Expired Hot Deals

[Microsoft Store] Xbox controller charging stand $34.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2020 12:55 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Dec 4, 2010
161 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa

[Microsoft Store] Xbox controller charging stand $34.99

Microsoft store looks to be clearing out some of the funky coloured controller charging stands. I found a colour combo that worked for me.

Note that it looked like there was only pink or green to choose from for the "free" battery cover. Not sure if that was across the board or only for the colour I picked.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/contr ... vcqsj7v6pt

Non charging controller stands also on sale for $7.99
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/contr ... 07q5srtv11
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 15th, 2020 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
15 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 14, 2001
4094 posts
2216 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Interesting.. do I really need this? Face Screaming In Fear
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
9237 posts
1388 upvotes
Na. Extra junk sitting around the house lol. Use AA batteries are better. 35 bucks is a no go.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 22, 2013
1309 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
It would be nice if they just made better controllers. The new controller even for the new systems coming out is pretty much the same except for some button in the middle that does whatever. I don't even remember and heard like 6 hrs ago. Anyway same controllers and this generation I have had the sticks break too easily, the rubber tear on them, etc. There is a reason they made those thumb covers. Hey great way to make an extra buck. Also with all these better made / rated MS controllers and then customized controllers eh I never expect the regular controllers to be good again. I'd like to take whoever made these controllers and stick them in the charger. LOL!
Newbie
Aug 13, 2019
43 posts
30 upvotes
Not a great price and you are way better off buying some quality rechargeable batteries for controllers
Newbie
Aug 13, 2019
43 posts
30 upvotes
Never had an issue with my 8 Xbox one controllers but man the 360 ones I had to replace the thumbsticks all the time
Jr. Member
Dec 29, 2010
128 posts
147 upvotes
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: It would be nice if they just made better controllers. The new controller even for the new systems coming out is pretty much the same except for some button in the middle that does whatever. I don't even remember and heard like 6 hrs ago. Anyway same controllers and this generation I have had the sticks break too easily, the rubber tear on them, etc. There is a reason they made those thumb covers. Hey great way to make an extra buck. Also with all these better made / rated MS controllers and then customized controllers eh I never expect the regular controllers to be good again. I'd like to take whoever made these controllers and stick them in the charger. LOL!
I’ve had an Xbox controller that I use pretty much daily for 1-2 hours a day minimum for rocket league. If you keep breaking them, get extended warranty from the store you buy it at - it’ll probably be worth it
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 5, 2001
6455 posts
4451 upvotes
Just buy an elite controller. Charger is built into the case. Face With Tears Of Joy
Jr. Member
Jan 23, 2019
119 posts
92 upvotes
I feel this is pretty expensive just to charge one controller... You can find better stands on Amazon for cheaper imo
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 22, 2013
1309 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
bigjzus wrote: I’ve had an Xbox controller that I use pretty much daily for 1-2 hours a day minimum for rocket league. If you keep breaking them, get extended warranty from the store you buy it at - it’ll probably be worth it
Oh definitely did learn that lesson as I was surprised how little it was to get the extended warranty. Thing is though my son or I over the years just ended up using the ones that came with the consoles so it was much more to cover that. Anyway hear ya.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 22, 2013
1309 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
9394 wrote: Just buy an elite controller. Charger is built into the case. Face With Tears Of Joy
Don't buy an elite controller as it just feeds into MS not just making one damn good controller.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Dec 2, 2016
162 posts
185 upvotes
Kind of want, seems over-priced though even on sale. I'm feeling $35 should be regular for this little guy, $15 - $20 would be my strike point.

Be advised, you need the (included) battery cover for this to work, and you get to choose the color, but there is only pink or green available.

I thought "Lightening(sp??) Yellow" would go nice with my Cyberpunk 2077 controller, but not sure how those battery covers will look on the black/red/silver controller.
Member
User avatar
Jan 23, 2009
346 posts
241 upvotes
VI
Bit pricey, I got a 2 controller charger with batteries for 20 on Amazon about a year ago and it works really well except the battery pack will pop off if you drop the controller hard enough. It's 3rd party and may be hit or miss but I like not having to steal the batteries out of my remote in the middle of a game.

As for controller quality some of you guys sound really tough on controllers? I game about 2-4 hours most days and except for a bit of mung in some books and crannies I still have all my original controllers for xbone, 360 (use with man cave PC), ps3, PS2 heck I still have my original game Boy and it still works perfectly and I got it when I was like 9. I had a roommate who would smash controllers when he got scored on playing NHL games so he bought my PS1 off me haha.
Jr. Member
Dec 14, 2013
112 posts
133 upvotes
AJAX
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: It would be nice if they just made better controllers. The new controller even for the new systems coming out is pretty much the same except for some button in the middle that does whatever. I don't even remember and heard like 6 hrs ago. Anyway same controllers and this generation I have had the sticks break too easily, the rubber tear on them, etc. There is a reason they made those thumb covers. Hey great way to make an extra buck. Also with all these better made / rated MS controllers and then customized controllers eh I never expect the regular controllers to be good again. I'd like to take whoever made these controllers and stick them in the charger. LOL!
Wear and tear does eventually get to everything.

Top