Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Upgrade XBox Live Gold to Gamepass Ultimate at 1:1

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2023 3:13 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2018
1515 posts
2810 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bah, I screwed myself a little bit doing this. I bought 12+6 months to top off my Xbox Live which had 19.5 months on it. But I couldn't redeem the 6 months because the maximum Xbox Live you can have is 36 months. So I converted over what I had, but now have a 6-month Xbox live card that will only convert to 2 months of Game Pass.

Moral of the story: you cannot exceed 36 months of Xbox live. Plan your purchases accordingly so you aren't stuck with Xbox Live cards that are less valuable!
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2099 posts
1824 upvotes
AB
OneAndTrueHeir wrote: Bah, I screwed myself a little bit doing this. I bought 12+6 months to top off my Xbox Live which had 19.5 months on it. But I couldn't redeem the 6 months because the maximum Xbox Live you can have is 36 months. So I converted over what I had, but now have a 6-month Xbox live card that will only convert to 2 months of Game Pass.

Moral of the story: you cannot exceed 36 months of Xbox live. Plan your purchases accordingly so you aren't stuck with Xbox Live cards that are less valuable!
That, or just re-sell the codes to whoever needs them to get to the 36-month mark.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
OneAndTrueHeir wrote: Bah, I screwed myself a little bit doing this. I bought 12+6 months to top off my Xbox Live which had 19.5 months on it. But I couldn't redeem the 6 months because the maximum Xbox Live you can have is 36 months. So I converted over what I had, but now have a 6-month Xbox live card that will only convert to 2 months of Game Pass.

If you bought the 6 month code from CostCo, you can return it. Otherwise, yeah, you can sell it either.
Apr 2, 2015
278 posts
1363 upvotes
White Rock, BC
SamG852 wrote: Just the console, not the membership at toys r us.
I haven't been checking the thread often, didn't see that. Do you have a link?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2189 posts
2897 upvotes
TORONTO
Question and apologies if it's been asked before in the thread:

Since I just got a decent gaming laptop, I'm considering this deal. I have a question regarding the ownership of the game (on PC) after the membership expires, can I still play those "included with game pass" games after the 3 years of sub? Thanks!
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2018
1515 posts
2810 upvotes
Winnipeg
wearysky wrote: If you bought the 6 month code from CostCo, you can return it. Otherwise, yeah, you can sell it either.
I didn't think they would accept returns on a digital code. Lets give it a shot and see what happens......!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
hansdoreen wrote: Question and apologies if it's been asked before in the thread:

Since I just got a decent gaming laptop, I'm considering this deal. I have a question regarding the ownership of the game (on PC) after the membership expires, can I still play those "included with game pass" games after the 3 years of sub? Thanks!
No.. once your access to game pass expires you will no longer have access to included with game pass games....
Sep 12, 2004
380 posts
276 upvotes
Thanks OP. I did all this and I'm set until 2022! Also, I'd like to Thanks Steve Ballmer and all the developers.
May 21, 2019
88 posts
25 upvotes
London
Hey guys,

Currently on the promotion for 3 months of game pass for 1 dollar.

I have 3 months of Gold left.

Should I Buy 2 x 1 year Xbox Live cards, than signup for this promo for game pass? Any issues with this?

Thanks
May 3, 2016
837 posts
667 upvotes
mrwoogyboogy wrote: Hey guys,

Currently on the promotion for 3 months of game pass for 1 dollar.

I have 3 months of Gold left.

Should I Buy 2 x 1 year Xbox Live cards, than signup for this promo for game pass? Any issues with this?

Thanks
Buy enough to get to 36 months if you so desire - but add as much as you want to first (up to 36) and then jump on the offer.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2517 posts
896 upvotes
I keep asking when this deal ends but I truly don't think anyone knows. But it keeps enticing me to do it lol.
May 21, 2019
88 posts
25 upvotes
London
Raimond wrote: I keep asking when this deal ends but I truly don't think anyone knows. But it keeps enticing me to do it lol.
I clicked the link in the Original Post and on the Microsoft website it says

"CAD $16.99/month
Original price was CAD $16.99, current price is CAD $1.00
CAD $1.00
94% off • 14 days left"
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2517 posts
896 upvotes
mrwoogyboogy wrote: I clicked the link in the Original Post and on the Microsoft website it says

"CAD $16.99/month
Original price was CAD $16.99, current price is CAD $1.00
CAD $1.00
94% off • 14 days left"
So I guess this is the best evidence to show how much time we truly have left.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
So are they getting rid of XBL for this Ultimate game pass? I dont play much and usually just renew in the winter months when I play a bit more not sure if its worth it for me, maybe playing on PC?

Thanks
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
sickcars wrote: So are they getting rid of XBL for this Ultimate game pass? I dont play much and usually just renew in the winter months when I play a bit more not sure if its worth it for me, maybe playing on PC?

Thanks
No. XBL isn't going anywhere. Ultimate is just for people that want live PLUS xbox game pass PLUS pc game pass.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2017
1533 posts
2767 upvotes
Toronto
sounddeal wrote: Thanks, but price still shows up as $469.95, went all the way to the cart because I thought maybe there was a coupon code in the URL you passed.
I phoned
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
3074 posts
2101 upvotes
Midland
wearysky wrote: No. XBL isn't going anywhere. Ultimate is just for people that want live PLUS xbox game pass PLUS pc game pass.
I think you will be able to play gears 5 early
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
joe2k1 wrote: I think you will be able to play gears 5 early
Maybe, among many other benefits of an Ultimate subscription. But the person I was replying to was just concerned about XBL going away.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)