• Oct 11th, 2019 1:59 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 27, 2012
744 posts
1117 upvotes

[Microsoft Store] Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - $1

**Offers are for a limited time and may not be valid for all members. After promotional period, subscription continues to be charged at the then-current regular price (subject to change), unless cancelled. Plus applicable taxes. Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Live Gold or Game Pass membership(s) into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the same amount of time, up to 36 months total.
Last edited by Saukrates on Jun 9th, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010-2019 Contest Winnings = $0
Thread Summary
Make sure you redeem any Gold subscription before converting to game pass ultimate.

Gold time added AFTER conversion to Ultimate will be at a 3:1 rate. 12 months of Gold = 4 Months of Ultimate, so be sure to add BEFORE conversion.

Subscribe to PC Game Pass @ $1 for an extra month: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/xbox- ... 0KGQ8/0002

Process for Costco members (Note: rhutvirani has pointed out an expired costco membership worked, so YMMV.)
This assumes you have no active memberships with Microsoft. If you do, reduce the amount you by accordingly as the maximum is 36 months.
1. From costco.ca buy: (don't forget to use the code AERO3 for Aeroplan Miles)
two 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership – Digital download Item #1060292 for $60 each
one 6 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership – Digital download Item #1145546 for $38
2. You will receive codes in your email. Got to https://microsoft.com/redeem and apply one code at a time. Each time it will give you the option of getting 1 bonus month in exchange for setting up auto-renewal - do it all 3 times. This auto renewal will vanish anyway in a few minutes as you migrate. You have now added 12 + 12 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 33 months of Xbox Live Gold to your account.
3. Now go to HERE to subscribe to PC Game Pass for $1 for the first month (additional months are $6/month but that doesn't matter - it'll get cancelled in a few minutes in the migration). You now have 33 months of Xbox Live Gold to your account and 1 month of PC Game Pass on your account.
4. Now go to HERE to subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1 for the first month and migrate everything else over to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. You'll now have 35 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
5. Now go to https://account.microsoft.com/services/ and turn off the recurring payments of $17/month just so you don't forget in 35 months time to do it. Note: you do not need to cancel the Xbox Live Gold and PC Game Pass; the migration process in step 3 has closed out those services already. The only recurring payment to stop is the one for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
6. You should see on that page the following:-
"Xbox Game Pass Ultimate"
"Expires on 5/xxx/2022" (IE May 2022 - 35 months from now)
"Turn on recurring billing" as a clickable link; which indicates it's not on

Total cost before tax: $60+$60+$38+$1+$1 = $160
Total months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate received = 12+12+6+3+1+1 = 35 months (the maximum you're allowed under this migration deal is 36 months)
Cost per month: $160/35 months = $4.57/month
---Setlist
1420 replies
Oct 12, 2011
271 posts
89 upvotes
CARP
yeah, people on reddit are saying this converts your LIVE sub into Gamepass Ultimate. So add some years of LIVE(max 3 iirc) and then convert it. Then you'll have GPU for the entire time you have Gold.

Seems to good to be true.

Edit. It says when you click to upgrade that they will convert the entire remaing time of your Gold to UGP, for a max of 36 months.

Then when you are about to pay it says:

By selecting Subscribe, you agree to the Store terms of sale. We'll charge you CAD $1.00 plus applicable taxes for the first month and CAD $16.99 plus applicable taxes every month after that. You'll be notified before any future price changes. Cancel any time.

