• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 4:51 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 9, 2001
453 posts
194 upvotes
Vancouver
wearysky wrote: I mean... As far as anybody can tell, you should just be able to wait for it to fully expire, max out your 3 years with regular CostCo XBLive codes, and then upgrade the full three years again for $16.99.
Hmm... My mistake. I thought the upgrade was part of the promotion, but I guess that's just how it works.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
8683 posts
3653 upvotes
Toronto
I just want this for the PC version of The Outer Worlds. What's the cheapest way to get a few months to a year of the PC Xbox pass? From codes off reddit people?
Oct 16, 2007
502 posts
134 upvotes
wearysky wrote: I mean... As far as anybody can tell, you should just be able to wait for it to fully expire, max out your 3 years with regular CostCo XBLive codes, and then upgrade the full three years again for $16.99.
I can test this Nov 6. I did 2 months for 2 bucks before i saw this thread
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18873 posts
8518 upvotes
Oakville
HeavyFlea wrote: I can test this Nov 6. I did 2 months for 2 bucks before i saw this thread
I believe somebody in the thread has already done it. This is the way that Outlook365 has worked for years (allow you to buy cheaper, then upgrade all of it when you upgrade). Otherwise nobody will upgrade if they've got 3 years stacked already :)
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Aug 18, 2016
156 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
ShocWave wrote: I just bought $30 worth of Rockstar a few days ago. 7-11 sells them 3 for $5, and buy 6 get 1 free with the app.
Works out to $10 for 7 cans, which gets you 98 days of game pass.

You need to request the codes by November 30th, but the codes expire March 30th, 2020 so you don't have to enter them all right away.
I started game pass in June, and now I have enough codes to keep me maxed out at 3 years until March.

Just be aware you will need a Microsoft account for every 2 cans for them to link up, no Gmail.
Phone number verification will kick in after you make a few, so I don't recommended doing this method for buying the full 3 years.

Rather, it's a cheap way to top up your account if you already have game pass.
Once the $1 deal ends, you won't be able to get game pass again at such a low price.
In the short time I've used this service, I already can't imagine life without it. I bet Microsoft will be able to retain a large portion of the trial users years from now.
Haha guess it's time to load up on Rockstars
Feb 24, 2011
24 posts
1 upvote
The thread got me confused. What's the cheapest way to get a game pass for PC only?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18873 posts
8518 upvotes
Oakville
jackstrap wrote: The thread got me confused. What's the cheapest way to get a game pass for PC only?
PC-only is $5.99 a month currently while it's in beta. $11.99 when it goes out of beta. There's no "deal" for PC game pass only. But if you follow the steps in the thread summary (right below the OP), you get Gamepass Ultimate for $4.57 a month, which includes game pass for PC. You may never use the XBox live or Xbox game pass, but who cares? Still lends up cheaper than regular PC game pass at the discounted beta price, nevermind full price.
Dec 30, 2017
196 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
So I did the subscription for 16 months when it came out not the full 3 years.

my subscription is showing expires on 9/7/2020.

how do I get the max out of the current condition? --- meaning how do I extend it to 2022?

Also can't understand the current rockstar promotion.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3327 posts
701 upvotes
Toronto
rhutvirani wrote: So I did the subscription for 16 months when it came out not the full 3 years.

my subscription is showing expires on 9/7/2020.

how do I get the max out of the current condition? --- meaning how do I extend it to 2022?

Also can't understand the current rockstar promotion.
By subscription you mean Xbox Live or ultimate game pass?

If game pass then you can't extend really without going the game pass route as the original deal was to extend your live or PC game pass to 3 years then upgrade with the game pass trial.
Dec 30, 2017
196 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
undacova wrote: By subscription you mean Xbox Live or ultimate game pass?

If game pass then you can't extend really without going the game pass route as the original deal was to extend your live or PC game pass to 3 years then upgrade with the game pass trial.
ya i mean the actual GPU and Live . DO i follow the same steps as the original or do i need to contact support ? as I read somewhere that if i just add a live 12months code now it will convert to lesser months and it will result in expensive per month.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18873 posts
8518 upvotes
Oakville
rhutvirani wrote: ya i mean the actual GPU and Live . DO i follow the same steps as the original or do i need to contact support ? as I read somewhere that if i just add a live 12months code now it will convert to lesser months and it will result in expensive per month.
If you add a regular live 12 month code now, you get 3 or 4 months of GPU (I can't remember the conversion rate off the top of my head, it's somewhere in this thread). The only people that were able to undo their upgrade and extend and then re-do it had contacted support *immediately* after upgrading, it sounds from your situation like you're too late to do that.

The full details of the rockstar promo are in this post, but it's a serious pain in the ass:
ImpKnight wrote: At Shell stations(in Ontario at least) Rockstars are 3/$5. Make sure you get the Gears 5 cans.

You go to https://gears.rockstarenergy.com/en-US/ and make an account. You enter 2 codes (from the tabs of the cans) only and you get 4 Xbox codes for a week each of Live or Gamepass(when you have Gamepass Ultimate, it says it converts to 5 days, but each give you 7)

You can only enter 2 codes before you stop getting the Xbox Live codes. All you get after 2 is Gears 5 stuff.

So you use a temp email to both make a new Gears 5 Rockstar account, as well as a new Microsoft account. The email/passwords don't matter. You will never enter them again.

Then you enter another 2 codes form the cans. When you click redeem, as long as you have your new Microsoft account signed in, it will work.

Now just copy the 16 digit codes for later.

Once you have the codes, sign back into your regular Microsoft account and redeem the codes on it. Make sure it says it will be redeemed on the email you usually use, sometimes it will show the temp email for some reason.
Personally, I'd just wait till your 16 months are up and your ultimate expires, then stack up on 36mos regular live the normal way (per the thread summary on pg 1), and upgrade to ultimate again. It'll convert everything at par.
Dec 30, 2017
196 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: If you add a regular live 12 month code now, you get 3 or 4 months of GPU (I can't remember the conversion rate off the top of my head, it's somewhere in this thread). The only people that were able to undo their upgrade and extend and then re-do it had contacted support *immediately* after upgrading, it sounds from your situation like you're too late to do that.
ok let me try and contact support.

Edit : contacted them , they said it should add up 1 year. So lets try.
Dec 24, 2004
538 posts
64 upvotes
Windsor
I've ordered online through costco before. Nothing I try is allowing me to purchase XBOX Live subscriptions.
Sep 19, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
Bestbuy.ca is giving an extra 3 months free if you buy 3 months. No idea if it stacks or is free 3 months per customer. Online only.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1119 posts
690 upvotes
London, ON
DeoGame wrote: Bestbuy.ca is giving an extra 3 months free if you buy 3 months. No idea if it stacks or is free 3 months per customer. Online only.
Link:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/xb ... d/13627110

Terms: Bonus Xbox One 3-Month Game Pass Ultimate code will be emailed separately within 24 hours of placing your order. Limited quantities, while supplies last. No rainchecks. Downloadable Software is non-refundable and non-returnable. An electronic code will be emailed to you by Codes 2 GO Inc. You will not be shipped a CD or other physical goods. Please ensure to provide the correct email address when placing your order. Code must be redeemed by 1/15/2020.

That's $50 for 6 months, or $8.33/month. Regular $17/month. Not bad for an extension, if you've already bought in.