• Jan 25th, 2021 11:42 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2077 posts
1106 upvotes
Ottawa
I asked 2 friends. Both have costco accounts. Both had their orders cancelled. Wth
Sep 21, 2019
3 posts
What if you have gold for over 36 months? Does the deal still work for 36 months and then it goes back to regular gold or?
Nov 25, 2010
70 posts
23 upvotes
fruzmatik wrote: I asked 2 friends. Both have costco accounts. Both had their orders cancelled. Wth
I bought a couple cards from costco.ca just a few days ago without any issues. Contact Costco and ask why they are cancelling your order - they are the only people who know the reason.
May 6, 2017
178 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
fruzmatik wrote: I asked 2 friends. Both have costco accounts. Both had their orders cancelled. Wth
I had mine doing the same, turns out billing address didn't exactly match my banks, (it's apartment unit then building, not building name then unit number) and that's why it didn't work for me. Make sure all your billing info is exactly as it is on your bank statement, that should help
Personal Service with Professional Results
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19308 posts
8843 upvotes
Oakville
ZaeemKhan wrote: So, when I get to the Gamepass part, there are two options- $2 for 2-months or $1 for 1-month Ultimate.

Which one should I choose? I just extended my Live.
Only do the $1. You don't need 2 months, because it'll upgrade all of your existing Live sub.
subtlemist wrote: What if you have gold for over 36 months? Does the deal still work for 36 months and then it goes back to regular gold or?
The system isn't supposed to let you apply more than 36 months of gold. That's where the limit is, it's not a limit on Ultimate - Ultimate just converts your existing Gold balance, whatever it is.
Sep 21, 2019
3 posts
So I have gold that I applied through my console on October 13, 2018 that I assume expires on Oct 13 this year. I also used a 2 week game pass code recently that expires in 5 days.

In the instructions at the beginning of the thread it says you need to sign up for pc game pass but does regular gamepass work fine? If so, if I put 35 months of gold on my account, will the ultimate be applied for the full term? From what I understand it adds your game pass and gold membership terms together. I want to maximize but don't want to mess it up by going over the limit. I think with my current subscriptions I should be safe but should I only apply 33 or 34 months of live to be safe?
Dec 28, 2014
36 posts
5 upvotes
Langley, BC
I am curious about this too. My gold membership just expired. I have read the OP sticky but still have a few questions:

If I buy a 12 month gold right now and enter the code, how do I ensure that I don't screw this up?

I see a 2 months for $2 offer on my console which is different than what is in the OP.

Also, what does the $1 PC GamePass have to do with this? I don't play games on my PC so I'm not interested in that but is it a necessary "workaround"?

Thanks for any feedback. I can't afford the 36 month super deal that everyone is taking advantage of but I would like to maximize this.
Nov 9, 2017
73 posts
65 upvotes
subtlemist wrote: I should be safe but should I only apply 33 or 34 months of live to be safe?
It doesn't matter if you go over the limit - you just lose those extra months. I went a month or two over 36 but didn't care because the savings are so vast it doesn't matter that they cut it off at 36.
Sep 21, 2019
3 posts
For some reason I thought if you had over 36 months of gold and gamepass combined, you wouldn't be able to get the deal. Thank you very much for clarifying!
Last edited by subtlemist on Sep 23rd, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2355 posts
995 upvotes
Montreal, QC
CHAJAZZ wrote: I am curious about this too. My gold membership just expired. I have read the OP sticky but still have a few questions:

If I buy a 12 month gold right now and enter the code, how do I ensure that I don't screw this up?

I see a 2 months for $2 offer on my console which is different than what is in the OP.

Also, what does the $1 PC GamePass have to do with this? I don't play games on my PC so I'm not interested in that but is it a necessary "workaround"?

Thanks for any feedback. I can't afford the 36 month super deal that everyone is taking advantage of but I would like to maximize this.
the 2 months for $2, it looks to be for gold only since yours expired recently. i'd do that first then, add the 12 month card (says yes to auto-renewal so you'd get an extra month. you can disable afterwards) then upgrade to ultimate so you'd get 16 months total. if you can add another 12 months, you'd be up to 29 months (12+1 for auto-renewal) or if you add a 6 months, you'd be at 22 months and then upgrade to ultimate (2+12+1+6+1+1)
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1120 posts
690 upvotes
London, ON
@CHAJAZZ When you become a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber, it converts all combined remaining time of:
  • Xbox Live Gold
  • Game Pass for console (Xbox One)
  • Game Pass for PC

You can make sure you have no active subscriptions here:
https://account.microsoft.com/services/

When you redeem a pre-paid Xbox Live Gold code, you should be offered 1 free month for enabling auto-renew/recurring billing. I find the easiest way to redeem is at redeem.microsoft.com—just make sure you're logged in to the correct Microsoft/Xbox account in your web browser.

