Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Upgrade XBox Live Gold to Gamepass Ultimate at 1:1

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2023 3:13 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
boldventure wrote: Thanks. I have 26 months plus the $1 pc game pass = 27 months and went ahead and paid $16.99 and it converted to ultimate for the same 27 months, expires on 2/6/2023
And don't forget - that $16.99 for Ultimate also gave you an actual month of Ultimate, so you got 28 months total.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
4203 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wearysky wrote: And don't forget - that $16.99 for Ultimate also gave you an actual month of Ultimate, so you got 28 months total.
You are correct, the 27 months expires on 1/6/2023, Ultimate gave another 1 month hence 2/6/2023 expiry.
Thanks again.
Feb 8, 2010
146 posts
112 upvotes
My 1 year of gamepass expired last month and it autorenewed me @ $16.99 until October 26 but it wont let me cancel and says it will cancel itself on October 26th. I ended up picking up 2 golds from costco. I guess I have no choice but to wait until then and hope MS doesnt cancel this promotion
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
nithanyo wrote: My 1 year of gamepass expired last month and it autorenewed me @ $16.99 until October 26 but it wont let me cancel and says it will cancel itself on October 26th. I ended up picking up 2 golds from costco. I guess I have no choice but to wait until then and hope MS doesnt cancel this promotion
You can't cancel it yourself, but if you really want it to cancel before October 26 some people have had success getting Microsoft to cancel it for them via chat on the Microsoft Store website.

Though you should be fine till October 26th realistically - if Microsoft plans on dumping Live, it's unlikely to happen before the next gen launches on Nov 10.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3171 posts
2298 upvotes
Barrie
So where is the cheapest place to buy the Xbox Live Gold 12 Month Membership right now?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
RunnerForDeals wrote: So where is the cheapest place to buy the Xbox Live Gold 12 Month Membership right now?
I think ebay/cdkeys Brazil VPN codes are technically a couple bucks cheaper, but they're also a pain in the ass. Costco is $59.99 and that's the cheapest legit method.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: The only issues I've seen people have with CDKeys trying to get Brazilian keys is checking out as a guest via paypal, I think. If you're logged into your account and checking out with CC, you *should* be fine.
I did it as you suggested...via PayPal...logged in...and also via a Brazilian IP...so everything was verified and good.

Just got my second order attempt getting Cancelled/Failed...without any reason whatsoever given.

CDKEYS should be out of business...why are people using this crappy service? Worst customer service and purchase experience (attempt) EVER!

I sent them an email and ripped through them just now. I am really pissed off at them after being patient the first time around.

Their Customer Phone Number line is also always giving a busy signal. These guys are TRASH!
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: I think ebay/cdkeys Brazil VPN codes are technically a couple bucks cheaper, but they're also a pain in the ass. Costco is $59.99 and that's the cheapest legit method.
Problem is that I don't have a Costco membership.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
CDKeys.com are scammers...look at all the bad reviews they have recently.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.cd ... Horizontal

Do NOT use their services. They send generic responses...and their phone never works. Some people are saying that key codes they received were used already...and CDKeys does not offer them a reply or refund.

Stay away folks.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
4249 posts
1672 upvotes
Belle River
Scorpionsy wrote: CDKeys.com are scammers...look at all the bad reviews they have recently.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.cd ... Horizontal

Do NOT use their services. They send generic responses...and their phone never works. Some people are saying that key codes they received were used already...and CDKeys does not offer them a reply or refund.

Stay away folks.
Are you sure? CDKeys has been given thumbs up by RFD'ers many many times over years, at least until the recent cancellations thing started but even then everyone got their money back.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
hystavito wrote: Are you sure? CDKeys has been given thumbs up by RFD'ers many many times over years, at least until the recent cancellations thing started but even then everyone got their money back.
According the the link I provided and the feedback...that's not the case anymore.

One person said they were with them since 2014...and they are not the same now..and he is having similiar issues like I have reported...and several others are saying similar things.

I gave them THREE shots...tried all methods..and they failed miserably each time with my orders..and said order failed (after review) when my orders went through initially. These guys suck.

I am not giving the any more business...or wasting my time on them.

Better to look for eBay offers instead...I already got one 12 month Brazil VPN code from eBay. But I could not buy 2 at a time. I will wait to get the first code I purchased before I try to buy another 12 Months.

