Tags:
None
Dec 9, 2001
282 posts
109 upvotes
Vancouver
etherboy wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 1:25 pm
If I'm just interested in Game Pass PC, is the recurring $6 the best deal at the moment? (I am already subbed)
No, on Reddit, you can get $2 per month (PC Game Pass only, no Ultimate). The codes expire in November, so there's a fire sale going on.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
1560 posts
106 upvotes
ShocWave wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 1:27 pm
No, on Reddit, you can get $2 per month (PC Game Pass only, no Ultimate). The codes expire in November, so there's a fire sale going on.
Thanks I'll check it out.

edit: do you have a link? Google is failing...
Dec 9, 2001
282 posts
109 upvotes
Vancouver
etherboy wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 1:29 pm
Thanks I'll check it out.

edit: do you have a link? Google is failing...
Here you go...
gulzergster wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 8:33 pm
I have Xbox Game Pass for PC for sale. Multiple codes can be stacked up to 3 years. Selling for $2.50/each or $30 for a year. The codes expire on November 18 2019, and must be used before then. Paypal payment preferred.
tips for redeeming: Enter 12 codes and get a a total of 24 months if you keep doing auto renewal for each code. and use the 2 dollar for 2 months offer to convert your xbox game pass for pc to ultimate game pass.
pm me if interested.
edit: it has been lowered to 2 USD or 2.65 CAD each and i have a posting up at r/indiegameswap where my username is DavidCrome86.
edit: price increased to 4$ CAD
Also, buying Rockstar energy drink is a good deal too. $5 per month for Ultimate plus drinks on the side to keep you awake during late night gaming sessions.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2571 posts
826 upvotes
Chatham
If I have Game Pass PC up to Nov 2020 and I go and buy a rockstar drink and get a month of Ultimate for $5, how does that work? Does it mess up my GPPC or do I just now have Ultimate until Nov 15th, and GPPC still shows going until Nov 2020?
Oct 12, 2011
281 posts
101 upvotes
CARP
ShocWave wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 1:16 pm

How are you getting 6 codes when you buy 3?

Seems like a killer deal? Since I'm 4 months in, I can stock up on Rockstar and extend my Game Pass membership back to 3 years.
Tibbs wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 4:06 pm
If I have Game Pass PC up to Nov 2020 and I go and buy a rockstar drink and get a month of Ultimate for $5, how does that work? Does it mess up my GPPC or do I just now have Ultimate until Nov 15th, and GPPC still shows going until Nov 2020?

At Shell stations(in Ontario at least) Rockstars are 3/$5. Make sure you get the Gears 5 cans.

You go to https://gears.rockstarenergy.com/en-US/ and make an account. You enter 2 codes (from the tabs of the cans) only and you get 4 Xbox codes for a week each of Live or Gamepass(when you have Gamepass Ultimate, it says it converts to 5 days, but each give you 7)

You can only enter 2 codes before you stop getting the Xbox Live codes. All you get after 2 is Gears 5 stuff.

So you use a temp email to both make a new Gears 5 Rockstar account, as well as a new Microsoft account. The email/passwords don't matter. You will never enter them again.

Then you enter another 2 codes form the cans. When you click redeem, as long as you have your new Microsoft account signed in, it will work.

Now just copy the 16 digit codes for later.

Once you have the codes, sign back into your regular Microsoft account and redeem the codes on it. Make sure it says it will be redeemed on the email you usually use, sometimes it will show the temp email for some reason.
Dec 9, 2001
282 posts
109 upvotes
Vancouver
ImpKnight wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 4:29 pm
At Shell stations(in Ontario at least) Rockstars are 3/$5. Make sure you get the Gears 5 cans.

You go to https://gears.rockstarenergy.com/en-US/ and make an account. You enter 2 codes (from the tabs of the cans) only and you get 4 Xbox codes for a week each of Live or Gamepass(when you have Gamepass Ultimate, it says it converts to 5 days, but each give you 7)
Ah, interesting. So each tab code redemption gets you two 7 day Xbox Live codes (one for Gold and one for Game Pass)
So I guess I can buy 6 cans and get another 84 days?