If you want to end up with 1 cheap extra month of Ultimate, you can get a first month of Game Pass PC for $1 (before buying Ultimate). It's not required in any way; it's just an easy and cheap extra month.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/xbox- ... 0KGQ8/0002

You could also add any other codes you have lying around for XBL Gold or standard Game Pass, before buying Ultimate. You may have gotten some in your Xbox console box, for example.

When you're done adding as much time as you want, then you become a Game Pass Ultimate member as the final step. What you pay for your subscription doesn't matter; you'll convert your existing time, regardless. In your case, $2 for 2 months is probably the best that's currently available. You might be able to do $1 for 1 month. . . but adding an extra month for $1 is a good deal (as with Game Pass PC above).
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/xbox- ... 0KHS0/000Q

The final final step would be to disable recurring billing, so you don't automatically pay $17/month for Ultimate when your subscription expires.
https://account.microsoft.com/services/
Dec 28, 2014
36 posts
5 upvotes
Langley, BC
Wow. Very detailed. Thank you!

Just to be 100% ...I do not want to use the 2 month for $2 offer BEFORE adding a 12 month gold....Only AFTER redeeming any codes so that it converts whatever live gold that I have redeemed?

I was tempted to just click the 2 for 2 offer so I could play online until I find a discounted deal for the yearly subscription but don't want to jeopardize the opportunity to convert all of that Xbox live gold into Game Pass Ultimate.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1120 posts
690 upvotes
London, ON
CHAJAZZ wrote: Just to be 100% ...I do not want to use the 2 month for $2 offer BEFORE adding a 12 month gold....Only AFTER redeeming any codes so that it converts whatever live gold that I have redeemed?
Correct. Becoming a Game Pass Ultimate member is the final step.

Redeeming Gold or standard Game Pass codes after you've started Ultimate, it's converted at a lower ratio. For example: A 12-month Gold code would turn into 4 months of Ultimate. The conversion table is available by clicking the last FAQ here:

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-game-pass#faq

The ratio is based on regular US pricing:
12 months of Gold = $60 USD = 4 months of Ultimate ($15 USD/month)

The only type of code you'd get full benefit from as an active Ultimate member. . . is an Ultimate code. If, for example, you got an Ultimate code with a recent Xbox console, that would be the only code you'd want to redeem after buying Ultimate. Because the $2 for 2 months or similar are promotional offers, only available for non-members.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2077 posts
1106 upvotes
Ottawa
Casual_Canadian wrote: I had mine doing the same, turns out billing address didn't exactly match my banks, (it's apartment unit then building, not building name then unit number) and that's why it didn't work for me. Make sure all your billing info is exactly as it is on your bank statement, that should help
Thanks!
Turns out costco suggested address added an accent to my street name which was the culprit behind all of this nonsense.
Weird thing is I tried to reorder to the corrected address and then they cancelled my second order.
So apparently I need to edit my address before each order (otherwise they cancel it). I can't explain it.
Never had any issues buying on costco before.

Got 36 months of ultimate now. Thanks everyone!
May 6, 2017
178 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
fruzmatik wrote: Thanks!
Turns out costco suggested address added an accent to my street name which was the culprit behind all of this nonsense.
Weird thing is I tried to reorder to the corrected address and then they cancelled my second order.
So apparently I need to edit my address before each order (otherwise they cancel it). I can't explain it.
Never had any issues buying on costco before.

Got 36 months of ultimate now. Thanks everyone!
Congrats and enjoy!
Personal Service with Professional Results
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6329 posts
2761 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Just did, got until Jan 2021
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Oct 1, 2012
38 posts
4 upvotes
Oakville, Ontario
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Recurring billing off, expires on 9/28/2022

Nice :)

I was one of those people who was having issues with Costco's stupid online ordering. I think in my case it's because my membership isn't "verified". Since someone stole my credit card info (I have the Costco credit card) they assumed my membership info was stolen too, so issued a new membership number. Apparently you have to verify this in person to order online for some stupid reason. You would assume that since it's a credit card they should be pretty sure of my identity corresponding to my membership number, but no. I would also assume they would tell you why your order is being repeatedly cancelled, but no to that as well. I just said screw this and just bought from EB Games. It's an extra cost, but I don't have time to go to Costco and do the verification shit
Jun 26, 2013
775 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Expires on 10/5/2022

Thank you

Got it through Costco...ran into cancellation...sorted it by calling Costco online customer service. took around 30 minutes.
Dec 9, 2013
457 posts
220 upvotes
Surrey
I just bought an Xbox, I have a gold 12 gold and a 1 month gold code
Can I still use my one month gold code?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

MrJfrsn, DenisS50300