What is weird is that the 6 months Brazil VPN offers are none existent...the only one I saw was from the same seller as the Brazil VPN 12 month code....where he is selling it for 6 months but says it is REGION FREE. So can I stack the 6 month Region Free code with the 2 x 12 month Brazil VPN codes and not have a problem? (Especially if i am still connected to the Brazil VPN while I apply the 6 month REGION FREE code?)

Can anyone verify if it is safe to buy the 6 Month REGION FREE code and apply it after I apply the other 2 12 Month Brazil VPN codes? (again I will still apply the Region Free code while still on the Brazil VPN I am connected to at the time).
Jun 5, 2006
299 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
BravoCharlie wrote: Get a hold of Microsoft chat and the agent can cancel it for you.
What have people been saying to microsoft chat to get the agent to cancel for them? I'm on gamepass ultimate until 12/24/2020 and i spoke to two different agents asking them to cancel the subscription and both were not willing to do so. One saying they were not able to do it anymore and one just saying no.
Jun 5, 2006
299 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
BravoCharlie wrote: That’s strange.

I guess make sure it’s an actual microsoft agent or phone in if you can, and not an Xbox “community helper”. I just asked my agent to cancel, he asked why I’m cancelling I told him I want to resubscribe for 3 years before my new Xbox arrived and he had it cancelled within a few minutes.
you know what that was the issue. it was a "xbox gamer" not a microsoft agent. how do i avoid getting routed to these "xbox gamer" agents
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
flipman wrote: you know what that was the issue. it was a "xbox gamer" not a microsoft agent. how do i avoid getting routed to these "xbox gamer" agents
What I've seen other people say was that they just asked that "xbox gamer" to connect them with somebody that had actual access to their account.
Jun 5, 2006
299 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
was put through to an actual person from microsoft that similarly was able to help me within a few minutes. Just let me know that i had a few remaining months on the sub gave a similar reason to BravoCharlie, i gave the go ahead and it was done.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
2008 posts
2044 upvotes
VANCOUVER
A few days into using xcloud, I think the best feature is how much money this has saved me! There's so many games I wanted to buy on steam but finally got to try on Game Pass. Realized I didn't like 90% of them after trying them out for an hour or two but found a few gems that I'll probably support the developers by purchasing the DLC.

Again, this is all played through the Nvidia Shield with the Shield controller. I don't have a gaming PC or any console whatsoever. GeForce Now is a complete bust as it doesn't even support 90% of the steam games I tried on Game Pass. And I couldn't even get 95% of the games in my library to run even when it's supported.

And don't even get me started on the, it just works, factor. Forza and every other fast paced game is stunning and has zero perceptible lag or latency. After my 3 years is up, I'm sold and would be willing to pay $15/mth for the sheer amount of quality games. That's tantamount to essentially purchasing 3 console games a year!
Dec 22, 2012
902 posts
1266 upvotes
Mississauga
to confirm because i'm slightly confused...

my ultimate expires oct 22nd. if on the 23rd i followed this and applied the 12 month codes of gold from costco, it would be 1:1 to ultimate as it was prior to the conversion date?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
xhalo21 wrote: to confirm because i'm slightly confused...

my ultimate expires oct 22nd. if on the 23rd i followed this and applied the 12 month codes of gold from costco, it would be 1:1 to ultimate as it was prior to the conversion date?
This is in the FAQ on the first page, but yes - as long as you're not currently an active Ultimate subscriber, you can do this trick again. You'll just have to pay $16.99 for the final Ultimate upgrade instead of $1.
Nov 26, 2015
59 posts
8 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Still working as of October 8, 10:15 PM EST. Thanks for the awesome deal and thread write up, easy to follow.

The 6 month code also gave me a free month by turning on recurring billing again (I had manually turned it off each time after adding the 12 mo, 12 mo, then the 6 mo). Some people mentioned it wasn't working for them.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1165 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rebellod wrote: Still working as of October 8, 10:15 PM EST. Thanks for the awesome deal and thread write up, easy to follow.

The 6 month code also gave me a free month by turning on recurring billing again (I had manually turned it off each time after adding the 12 mo, 12 mo, then the 6 mo). Some people mentioned it wasn't working for them.
You only need to turn off recurring billing after you add Ultimate. You don’t have to with the earlier redemptions.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)