I think I see the same deal on the 7-11 app. 3 for $5. Buy 6 get 1 free!
Also, I heard in the USA, you get extra two codes from every can at Walmart and Circle K from the retailer. Which means 1 can of Rockstar gets you 28 days?

Did some math, and at $5 a can, it's $43 for the year. You must redeem the codes on the can by November 30, but it looks like the Xbox Live codes are good until March 30 2020.
Perfect way to get an extra few months of game pass and top up back to 3 years.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1120 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
Awesome, I think I just did it. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - "CAD $16.99 every month, next charge on 8/20/2022 with Microsoft account balance"

So even though it says first month for $1, this means I have Ultimate until Aug 2022 with no further charges until then?

If so, this is amazing, thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1536 posts
490 upvotes
Montreal, QC
iluvsdadeals wrote:
Oct 16th, 2019 11:57 am
Awesome, I think I just did it. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - "CAD $16.99 every month, next charge on 8/20/2022 with Microsoft account balance"

So even though it says first month for $1, this means I have Ultimate until Aug 2022 with no further charges until then?

yes. you prepaid until august 2022 which at that time, you'll be renewed at $16.99 per month
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16672 posts
6527 upvotes
Oakville
iluvsdadeals wrote:
Oct 16th, 2019 11:57 am

Yup, you've got it. Don't forget to turn off auto-renew so you don't get hit at regular price in 3 years when you totally forget that it's coming due :)
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Feb 9, 2017
32 posts
16 upvotes
Decided to take advantage of this deal today after seeing that The Outer Worlds was going to be added to Game Pass on release. The instructions in the OP worked like a charm! Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread!
Oct 19, 2019
1 posts
Decided to take the plunge on game pass. Everything works out so far. Thanks for the advice everyone!.
Oct 14, 2013
681 posts
1284 upvotes
Sherbrooke
ShocWave wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 1:34 pm
Here you go...

Also, buying Rockstar energy drink is a good deal too. $5 per month for Ultimate plus drinks on the side to keep you awake during late night gaming sessions.

WHere can we buy codes like this?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16672 posts
6527 upvotes
Oakville
sRPlay1989 wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2019 1:27 pm
WHere can we buy codes like this?
Answered like 5 posts up... But here ya go:
ImpKnight wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 4:29 pm

You can only enter 2 codes before you stop getting the Xbox Live codes. All you get after 2 is Gears 5 stuff.

So you use a temp email to both make a new Gears 5 Rockstar account, as well as a new Microsoft account. The email/passwords don't matter. You will never enter them again.

Then you enter another 2 codes form the cans. When you click redeem, as long as you have your new Microsoft account signed in, it will work.

Now just copy the 16 digit codes for later.

Once you have the codes, sign back into your regular Microsoft account and redeem the codes on it. Make sure it says it will be redeemed on the email you usually use, sometimes it will show the temp email for some reason.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Dec 9, 2001
282 posts
109 upvotes
Vancouver
I just bought $30 worth of Rockstar a few days ago. 7-11 sells them 3 for $5, and buy 6 get 1 free with the app.
Works out to $10 for 7 cans, which gets you 98 days of game pass.

You need to request the codes by November 30th, but the codes expire March 30th, 2020 so you don't have to enter them all right away.
I started game pass in June, and now I have enough codes to keep me maxed out at 3 years until March.

Just be aware you will need a Microsoft account for every 2 cans for them to link up, no Gmail.
Phone number verification will kick in after you make a few, so I don't recommended doing this method for buying the full 3 years.

Rather, it's a cheap way to top up your account if you already have game pass.
Once the $1 deal ends, you won't be able to get game pass again at such a low price.
In the short time I've used this service, I already can't imagine life without it. I bet Microsoft will be able to retain a large portion of the trial users years from now.