• May 26th, 2020 7:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17077 posts
6908 upvotes
Oakville
JAC wrote: How long after my existing subscription expires can I start playing the stacking game?
As soon as it expires.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15448 posts
2112 upvotes
Oshawa
wearysky wrote: As soon as it expires.
Huh. It won't even let me renew at $1 right now.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Dec 9, 2001
379 posts
165 upvotes
Vancouver
JAC wrote: Huh. It won't even let me renew at $1 right now.
After it expires you can stack again, but the $1 is a one time deal. You gotta pay full price for one month to stack.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17077 posts
6908 upvotes
Oakville
JAC wrote: Huh. It won't even let me renew at $1 right now.
ShocWave wrote: After it expires you can stack again, but the $1 is a one time deal. You gotta pay full price for one month to stack.
Not necessarily a one time deal, but yeah, it'll take a good couple months before that offer shows up again. But if you're stacking for 3 years, it's a difference of like 42 cents a month :)
Sep 21, 2018
8 posts
6 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Not necessarily a one time deal, but yeah, it'll take a good couple months before that offer shows up again. But if you're stacking for 3 years, it's a difference of like 42 cents a month :)
do you know around how long it'd be till it's available again for recent expiries?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17077 posts
6908 upvotes
Oakville
Rapinho wrote: do you know around how long it'd be till it's available again for recent expiries?
No, there's no fixed time. No guarantee that it will *ever* show up again, really. It probably will at some point, but there's no way to say if it'll be 2 months or 10.
Sep 21, 2018
8 posts
6 upvotes
Rapinho wrote: do you know around how long it'd be till it's available again for recent expiries?
update: my game pass ultimate expired yesterday. I bought 12 months of XBL and it wouldnt let me upgrade at $1. I just tried again this morning and it's now letting me upgrade for $1.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5239 posts
926 upvotes
calgary
Im confused, I thought this deal was long dead.

My Gold/ultimate just expired, if I buy 3 years of gold I can pay 1$ again and convert that to ultimate again or am I just confusing this with the original deal?

Or is it still for new customers...?

If I purchase ultimate and find a cheap code for xbox live gold later can I use that to add to the lenght of my ultimate subscription?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17077 posts
6908 upvotes
Oakville
SpicYMchaggis wrote: Im confused, I thought this deal was long dead.

My Gold/ultimate just expired, if I buy 3 years of gold I can pay 1$ again and convert that to ultimate again or am I just confusing this with the original deal?

Or is it still for new customers...?

If I purchase ultimate and find a cheap code for xbox live gold later can I use that to add to the lenght of my ultimate subscription?
The $1 might not be available to you - that's not always available for people (but as I said above - if you're stacking 3 years, it only works out to a difference of 42 cents a month). But yes, you can still buy 3 years of gold (or 35 months, or 34 months and a month of regular game pass, or however you can best work the math out) and pay for a single month of ultimate, and it'll upgrade the whole shebang.

Once you've upgrade to ultimate, however, as long as your ultimate subscription is active, regular xbox live gold codes get converted at a lesser rate (the ratio for specific passes has been posted many times in the thread, it's on the ultimate FAQ page, but if memory serves it's like 4 months of ultimate for a 1 year gold code). Better to just hold onto the code and wait for your ultimate subscription to expire again, then stack + upgrade again.
Nov 20, 2007
3 posts
Ottawa, ON
How can this be applied to my child's account (the one with Xbox Live)? When I attempt to upgrade, it simply states that a parent needs to do this.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1200 posts
377 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Converting your existing Gold subscription at 1:1 works for Quebec. But the $1 promo price does not (QC doesn't allow subscriptions that start cheap and then increase in price after)
I had to create a new account as there was some bug that would not let me do anything with my old inactive acount. But I put I was in Quebec and it let me do the conversion for $1. This was about a month ago
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17077 posts
6908 upvotes
Oakville
maxmotor wrote: Can I buy a 12 month gold pass and then buy $1 ultimate pass so that I would have 12 + 1 months ultimate pass? Is there a limit that I need to have >30 months pass to be qualified for the ultimate conversion.
You can convert as much as you want. If you only have 2 months in your current xbox live gold sub, you can upgrade for $1 and then you'll have 3 months. The only reason people are saying to do more is that it's better value - I know I'm still gonna be playing xbox 3 years down the road, and almost always have 3 years of gold stacked, so it's a no brainer for me to do the full 3 year upgrade. If you think you might not want gold (or ultimate game pass) a year down the road, then no point in stacking the full 3 years.
Dec 24, 2009
990 posts
416 upvotes
Quebec City
@wearysky Mind help me a bit? I don't want to purchase a full 3 years stack of Ultimate, I just want Gamepass on the PC for a reasonible amount; right now it seems to be at 6$ a month, it's a price I'm ok to pay for. Do you know if I have to stack months for 6$ or it will stay at 6$ even out of beta since I'm a beta subscriber? Thanks!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17077 posts
6908 upvotes
Oakville
MercadorHG wrote: @wearysky Mind help me a bit? I don't want to purchase a full 3 years stack of Ultimate, I just want Gamepass on the PC for a reasonible amount; right now it seems to be at 6$ a month, it's a price I'm ok to pay for. Do you know if I have to stack months for 6$ or it will stay at 6$ even out of beta since I'm a beta subscriber? Thanks!
If you're paying month to month, there's no guarantee on the price AFAIK. The only way to lock in a price is to prepay. If you get even a single year of live gold for $60 from Costco, and then upgrade to ultimate for $1, that's 13 months of ultaimte for $61, or $4.69 a month. Even if you don't use the live gold or xbox game pass, you've still got PC game pass for a guaranteed price of $4.69 a month for 13 months, which you definitely don't have guaranteed for the PC game pass when it comes out of beta.