Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Microsoft Store] Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Get 3-months for $1

  • Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2020 9:21 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
17091 posts
6914 upvotes
Oakville
tweak_s wrote: Thanks! I was just browsing the thread though and was concerned about the 36 month limit. I imagine that I will NOT be able to add a "3rd" "12 month" because it'll put me over 36 months (I have a few months currently left) .

Was just trying to clear that up that if I wasn't starting from scratch... can't use 3 x 12 months at the same time.
Yup, if you've got a couple months left, 2 12-months plus extra free month will give you 26 months, plus whatever you've got left, then you can use the extra bonus methods mentioned in the post I quoted, and then top up with 3 or whatever as appropriate. :)
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Jr. Member
Jun 15, 2010
120 posts
10 upvotes
Montr
Grimcurse wrote: Believe it or not but only Quebec...and Russia are not able to get this deal!!! Everyone else in the world can lol

I tried everything to make it work with no results so in the end I paid the 18$ to convert it too Ultimate. I still had 2 years of Gold so it was worth it for me but I'm still pissed because everyone else paid 1$.
Hey man, when you paid 18$, was it a one-time payment for the rest of your term? (2 years of Gold) or you have to pay 18$ every single month now? I only had a year gold (will buy more) but need to know how it worked for you.

Thank you!
Newbie
Feb 12, 2017
20 posts
30 upvotes
Guys okay so I got my 3 12 month codes. I plan on using all three of them BUT, my current membership ends in August of THIS year. I’m thinking if I use all three before I do the game pass ultimate upgrade then the whole 36 month thing shouldn't be a problem right? Like if I do it before game pass should just clock out at the 36 months I’m already fully getting before I do the upgrade to ultimate right?
Newbie
Dec 12, 2018
46 posts
81 upvotes
Followed all the tips here and it worked perfectly, have the ultimate until June 22.

Thank you so much for the tips!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
17091 posts
6914 upvotes
Oakville
SunnyA531 wrote: Guys okay so I got my 3 12 month codes. I plan on using all three of them BUT, my current membership ends in August of THIS year. I’m thinking if I use all three before I do the game pass ultimate upgrade then the whole 36 month thing shouldn't be a problem right? Like if I do it before game pass should just clock out at the 36 months I’m already fully getting before I do the upgrade to ultimate right?
You won't be able to use all three. The third one will try to extend you to August 2022, which is 38 months in the future.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Jr. Member
Dec 6, 2009
147 posts
69 upvotes
Montreal
Finally got my costco online codes after about 18 hours lol.

Redeemed 2 years worth of Live Gold, with 2 free extra months for agreeing to have automatic recurring billing.

Sadly, I did not get the $1 deal to convert to GPU, had to pay $16.99 but it’s still worth it as I get 2.5 years of live gold AND GPU. I believe I didnt’ get the $1 deal beacuse I still have 1 month left to the Game Pass Deal that I got for $1 back in April. The part that got me puzzled was why I didnt’ get the $1 for the PC Game pass sign up, they wanted $5.99 for that.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 23, 2018
124 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
number8888 wrote: Ordered Costco Live code 24 hours ago and still nothing. Status is still "order received".

Think sometimes they take like two days to fulfill, so probably will wait until end of the day before escalating.
Mine finally came in today after I placed an order at 1pm yesterday.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1242 posts
251 upvotes
tonyelbatal wrote: Hey man, when you paid 18$, was it a one-time payment for the rest of your term? (2 years of Gold) or you have to pay 18$ every single month now? I only had a year gold (will buy more) but need to know how it worked for you.

Thank you!
It's a one-time payment until 2021. So you get whatever you have left of Gold + 1 month (the 18$ gives you a month). My next recurring charge of 16.99$ is in May 2021 (I will cancel it by then anyway).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 12, 2005
1369 posts
53 upvotes
Grimcurse wrote: It's a one-time payment until 2021. So you get whatever you have left of Gold + 1 month (the 18$ gives you a month). My next recurring charge of 16.99$ is in May 2021 (I will cancel it by then anyway).
Why not cancel recurring payment now? That way you don’t have to remember to cancel
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jun 27, 2012
785 posts
1294 upvotes
moomoosaurus wrote: Finally got my costco online codes after about 18 hours lol.

Redeemed 2 years worth of Live Gold, with 2 free extra months for agreeing to have automatic recurring billing.

Sadly, I did not get the $1 deal to convert to GPU, had to pay $16.99 but it’s still worth it as I get 2.5 years of live gold AND GPU. I believe I didnt’ get the $1 deal beacuse I still have 1 month left to the Game Pass Deal that I got for $1 back in April. The part that got me puzzled was why I didnt’ get the $1 for the PC Game pass sign up, they wanted $5.99 for that.
I was on the 3 month Gamepass for $1 too but it worked fine for me. Not sure why it wouldn't work.
2010-2020 Contest Winnings = $0
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 2, 2010
2433 posts
1546 upvotes
montreal
moomoosaurus wrote: Sadly, I did not get the $1 deal to convert to GPU, had to pay $16.99 but it’s still worth it as I get 2.5 years of live gold AND GPU.
I believe I didnt’ get the $1 deal beacuse I still have 1 month left to the Game Pass Deal that I got for $1 back in April.
I haven't seen anyone from QC getting this for 1$.
And a LOT of people from ON seem to also being unable to get that 1$ bill.

Anyone from QC or ON got it for 1$?
if so, you are from QC or ON?
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 21, 2009
767 posts
91 upvotes
Ottawa
superbigjay wrote: I haven't seen anyone from QC getting this for 1$.
And a LOT of people from ON seem to also being unable to get that 1$ bill.

Anyone from QC or ON got it for 1$?
if so, you are from QC or ON?
Created my Gamertag in QC several years ago, moved to the ON side 3 weeks ago and redeemed the $1 promo no problem.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1242 posts
251 upvotes
Akaz1976 wrote: Why not cancel recurring payment now? That way you don’t have to remember to cancel
I couldn't find a way to cancel from the actual Xbox console. You have to go online and look for it on some menu. I guess that's how they get you lol
Member
User avatar
Jul 10, 2007
270 posts
39 upvotes
Halifax
Does anyone know if you can buy a 1 year xbox live card in-store at Costco (a physical card) for the $60?

My online orders always get cancelled, and I'd rather not use credit anyways.

Top