• May 26th, 2020 7:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2740 posts
2692 upvotes
Oakville, ON
It’s only a month now for a $1 or three months for a $1 ?
Mar 2, 2014
511 posts
230 upvotes
RyanS219 wrote: I tried to purchase 24 months worth of Gold from costco but they cancelled the order 15 minutes later.
24 months is not available on Costco Canada but Is available in US as far as I know. Can you check if you placed order on Costco.ca?

Also for me only MasterCard worked for online code purchase
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1916 posts
353 upvotes
St. Johns
I purchased 2 x 12 months and yes it was costco.ca - I ended up buying them instore because they kept canceling orders.
Mar 20, 2016
75 posts
29 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
For all those with the Costco issues, when I finally reached a CS rep they mentioned that there is a limit on these cards. So if it cancels right away, don't do like I first did and keep ordering.

Call customer service with your order number and they will straighten it out.

Good luck all and thanks again OP, dad of the year award according to my kids with 3 years if Ultimate!
Last edited by monkey0013 on Mar 28th, 2020 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2008
1440 posts
158 upvotes
I don’t know why I find this process so daunting. Every time I read this thread I get turned off by all the conflicting messages lol.

Can someone dumb it down for me pretty please?

I got no current live subscription it’s expired. With the quarantine now is the perfect time to get back online.

Do I need live first then get the $1 deal and get that which then somehow converts something ultimate!? Dunno I’m a newb here with this ultimate pass thing. Never used it before.
Dec 1, 2016
950 posts
893 upvotes
chandans wrote: I don’t know why I find this process so daunting. Every time I read this thread I get turned off by all the conflicting messages lol.

Can someone dumb it down for me pretty please?

I got no current live subscription it’s expired. With the quarantine now is the perfect time to get back online.

Do I need live first then get the $1 deal and get that which then somehow converts something ultimate!? Dunno I’m a newb here with this ultimate pass thing. Never used it before.
Did you read the first 2 posts in this thread?
Dec 1, 2016
950 posts
893 upvotes
Can i sign up for the first month for $1 and buy another one for $1 as a gift and use later on same account?
Jun 22, 2016
72 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
This is lovely, thank you. I bought an Xbox One S around January and rather enjoyed the free trials of Game Pass Ultimate and Xbox Gold. When it expired, I didn't even turn on the unit for a month. I now have it until Mar 1, 2023..
Oct 21, 2013
207 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
One of the best deals I’ve ever secured on RFD. Thank you OP. Could not have been easier with the Thread Summary.

I was able to max our at 36 months (because I used my $1 free already) by foregoing the PC deal and adding 3 months @ 16.99 (offer on my dashboard) to trigger the LIVE to XBL Ultimate conversation as an amended last step.

Worked out to $4.83/month. So ready for Day 1 Halo Infinite!
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2008
1440 posts
158 upvotes
Bubblegum86 wrote: Did you read the first 2 posts in this thread?
Do you have to max our at the full 36 months? Or can you just do 12. With the new Xbox coming. We sure this is gonna migrate through?
Sep 4, 2015
150 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
So just to confirm, if one had taken advantage of the $1 Conversion to Ultimate before, all that's written in the summary will still work however the calculation will be slightly off cause then they will no longer get the $1 offer but the 3 months for 16,99$ or whatever it was, correct?
Banned
Mar 24, 2020
99 posts
72 upvotes
CONFIRMED STILL WORKING.

I followed instructions exactly as per first post, and it worked.
I SKIPPED the "PC PASS".
The Ultimate version includes PC within.

NOTE: to COSTCO MEMBERS

Trying to purchase 3 xbox live memberships did not work. I had to call in. It took me 30 minutes on the phone to resolve and they finally fixed it and I got all 3 emailed to me.... If you are going to the store, just buy them in store.

ALSO GREAT DEAL. THANK YOU OP!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17077 posts
6908 upvotes
Oakville
chandans wrote: Do you have to max our at the full 36 months? Or can you just do 12. With the new Xbox coming. We sure this is gonna migrate through?
You don't HAVE to max it out. But just because a new XBox is coming out doesn't mean they're going to immediately scrap everything to do with the Xbox One. It is still going to be a viable platform for many years to come.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2160 posts
1067 upvotes
I bought this a month or so ago thinking that everything will just migrate over to Series X games, as its the Xbox platform, and not tied to any one system. If they did another tier above this, it would only add to the confusion they are currently in. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate denotes its at the top, dont think there will be anything above it. Looking forward to next gen console games pushing everything forward. Early benchmarks are showing 3700X/2080 performance already, gonna need to upgrade my computer to keep up!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)