Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Microsoft Store] Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Get 3-months for $1

  • Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2020 9:21 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1240 posts
498 upvotes
BC
DanRFD wrote: Hi, I just spent an hour on the phone with Costco and I'm very displeased with the level of customer service offered. I have tried to purchase two 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership – Digital download Item #1060292 as well as one Xbox Live Gold 6 Month Membership - Digital Download Item #1145546 with my Visa. For the first time I tried buying it (Order Number Blanked Out For Obvious Reasons) I used my Mom's Costco card with my Visa to purchase it. It was cancelled. Today, on my day off, I spoke to a nice gentleman on the phone who today (the first time I called in) who said to change the shipping information to match my Mom's shipping information as it her Costco card. I went ahead and did that because it seemed logical, only to have my order cancelled again. I called in again, and spoke to another nice gentleman (Cody) who said because my name isn't on the Costco card the order won't go through despite what I was previously told. Okay fair enough, I remove the Costco membership from the order (making a third order online) only to have it cancelled again a few minutes later. I spoke to a female representative on the phone (didn't catch her name) who said my order was cancelled because they were unable to verify me. I don't, and didn't understand what that means so I asked to speak to a manager. She put me on hold more than 3 times, for more than 30 minutes, saying each time that she would get her supervisor. The last time she took me off hold she said "I will get my supervisor to talk to you," then paused for around a minute and said "goodbye". I don't understand why I'm unable to be verified, for a non-member item, why I couldn't speak to a supervisor, why I was on hold for a long time only to get told "goodbye", and finally why I can't make the purchase online for a digital item. I even called my bank to verify the problem wasn't on their end. All in all, it was a very poor shopping experience (if you can even call it that, I still need to purchase Xbox Live Gold).
I thought Costco only accepts MC?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 22, 2013
990 posts
323 upvotes
BC
gundamwingZero wrote: I thought Costco only accepts MC?
Costco.ca accepts the following credit cards: MasterCard (the preferred credit card of Costco.ca) and VISA. Some electronic transactions may require extended processing in addition to credit card authorization. You will be notified by a Costco customer service representative if extended processing is required to complete your transaction request through our web site.
https://www.costco.ca/online-shopping.html
Intel Core i7-9700KF | Asus Strix 2070 Super | <3
Member
Oct 16, 2007
491 posts
116 upvotes
Howdy! So before I saw this thread I did the game pass and ultimate for 2 months. It expired today. I confirmed with Microsoft I could do my gold cards now that it expired and then upgrade again to ultimate.

1) Bought two 12 month cards and one 6 month
2) I already got the 1 month for game pass and 1 month for ultimate so I can't do that again.
3) I can join game pass at 5.99 - to add an extra but...
4) Joining ultimate is 16.99 for one month. Or 50% off 3 months at 24.99!

Assuming there's no cheap upgrade to ultimate again. I'm thinking 24.99 is the best option here?

I did get the extra month for auto renewal. So 13 + 13 + 7 = 33 plus 3 months for 24.99 is 36 months. Anyone know if there's a better way atm ?
Sr. Member
Oct 13, 2011
959 posts
281 upvotes
Brandon
HeavyFlea wrote: Howdy! So before I saw this thread I did the game pass and ultimate for 2 months. It expired today. I confirmed with Microsoft I could do my gold cards now that it expired and then upgrade again to ultimate.

1) Bought two 12 month cards and one 6 month
2) I already got the 1 month for game pass and 1 month for ultimate so I can't do that again.
3) I can join game pass at 5.99 - to add an extra but...
4) Joining ultimate is 16.99 for one month. Or 50% off 3 months at 24.99!

Assuming there's no cheap upgrade to ultimate again. I'm thinking 24.99 is the best option here?

I did get the extra month for auto renewal. So 13 + 13 + 7 = 33 plus 3 months for 24.99 is 36 months. Anyone know if there's a better way atm ?


Link:
https://bestbuyca.o93x.net/c/341376/644 ... d/13627110

Terms: Bonus Xbox One 3-Month Game Pass Ultimate code will be emailed separately within 24 hours of placing your order. Limited quantities, while supplies last. No rainchecks. Downloadable Software is non-refundable and non-returnable. An electronic code will be emailed to you by Codes 2 GO Inc. You will not be shipped a CD or other physical goods. Please ensure to provide the correct email address when placing your order. Code must be redeemed by 1/15/2020.


That's $50 for 6 months, or $8.33/month. Regular $17/month. Not bad for an extension, if you've already bought in.

Better hurry it ends soon...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 13, 2009
1333 posts
1154 upvotes
My costco order for the gift cards got cancelled as well.

