Hot Deals

[Microsoft Store] Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Get 3-months for $1

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2020 12:59 am
Tags:
None
Jr. Member
Dec 6, 2009
132 posts
64 upvotes
Montreal
Perhaps I should chat with MS to get my $16.99 back then. When i first read about this deal and looked it up, I was in Quebec. When I returned to Toronto, I signed up but maybe the cookies on my browser still showed me in Quebec. Damn, why is QC excluded from most deals lol. Thanks so much for the info guys and gals.
superbigjay wrote: sobig was lucky to get 15$ back.
Because the terms (fine prints) say that QUEBEC and RUSSIA are excluded from this deal.
I also tried a few day ago on chat to get it for 1$ (I am in QC) and the rep told me the reason I wasn't able to get it for 1$ is because the offer isn't valid for quence (and Russia) and that my address in my account (billing address) is currently set to Quebec.

So this solution of getting a refund of 15$ might be highly YMMV for Quebec.
For other province it should be simply a matter of asking for it (moomoosaurus in Ontario and GhaladReam in Nova-Scotia).
Member
Jun 2, 2011
285 posts
253 upvotes
jronald wrote: So wait, this is just for the Xbox pass right? Not the PC one?
If you read only the top part of the GamePass Ultimate link in OP post, you would have your answer. Ultimate = both.
Newbie
Dec 18, 2018
27 posts
38 upvotes
Ontario
moomoosaurus wrote: Perhaps I should chat with MS to get my $16.99 back then. When i first read about this deal and looked it up, I was in Quebec. When I returned to Toronto, I signed up but maybe the cookies on my browser still showed me in Quebec. Damn, why is QC excluded from most deals lol. Thanks so much for the info guys and gals.
Quebec is excluded from most deals due to their consumer laws, particularly Section 230 1. c) in the Quebec consumer protection act which prevents merchants from offering a free or reduced trial that goes up in price later.

Source: http://legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/ShowDoc/cs/P-40.1
Jr. Member
Dec 6, 2009
132 posts
64 upvotes
Montreal
well, i did an online chat with MS asking for a refund of $15.99 but was denied :( They said they can’t cancel the UGP, refund the money and re-do the UGP conversion. Oh well, worth asking, still an effing amazing deal regardless.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 15, 2003
986 posts
91 upvotes
Hamilton
y all worried about 15$??? come on you still got a deal no matter up i am good till 2022
Member
Jun 2, 2011
285 posts
253 upvotes
hamdude_1234 wrote: y all worried about 15$??? come on you still got a deal no matter up i am good till 2022
I agree. At like ~75% savings for this deal, if you max out the 3 yrs, trying to pinch $14 does not seem worth the time involved trying get around being a QCer.
If this deal was a one time upgrade of your Gold for $15, everywhere, everyone would still jump on it.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
16929 posts
6700 upvotes
Oakville
powderskull wrote: I agree. At like ~75% savings for this deal, if you max out the 3 yrs, trying to pinch $14 does not seem worth the time involved trying get around being a QCer.
If this deal was a one time upgrade of your Gold for $15, everywhere, everyone would still jump on it.
Yup, it's a time vs money thing - if somebody spends anything more than 15-20 mins trying to get around it, they're not valuing their time very highly.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 11, 2006
6572 posts
3519 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
jronald wrote: So wait, this is just for the Xbox pass right? Not the PC one?
powderskull wrote: If you read only the top part of the GamePass Ultimate link in OP post, you would have your answer. Ultimate = both.
It still isn't 100% clear, but I think that you do still have to pay the $1 and enroll in the PC Game Pass (Beta) first before doing the final conversion over to the Game Pass Ultimate in order to get all 3 benefits (XBox Live Gold + Ultimate XBox + Ultimate PC).

I didn't want to take a chance in missing out on the PC portion, so I simply paid the $1 for the beta in order to be sure.
After the conversion I've ended up with all three services good thru June 3rd 2022, and have cancelled recurring billing.

Pretty smokin' deal!!!!
Member
Jun 2, 2011
285 posts
253 upvotes
Woah! wrote: It still isn't 100% clear, but I think that you do still have to pay the $1 and enroll in the PC Game Pass (Beta) first before doing the final conversion over to the Game Pass Ultimate in order to get all 3 benefits (XBox Live Gold + Ultimate XBox + Ultimate PC).

I didn't want to take a chance in missing out on the PC portion, so I simply paid the $1 for the beta in order to be sure.
After the conversion I've ended up with all three services good thru June 3rd 2022, and have cancelled recurring billing.

Pretty smokin' deal!!!!
Just to answer, for the sake of anyone else wondering... I was not an Xbox owner or have any Gold subscription. Strictly jumped on this for PC for now.

All I did was buy 3 yr of gold, redeem online (do not check off free month for reoccurring billing, or it will screw you out of applying your 3rd year code), and then from my subscription page selected the "Upgrade to Ultimate for $1".
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 11, 2006
6572 posts
3519 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
powderskull wrote: Just to answer, for the sake of anyone else wondering... I was not an Xbox owner or have any Gold subscription. Strictly jumped on this for PC for now.

All I did was buy 3 yr of gold, redeem online (do not check off free month for reoccurring billing, or it will screw you out of applying your 3rd year code), and then from my subscription page selected the "Upgrade to Ultimate for $1".
The OP's directions say that you need to add the $1 PC Game Pass Beta in order for the final conversion also give the PC games library as opposed to just the XBox "Play Anywhere" functionality, but I may have misunderstood the reasoning.
Maybe step #3, adding the $1/month PC beta is unnecessary???
Either way, all it did was give me an extra month for $1, so no loss.
Perhaps that was the intention for step #3 to begin with...the extra month.
In hindsight, I think it was.

