• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2021 8:53 am
Tags:
None
Dec 9, 2001
492 posts
224 upvotes
Vancouver
ahbitheman wrote: I'm going to bring this particular topic back up. I've noticed I'm getting booted out a ton especially the last few days using my gamertag that owns COD but doesn't have xbox live while playing on an xbox one x with has my old gamertag assigned as the home console account and has xbox live (note I only have 2 gamertags). Unfortunately I just renewed my gold for 33 months of ultimate. Microsoft won't transfer my gold subscription to the gamertag that also owns COD. My internet is otherwise very stable as it's direct to router but I guess even the slightest hiccup is booting me out of MP and to the main COD menu.

What other solutions are there assuming I can't secure my internet any further? Re-buy gold on my gamertag that owns the game? My online progress also can't be migrated to my legacy gamertag as I'm told all progress would be lost. Or would buying COD on my legacy gamertag also work? You seem to be well versed on these issue so I figured I'd post again. Super annoying

Thanks!
I forget if this is possible or not, but see if you can set both accounts to use the same xbox as home console...
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2009
1033 posts
35 upvotes
Was just going to suggest this as another fix. I've now done that so both gamertags are assigned home console on my main xbox one x. That means I won't be able to play the game on my other xbox one if I host people but I guess I won't be hosting people for a while!

Hopefully this should work?
ShocWave wrote: I forget if this is possible or not, but see if you can set both accounts to use the same xbox as home console...
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2009
1033 posts
35 upvotes
Nope....booted from Warzone again...lol
ahbitheman wrote: Was just going to suggest this as another fix. I've now done that so both gamertags are assigned home console on my main xbox one x. That means I won't be able to play the game on my other xbox one if I host people but I guess I won't be hosting people for a while!

Hopefully this should work?
Apr 12, 2020
2 posts
Was just able to complete this this morning! Game Pass ultimate expires in February 2023!! Thank so much OP for both this deal, and your very clear instructions!
Jun 19, 2010
160 posts
9 upvotes
how did they straighten it out on the phone?
the two times i spoke with them, all they suggested was changing my address, which still resulted in the orders being cancelled.
monkey0013 wrote: For all those with the Costco issues, when I finally reached a CS rep they mentioned that there is a limit on these cards. So if it cancels right away, don't do like I first did and keep ordering.

Call customer service with your order number and they will straighten it out.

Good luck all and thanks again OP, dad of the year award according to my kids with 3 years if Ultimate!
Aug 27, 2001
60 posts
2 upvotes
Fredericton
FiggyPudding wrote: Was just able to complete this this morning! Game Pass ultimate expires in February 2023!! Thank so much OP for both this deal, and your very clear instructions!
Deal appears to be dead now. If you already have a Gold subscription, the price for Ultimate is now $16.99/month. The $1 option is gone. I was in the middle of subscribing when the site started giving error messages, my $1.15 was refunded and then the discount disappeared from the purchase page.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19269 posts
8820 upvotes
Oakville
NerfHerder wrote: Deal appears to be dead now. If you already have a Gold subscription, the price for Ultimate is now $16.99/month. The $1 option is gone. I was in the middle of subscribing when the site started giving error messages, my $1.15 was refunded and then the discount disappeared from the purchase page.
The $1 deal comes and goes, depending on your account (I still see it when logged out, for example). Sounds like you had the bad luck of trying to subscribe right as it was being removed from your account, maybe. The deal is more about stacking your gold and doing a one time upgrade, any way (you save an extra 40ish cents a month on the $1 vs $16.99 upgrade, over 36 months).
Aug 22, 2012
224 posts
199 upvotes
I don't have a Costco membership, nor do I want to stack 3 years unless it'd be silly not to. I'm planning to buy 1 year from the Microsoft store and then convert that. Is there a better option for me?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19269 posts
8820 upvotes
Oakville
Enforcer22 wrote: I don't have a Costco membership, nor do I want to stack 3 years unless it'd be silly not to. I'm planning to buy 1 year from the Microsoft store and then convert that. Is there a better option for me?
You could always buy a Brazilian 12 month gold card off ebay, I know some people have done that instead of going the Costco route. Kind of a pain, though, as you have to redeem it using a VPN.