I started having buyers remorse after the purchase so I'm cool with it. I rather use my free 1 month promo (which should turn into 1+1 with this promo) and try it out first.
Wallet safe :rolleyes:
Sr. Member
Jul 7, 2008
567 posts
251 upvotes
dboyman5 wrote: Link:
https://bestbuyca.o93x.net/c/341376/644 ... d/13627110
Terms: Bonus Xbox One 3-Month Game Pass Ultimate code will be emailed separately within 24 hours of placing your order. Limited quantities, while supplies last. No rainchecks. Downloadable Software is non-refundable and non-returnable. An electronic code will be emailed to you by Codes 2 GO Inc. You will not be shipped a CD or other physical goods. Please ensure to provide the correct email address when placing your order. Code must be redeemed by 1/15/2020.


That's $50 for 6 months, or $8.33/month. Regular $17/month. Not bad for an extension, if you've already bought in.

Better hurry it ends soon...
Thanks bought it to extend my current subscription.
When will I receive my code?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
17086 posts
6912 upvotes
Oakville
DanRFD wrote: Hi, I just spent an hour on the phone with Costco and I'm very displeased with the level of customer service offered. I have tried to purchase two 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership – Digital download Item #1060292 as well as one Xbox Live Gold 6 Month Membership - Digital Download Item #1145546 with my Visa. For the first time I tried buying it (Order Number Blanked Out For Obvious Reasons) I used my Mom's Costco card with my Visa to purchase it. It was cancelled. Today, on my day off, I spoke to a nice gentleman on the phone who today (the first time I called in) who said to change the shipping information to match my Mom's shipping information as it her Costco card. I went ahead and did that because it seemed logical, only to have my order cancelled again. I called in again, and spoke to another nice gentleman (Cody) who said because my name isn't on the Costco card the order won't go through despite what I was previously told. Okay fair enough, I remove the Costco membership from the order (making a third order online) only to have it cancelled again a few minutes later. I spoke to a female representative on the phone (didn't catch her name) who said my order was cancelled because they were unable to verify me. I don't, and didn't understand what that means so I asked to speak to a manager. She put me on hold more than 3 times, for more than 30 minutes, saying each time that she would get her supervisor. The last time she took me off hold she said "I will get my supervisor to talk to you," then paused for around a minute and said "goodbye". I don't understand why I'm unable to be verified, for a non-member item, why I couldn't speak to a supervisor, why I was on hold for a long time only to get told "goodbye", and finally why I can't make the purchase online for a digital item. I even called my bank to verify the problem wasn't on their end. All in all, it was a very poor shopping experience (if you can even call it that, I still need to purchase Xbox Live Gold).
12 month Xbox live gold codes are usually member-only purchases, I bet that's why it was cancelled the third time. And CostCo online generally doesn't work well for orders when you're using a credit card with a different name from the account holder.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Member
Mar 14, 2017
280 posts
555 upvotes
Toronto
Hi everyone,

I just saw this promo going on, figured it wasn't worth a standalone thread but most here would be interested.


https://levelupcontest.ca

7 days of gamepass with purchase of select candy (caramilk, Maynards etc). I haven't actually purchased or redeemed yet, but hopefully it stacks with our subscriptions! Plus a chance to win an Xbox one x with 1 year of gamepass.

Good luck!
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 18, 2006
928 posts
379 upvotes
this is a huge thread - to be clear, if you already have GPU, none of this applies to you, you can't end it early, just have to wait till it expires and hope the trick still works then, right?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3685 posts
1029 upvotes
QC
corwal wrote: Hi everyone,

I just saw this promo going on, figured it wasn't worth a standalone thread but most here would be interested.


https://levelupcontest.ca

7 days of gamepass with purchase of select candy (caramilk, Maynards etc). I haven't actually purchased or redeemed yet, but hopefully it stacks with our subscriptions! Plus a chance to win an Xbox one x with 1 year of gamepass.

Good luck!
It does stack. Takes about a day to receive code. Single Cadbury chocolate bar cost about 1$. That's probably the cheapest. You can have a total of 3.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
17086 posts
6912 upvotes
Oakville
Deusfaux wrote: this is a huge thread - to be clear, if you already have GPU, none of this applies to you, you can't end it early, just have to wait till it expires and hope the trick still works then, right?
Correct. As far as anyone can tell, the "trick" is just how Microsoft handles upgrades for existing subscriptions. It's how they do it with Office365, for example.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Sr. Member
Oct 13, 2011
959 posts
281 upvotes
Brandon
AceMagnet wrote: Thanks bought it to extend my current subscription.
When will I receive my code?
I think got mine around 24 hours after my purchase...
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
17350 posts
4851 upvotes
Good deal to top your off if you didn't already get it for a year or two. Didn't realize Outer Worlds is out with Game Pass. Way cheaper than blowing $80 on it...

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

f0rd