Seems like it is to good to be true?

edit2: After completeing, my subscription page says"

CAD $16.99 every month, next charge on 10/20/2021 with Visa ******

So maybe it is true. Fingers crossed.
Last edited by ImpKnight on Jun 9th, 2019 7:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jan 11, 2002
975 posts
334 upvotes
Midland
Looks like they’ve decided to flip the switch on this amazing deal for the E3 presentation today! (This was available last month to xbox beta testers)
[OP]
Jun 27, 2012
744 posts
1117 upvotes
Yeah should have added another year of Live first but oh well. Insane deal any way you look at it.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
2818 posts
1743 upvotes
Montreal
Cool, and I thought I won't get this deal because it ended through the Xbox Insiders program.

virtuman1980 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2013 8:56 am
Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote:
Feb 19th, 2013 12:35 am
... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
Nov 22, 2013
680 posts
515 upvotes
Toronto
ImpKnight wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 7:35 am
yeah, people on reddit are saying this converts your LIVE sub into Gamepass Ultimate. So add some years of LIVE(max 3 iirc) and then convert it. Then you'll have GPU for the entire time you have Gold.

Seems to good to be true.

Edit. It says when you click to upgrade that they will convert the entire remaing time of your Gold to UGP, for a max of 36 months.

Then when you are about to pay it says:

By selecting Subscribe, you agree to the Store terms of sale. We'll charge you CAD $1.00 plus applicable taxes for the first month and CAD $16.99 plus applicable taxes every month after that. You'll be notified before any future price changes. Cancel any time.

Seems like it is to good to be true?

edit2: After completeing, my subscription page says"

CAD $16.99 every month, next charge on 10/20/2021 with Visa ******

So maybe it is true. Fingers crossed.
Add some years of Xbox Live ... Eh that isn't going to be cheap so I don't get this at all. Also I already have one month of Xbox Live and Game Pass I am using. Is it not going to kill that off?

Also ... I don't like where they are going with this as by combining these eh it will be $14.99 x 12 per year .. $180 or so and so what will be a sale price on that? I just want my Xbox Live and I don't want them messing with it. They are not doing this out of the kindness of their heart.
Last edited by LetsMakeADeal2013 on Jun 9th, 2019 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
2818 posts
1743 upvotes
Montreal
I wasn't able to get the deal, it says it will convert the rest of my XBL to GPU and then:
CAD $16.99 plus applicable taxes

virtuman1980 wrote:
Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote:
... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
Mar 14, 2007
527 posts
446 upvotes
Brunswich
bgallagher wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 7:53 am
I wasn't able to get the deal, it says it will convert the rest of my XBL to GPU and then:
CAD $16.99 plus applicable taxes
Yeah that means they charged you $1 plus tax for GPU for the remaining period you had on your live account and then once your live was set to expire, they'll begin charging you $16.99 plus tax each month. You got in on it, worry not.
Also manage your subscription and cancel recurring billing and it'll show you how much time you've got of GPU.
[OP]
Jun 27, 2012
744 posts
1117 upvotes
SigBro wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 7:56 am
Yeah that means they charged you $1 plus tax for GPU for the remaining period you had on your live account and then once your live was set to expire, they'll begin charging you $16.99 plus tax each month. You got in on it, worry not.
Also manage your subscription and cancel recurring billing and it'll show you how much time you've got of GPU.
That's exactly right. I had Live until June or July 2021 and Game Pass until July 2019. It converts them both to Game Pass Ultimate so now it says it will expire in August 2021. Cancelled the recurring billing of course.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
2818 posts
1743 upvotes
Montreal
SigBro wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 7:56 am
No, right now, for upgrading my membership to GPU, they charge me CAD $16.99 plus applicable taxes, not after it expires. No $1 deal for me.

virtuman1980 wrote:
datako wrote:
Nov 22, 2013
680 posts
515 upvotes
Toronto
So we have to spend $60 x 3 years right now and be locked into that to find out if this works?
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
1836 posts
473 upvotes
Maple
Is there anyway to add gold after the fact to extend this deal ?
Jul 23, 2010
404 posts
1414 upvotes
Province of Quebec
bgallagher wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 8:00 am
No, right now, for upgrading my membership to GPU, they charge me CAD $16.99 plus applicable taxes, not after it expires. No $1 deal for me.
I'm in the same situation. I think it's because we're in Quebec again but in my profile I said Alberta... I'll try using a VPN to get it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)