The only particular reason to stack would be if you don't think this "upgrade your entire remaining existing membership for the cost of one month of ultimate" functionality will stick around... But I can't see it going anywhere.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2103 posts
1530 upvotes
Fredericton
Just in case anyone was still wondering, this absolutely still works.

I had my XBX arrive today. I applied the free month of Gold and the free month of Game Pass codes that came with the console. I then followed all of the instructions in the thread summary (I only got a 12-month Gold sub) and now I have an Game Pass Ultimate subscription that ends on October 13th, 2021.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
May 4, 2004
484 posts
44 upvotes
I tried ordering the 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership – Digital download Item #1060292 from costco.ca last night.
11 minutes after I received the order confirmation email, I received a cancelation email.
Has anyone else had this happen? I have a valid costco member, number is on my account. Credit card is fine and used all the time.
I searched this thread, and didn't find any similar messages.

We regret to inform you that we were unable to process your Costco.ca order.
Order Number: 87xxxxxxx
Cancellation Date: 04/17/2020
If you find a discrepancy, please make the appropriate changes prior to placing another order.
Your credit card has not been charged and we've contacted your bank to release the bank pre-authorization (if applicable).
If the purchase was made using a Costco shop Card, please allow 24-48 hours for this shop card to be reloaded.
To continue shopping or to place a new order, please visit Costco.ca.
Thank You,
Costco.ca Customer Service
May 22, 2007
249 posts
225 upvotes
Mirx wrote: I tried ordering the 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership – Digital download Item #1060292 from costco.ca last night.
11 minutes after I received the order confirmation email, I received a cancelation email.
Has anyone else had this happen? I have a valid costco member, number is on my account. Credit card is fine and used all the time.
I searched this thread, and didn't find any similar messages.

We regret to inform you that we were unable to process your Costco.ca order.
Order Number: 87xxxxxxx
Cancellation Date: 04/17/2020
If you find a discrepancy, please make the appropriate changes prior to placing another order.
Your credit card has not been charged and we've contacted your bank to release the bank pre-authorization (if applicable).
If the purchase was made using a Costco shop Card, please allow 24-48 hours for this shop card to be reloaded.
To continue shopping or to place a new order, please visit Costco.ca.
Thank You,
Costco.ca Customer Service
Apparently, Costco is very strict with billing and mailing address being correct. There's another thread I'm following where someone had the same problem:
GStrike- wrote: So I ordered from costco 4 times all 4 times my order got canceled. I had to call in to see what was wrong and they told me it's the billing address. So costco is anal about the exact address e.g. if your billing address is road but you wrote rd it'll get denied.
Nov 30, 2006
514 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
Do I need to turn off the auto renew after accepting it with each card redemption?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19269 posts
8820 upvotes
Oakville
vanhalen26 wrote: Do I need to turn off the auto renew after accepting it with each card redemption?
Yes, otherwise you won't get offered the bonus month each time for signing up for auto renew
Nov 30, 2006
514 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
This is great. Worked flawlessly for me to. I added 35 months. Thanks for the post and help! I did turn off the auto renew after adding each card just to be safe, even though that wasn't in the instructions on the first page. I did have issues getting the cards from Costco and a relative had to order.
Jul 5, 2006
412 posts
221 upvotes
Bought a code from Costco. Had it shipped to an email addresses different from the email on account, and order was cancelled. "Shipping" and billing address were matching tho
Dec 22, 2001
836 posts
134 upvotes
Is there anyway to still get this deal if you've already used the 3 months for $1 promo?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19269 posts
8820 upvotes
Oakville
boojew wrote: Is there anyway to still get this deal if you've already used the 3 months for $1 promo?
You may or may not get the $1 promo offered to you again, there's no way to know if or when you will. But you can still upgrade your existing Gold balance just by paying for a single month.
Jan 24, 2009
907 posts
12 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
Worked perfectly for me today. I had actually done the $1 for 1 month ultimate game pass before realizing this deal existed, waited for it to expire today before redeeming my codes. I initially got an error saying that I was trying to downgrade my subscription. If anyone has any issues with this, message xbox chat - tell them you're having issues with this and ask to see if your ultimate game pass is listed as cancelled on their end. In my case it was expired but not cancelled. Once they cleared that up I was able to do my conversion with no issues! I've got Ultimate pass until March 2023

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)