ORIGINAL INSTRUCTIONS:
"Gold time added AFTER conversion to Ultimate will be at a 3:1 rate. 12 months of Gold = 4 Months of Ultimate, so be sure to add BEFORE conversion.

Subscribe to PC Game Pass @ $1 for an extra month: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/xbox- ... 0KGQ8/0002

"Process for Costco members (Note: rhutvirani has pointed out an expired costco membership worked, so YMMV.)
This assumes you have no active memberships with Microsoft. If you do, reduce the amount you by accordingly as the maximum is 36 months.
1. From costco.ca buy: (don't forget to use the code AERO3 for Aeroplan Miles)
two 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership – Digital download Item #1060292 for $60 each
one 6 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership – Digital download Item #1145546 for $38
2. You will receive codes in your email. Got to https://microsoft.com/redeem and apply one code at a time. Each time it will give you the option of getting 1 bonus month in exchange for setting up auto-renewal - do it all 3 times. This auto renewal will vanish anyway in a few minutes as you migrate. You have now added 12 + 12 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 33 months of Xbox Live Gold to your account.
3. Now go to HERE to subscribe to PC Game Pass for $1 for the first month (additional months are $6/month but that doesn't matter - it'll get cancelled in a few minutes in the migration). You now have 33 months of Xbox Live Gold to your account and 1 month of PC Game Pass on your account.
4. Now go to HERE to subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1 for the first month and migrate everything else over to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. You'll now have 35 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
5. Now go to https://account.microsoft.com/services/ and turn off the recurring payments of $17/month just so you don't forget in 35 months time to do it. Note: you do not need to cancel the Xbox Live Gold and PC Game Pass; the migration process in step 3 has closed out those services already. The only recurring payment to stop is the one for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
6. You should see on that page the following:-
"Xbox Game Pass Ultimate"
"Expires on 5/xxx/2022" (IE May 2022 - 35 months from now)
"Turn on recurring billing" as a clickable link; which indicates it's not on"
Sr. Member
May 13, 2007
558 posts
131 upvotes
Mississauga
I did it last night. You don't need add the $1 PC Game Pass Beta in order for the final conversion.
Woah! wrote: The OP's directions say that you need to add the $1 PC Game Pass Beta in order for the final conversion also give the PC games library as opposed to just the XBox "Play Anywhere" functionality, but I may have misunderstood the reasoning.
Maybe step #3, adding the $1/month PC beta is unnecessary???
Either way, all it did was give me an extra month for $1, so no loss.
Perhaps that was the intention for step #3 to begin with...the extra month.
In hindsight, I think it was.

ORIGINAL INSTRUCTIONS:
"Gold time added AFTER conversion to Ultimate will be at a 3:1 rate. 12 months of Gold = 4 Months of Ultimate, so be sure to add BEFORE conversion.

Subscribe to PC Game Pass @ $1 for an extra month: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/xbox- ... 0KGQ8/0002

"Process for Costco members (Note: rhutvirani has pointed out an expired costco membership worked, so YMMV.)
This assumes you have no active memberships with Microsoft. If you do, reduce the amount you by accordingly as the maximum is 36 months.
1. From costco.ca buy: (don't forget to use the code AERO3 for Aeroplan Miles)
two 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership – Digital download Item #1060292 for $60 each
one 6 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership – Digital download Item #1145546 for $38
2. You will receive codes in your email. Got to https://microsoft.com/redeem and apply one code at a time. Each time it will give you the option of getting 1 bonus month in exchange for setting up auto-renewal - do it all 3 times. This auto renewal will vanish anyway in a few minutes as you migrate. You have now added 12 + 12 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 33 months of Xbox Live Gold to your account.
3. Now go to HERE to subscribe to PC Game Pass for $1 for the first month (additional months are $6/month but that doesn't matter - it'll get cancelled in a few minutes in the migration). You now have 33 months of Xbox Live Gold to your account and 1 month of PC Game Pass on your account.
4. Now go to HERE to subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1 for the first month and migrate everything else over to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. You'll now have 35 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
5. Now go to https://account.microsoft.com/services/ and turn off the recurring payments of $17/month just so you don't forget in 35 months time to do it. Note: you do not need to cancel the Xbox Live Gold and PC Game Pass; the migration process in step 3 has closed out those services already. The only recurring payment to stop is the one for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
6. You should see on that page the following:-
"Xbox Game Pass Ultimate"
"Expires on 5/xxx/2022" (IE May 2022 - 35 months from now)
"Turn on recurring billing" as a clickable link; which indicates it's not on"
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
16929 posts
6700 upvotes
Oakville
Woah! wrote: The OP's directions say that you need to add the $1 PC Game Pass Beta in order for the final conversion also give the PC games library as opposed to just the XBox "Play Anywhere" functionality, but I may have misunderstood the reasoning.
Maybe step #3, adding the $1/month PC beta is unnecessary???
Either way, all it did was give me an extra month for $1, so no loss.
Perhaps that was the intention for step #3 to begin with...the extra month.
In hindsight, I think it was.
Yes, that's the exact reason.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 11, 2006
6572 posts
3519 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
siwen66 wrote: I did it last night. You don't need add the $1 PC Game Pass Beta in order for the final conversion.
Yeah, I figured that would be the case after I did the conversion, since there is only one "Ultimate" package.
No biggie though, as an extra month for a $1 is a win anyways.
wearysky wrote: Yes, that's the exact reason.
I'm a bit slow. Winking Face
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2007
1842 posts
381 upvotes
This still working today? Any word when it's ending?

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)