Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Microsoft Store] Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Get 3-months for $1

  • Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2020 9:21 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2012
2879 posts
1838 upvotes
Montreal
Zyphur wrote: Looks like the deal is dead.
Deal was never alive in Qc.

virtuman1980 wrote: Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote: ... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
Jr. Member
Feb 5, 2013
158 posts
68 upvotes
waven101 wrote: ill be sleeping on the couch for a while. but thats ok its where the xbox will be.
I feel your pain my friend. Been there, done that Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Sr. Member
Jun 10, 2011
541 posts
468 upvotes
Killadelphia wrote: Which part of the deal is dead? Can anyone else verify?
None of it is dead. Entered 2x 12 Month card and got
26 months and upgraded to game pass ultimate for 16.99$. Contacted Microsoft via chat And got my 15$ credit. I am in Québec btw.
That was done at around 11:30pm on June 13 eastern time
Newbie
May 7, 2011
27 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks. I'm waiting for my xbox live code from Costco. I guess they have people fulfill the orders because it's been a couple of hours already, and I'll have to wait til morning.
Sr. Member
Apr 8, 2005
905 posts
616 upvotes
JulienB597333 wrote: Just bought an Xbox One, was trying to buy a code from Costco but got canceled 2 times /:. I may try with a different card later.
Otherwise, if someone have a 6 or 12 month to sell, send me a message this morning..
I may have no choice to get it at 69 .
I live in QC but my account have no adress yet, i may set a different region for the renew /1$ promo..
Thanks RFD
JulienB597333 wrote: Thanks for advice ! The adress might be the problem. I may find a solution while tweaking the website, i had different promo and price depending if it was a gift or with account logged off.
Even if i get 1 year, i wont be able to get that 1$ GPU ?
I was having trouble with auto-cancellation on a Costco digital purchase a few months ago. Tried two different cards with no luck. BUT, checking out using the 'Masterpass' option worked instantly, so if you're having trouble, try that before driving to the store.
Jr. Member
Dec 6, 2009
147 posts
69 upvotes
Montreal
MS gave u back $15? What reason did u give to get that refund? I also had to pay $16.99 to get the deal.

sobig wrote: None of it is dead. Entered 2x 12 Month card and got
26 months and upgraded to game pass ultimate for 16.99$. Contacted Microsoft via chat And got my 15$ credit. I am in Québec btw.
That was done at around 11:30pm on June 13 eastern time
Jr. Member
Mar 16, 2009
156 posts
83 upvotes
Halifax
moomoosaurus wrote: MS gave u back $15? What reason did u give to get that refund? I also had to pay $16.99 to get the deal.
Because it's supposed to be $1. I was able to upgrade for $1 directly from Microsoft.. For some reason it is showing up as $16.99 for some people, which seems to be a glitch on Microsoft's end.
Sr. Member
Jun 10, 2011
541 posts
468 upvotes
moomoosaurus wrote: MS gave u back $15? What reason did u give to get that refund? I also had to pay $16.99 to get the deal.
I simply told them that I was charged 16.99$ when the pre login screen said it was 1$ for the first month.
2 years on Xbox live game me game pass ultimate free until October 2021
Sr. Member
Apr 16, 2011
564 posts
111 upvotes
So wait, this is just for the Xbox pass right? Not the PC one?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 2, 2010
2433 posts
1546 upvotes
montreal
sobig wrote: Contacted Microsoft via chat And got my 15$ credit.
I am in Québec btw.
That was done at around 11:30pm on June 13 eastern time
moomoosaurus wrote: MS gave u back $15? What reason did u give to get that refund? I also had to pay $16.99 to get the deal.
GhaladReam wrote: Because it's supposed to be $1. I was able to upgrade for $1 directly from Microsoft.. For some reason it is showing up as $16.99 for some people, which seems to be a glitch on Microsoft's end.
sobig was lucky to get 15$ back.
Because the terms (fine prints) say that QUEBEC and RUSSIA are excluded from this deal.
I also tried a few day ago on chat to get it for 1$ (I am in QC) and the rep told me the reason I wasn't able to get it for 1$ is because the offer isn't valid for quence (and Russia) and that my address in my account (billing address) is currently set to Quebec.

So this solution of getting a refund of 15$ might be highly YMMV for Quebec.
For other province it should be simply a matter of asking for it (moomoosaurus in Ontario and GhaladReam in Nova-Scotia).
Jr. Member
Mar 16, 2009
156 posts
83 upvotes
Halifax
superbigjay wrote: sobig was lucky to get 15$ back.
Because the terms (fine prints) say that QUEBEC and RUSSIA are excluded from this deal.
I also tried a few day ago on chat to get it for 1$ (I am in QC) and the rep told me the reason I wasn't able to get it for 1$ is because the offer isn't valid for quence (and Russia) and that my address in my account (billing address) is currently set to Quebec.

So this solution of getting a refund of 15$ might be highly YMMV for Quebec.
For other province it should be simply a matter of asking for it (moomoosaurus in Ontario and GhaladReam in Nova-Scotia).
Couldn't you just use a VPN still based in Canada, but not Quebec? Or maybe if your address is set to somewhere in Quebec it shows the $16.99 price - who knows... Seems to me like it shouldn't be too hard for a Quebecer to get around paying $16.99..
Newbie
Aug 24, 2008
60 posts
24 upvotes
Staples has Seagate Backup Plus Slim STDR2000102 2TB drives on for $79 this week - can just load them up with gamepass library
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
17095 posts
6915 upvotes
Oakville
escalade wrote: anybody get metro exodus to launch after its been downloaded?
Seemed to launch fine for me.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 2, 2010
2433 posts
1546 upvotes
montreal
GhaladReam wrote: Couldn't you just use a VPN still based in Canada, but not Quebec? Or maybe if your address is set to somewhere in Quebec it shows the $16.99 price - who knows... Seems to me like it shouldn't be too hard for a Quebecer to get around paying $16.99..
Nope. VPN isn't working.
I have tried it without any success.
They rely on the address in your account. Not the one on your profile, but the one used for payment (based on what the agent told me).

What I tried was:
- VPN : no luck.
- Change my profile address : no luck.

The other thing I wanted to try was to remove my credit card (which has the QUEBEC billing address) and change it for a prepaid one and use a dummy billing address. But unfortunately, I didn't had any with me and I decided to simple bite the 17$+tx and get back to other stuff ...

Top