• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2020 9:21 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 31, 2018
548 posts
1028 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bah, I screwed myself a little bit doing this. I bought 12+6 months to top off my Xbox Live which had 19.5 months on it. But I couldn't redeem the 6 months because the maximum Xbox Live you can have is 36 months. So I converted over what I had, but now have a 6-month Xbox live card that will only convert to 2 months of Game Pass.

Moral of the story: you cannot exceed 36 months of Xbox live. Plan your purchases accordingly so you aren't stuck with Xbox Live cards that are less valuable!
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
1344 posts
707 upvotes
AB
OneAndTrueHeir wrote: Bah, I screwed myself a little bit doing this. I bought 12+6 months to top off my Xbox Live which had 19.5 months on it. But I couldn't redeem the 6 months because the maximum Xbox Live you can have is 36 months. So I converted over what I had, but now have a 6-month Xbox live card that will only convert to 2 months of Game Pass.

Moral of the story: you cannot exceed 36 months of Xbox live. Plan your purchases accordingly so you aren't stuck with Xbox Live cards that are less valuable!
That, or just re-sell the codes to whoever needs them to get to the 36-month mark.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17095 posts
6915 upvotes
Oakville
OneAndTrueHeir wrote: Bah, I screwed myself a little bit doing this. I bought 12+6 months to top off my Xbox Live which had 19.5 months on it. But I couldn't redeem the 6 months because the maximum Xbox Live you can have is 36 months. So I converted over what I had, but now have a 6-month Xbox live card that will only convert to 2 months of Game Pass.

If you bought the 6 month code from CostCo, you can return it. Otherwise, yeah, you can sell it either.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Apr 2, 2015
111 posts
87 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
SamG852 wrote: Just the console, not the membership at toys r us.
I haven't been checking the thread often, didn't see that. Do you have a link?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1094 posts
807 upvotes
TORONTO
Question and apologies if it's been asked before in the thread:

Since I just got a decent gaming laptop, I'm considering this deal. I have a question regarding the ownership of the game (on PC) after the membership expires, can I still play those "included with game pass" games after the 3 years of sub? Thanks!
Jan 31, 2018
548 posts
1028 upvotes
Winnipeg
wearysky wrote: If you bought the 6 month code from CostCo, you can return it. Otherwise, yeah, you can sell it either.
I didn't think they would accept returns on a digital code. Lets give it a shot and see what happens......!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3251 posts
747 upvotes
hansdoreen wrote: Question and apologies if it's been asked before in the thread:

Since I just got a decent gaming laptop, I'm considering this deal. I have a question regarding the ownership of the game (on PC) after the membership expires, can I still play those "included with game pass" games after the 3 years of sub? Thanks!
No.. once your access to game pass expires you will no longer have access to included with game pass games....
Sep 12, 2004
360 posts
135 upvotes
Thanks OP. I did all this and I'm set until 2022! Also, I'd like to Thanks Steve Ballmer and all the developers.
May 21, 2019
88 posts
25 upvotes
London
Hey guys,

Currently on the promotion for 3 months of game pass for 1 dollar.

I have 3 months of Gold left.

Should I Buy 2 x 1 year Xbox Live cards, than signup for this promo for game pass? Any issues with this?

Thanks
May 3, 2016
519 posts
301 upvotes
mrwoogyboogy wrote: Hey guys,

Currently on the promotion for 3 months of game pass for 1 dollar.

I have 3 months of Gold left.

Should I Buy 2 x 1 year Xbox Live cards, than signup for this promo for game pass? Any issues with this?

Thanks
Buy enough to get to 36 months if you so desire - but add as much as you want to first (up to 36) and then jump on the offer.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1857 posts
394 upvotes
I keep asking when this deal ends but I truly don't think anyone knows. But it keeps enticing me to do it lol.
May 21, 2019
88 posts
25 upvotes
London
Raimond wrote: I keep asking when this deal ends but I truly don't think anyone knows. But it keeps enticing me to do it lol.
I clicked the link in the Original Post and on the Microsoft website it says

"CAD $16.99/month
Original price was CAD $16.99, current price is CAD $1.00
CAD $1.00
94% off • 14 days left"
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1857 posts
394 upvotes
mrwoogyboogy wrote: I clicked the link in the Original Post and on the Microsoft website it says

"CAD $16.99/month
Original price was CAD $16.99, current price is CAD $1.00
CAD $1.00
94% off • 14 days left"
So I guess this is the best evidence to show how much time we truly have left.