• May 18th, 2020 4:11 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17071 posts
6901 upvotes
Oakville
ShocWave wrote: It's just PC game pass, right? Doesn't include Xbox console or Xbox Live Gold?
Correct. But you could upgrade to Ultimate (which includes xbox and live gold) for a one time fee that will convert your entire existing balance.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Oct 18, 2010
75 posts
69 upvotes
BC
Still working as of Sept 18:
  • I bought 2 x 12 month Xbox Gold cards from Costco (in-store). Got the 2 bonus months for recurring billing.
  • Redeemed my Microsoft points for 3 x 3 Months of Gold (I stacked up a bunch of points by doing the daily searches etc)
  • Bought the $1 Gamepass Ultimate to add a month and convert it all
  • 12+1+12+1+3+3+3+1 = 36 months / 3 years (expires Sept 17, 2022)
=3 years of Ultimate for $129.50 ($3.60 / month)

That's less than the price of two physical games. THANK YOU Saukrates!
Last edited by Dubkiller on Sep 18th, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amex Simply Cash Preferred 💳
Sep 20, 2015
41 posts
44 upvotes
Nepean, ON
So i have a n00b question.
I already upgraded to game pass ultimate without extending my XBL gold.

My XBl gold expires Jan 2020.
Any way i can upgrade XBL gold for 1 or 2 more years and continue to get game pass ultimate for 1$

Or am i SOL

( i tried adding a 12 month xbl gold upgrade and it gave me a warning message that it would only translate to a 4 month ultimate pass
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1226 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto, ON
From what I understand, since I converted to ultimate already I cannot use the costco/live method to further my membership again. I have 5 accounts in the house which all subs are under me. So I can just create a new subscription for another account using the costco/live method, which will have the sub longer than my current one correct?Any downside of me doing this? I wouldn't lose anything because we are all on the same console right?
Aug 10, 2010
310 posts
141 upvotes
Calgary
Posting here - but this could be it's own post:

Get Microsoft reward points for playing games, if you're a Game Pass member - it's worth it to be doing the quests already to get some extra points (download the Game Pass app). This is the best quest yet though:

From Sept 19-28: Earned Achievement points = Microsoft Reward points - up to 10,000pts - Major Nelson linky

See this True Achievements post for some Game Pass completions for easy points. Some good games with easy achievements that are totally worth playing through.
Jun 9, 2009
725 posts
116 upvotes
Hamilton
Hobbess wrote: Posting here - but this could be it's own post:

Get Microsoft reward points for playing games, if you're a Game Pass member - it's worth it to be doing the quests already to get some extra points (download the Game Pass app). This is the best quest yet though:

From Sept 19-28: Earned Achievement points = Microsoft Reward points - up to 10,000pts - Major Nelson linky

See this True Achievements post for some Game Pass completions for easy points. Some good games with easy achievements that are totally worth playing through.
In mobile so cant see properly. Is there a list of the 'easiest' achievements?
Aug 10, 2010
310 posts
141 upvotes
Calgary
peji911 wrote: In mobile so cant see properly. Is there a list of the 'easiest' achievements?
This link on True Achievements has all Game Pass games - you can sort by completion time.

If you sign up for True Achievements with your Gamer ID you can look at "Easy Achievements" you've not yet earned for games you have played. Won't show all the Game Pass ones unless you play them.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17071 posts
6901 upvotes
Oakville
ottbram1 wrote: So i have a n00b question.
I already upgraded to game pass ultimate without extending my XBL gold.

My XBl gold expires Jan 2020.
Any way i can upgrade XBL gold for 1 or 2 more years and continue to get game pass ultimate for 1$

Or am i SOL

( i tried adding a 12 month xbl gold upgrade and it gave me a warning message that it would only translate to a 4 month ultimate pass
milhouse611 wrote: From what I understand, since I converted to ultimate already I cannot use the costco/live method to further my membership again. I have 5 accounts in the house which all subs are under me. So I can just create a new subscription for another account using the costco/live method, which will have the sub longer than my current one correct?Any downside of me doing this? I wouldn't lose anything because we are all on the same console right?
I'll just answer both of you together - yeah, once you upgrade, you can't extend with regular XBL codes. If you *just* upgraded, you may be able to get customer service to refund that upgrade purchase so you can extend it first. Others have had success with that in this thread (via live chat, I think?). Then extend and upgrade again. Otherwise, you COULD do a different account, which won't lose anything (other than the fact that you're overlapping subscriptions), but the alternative is to just let your current ultimate subscription expire, and then stock up on regular XBL Gold, and then upgrade again. There's no guarantee that this functionality will last forever, but it's how they currently handle Outlook365, and I can't see any other way they'll allow people to upgrade *without* losing all their existing XBL credit... And forcing people to convert existing credit at the 1/3 or 1/4 rate or whatever? Nobody will ever upgrade.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Nov 25, 2010
59 posts
12 upvotes
Thanks so much for this thread - when it first came around it didn't seem important but I later realized what I was missing. I just completed all the steps today and am now good until August 17, 2022!
Jul 8, 2010
27 posts
12 upvotes
Regina
Thanks OP, followed original post instructions. Good until 2022!

Bought 2 x 12months 1 x 6months from Costco, equalled exactly 36 months with the extra 1 month bump on the two 12 month subscriptions and what I had on my current gold subscription.
Sep 14, 2019
4 posts
1 upvote
I bought the 12 months x 2 + 6 months x 1 from Costco and got the 3 free months from auto renew. However, when I tried to buy the 1 month PC pass Microsoft sent a security code to an old phone number of mine that doesn't work anymore. I tried updating to my new number but it requires me to wait 30 days before the change takes effect. Does anybody know how to reduce this? I can't buy the $1 Game Pass Ultimate until I can get the security info updated. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1226 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I followed the steps like others, but different result. My current sub expires next month. Bought 2 - 1 year and 1-6mth sub. But I was not asked for auto-billing. After the first code, I turned it on myself.
I was not able to order the PC and GP for $1, when I go to the link or check history, it just says
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate = Redeemed. It includes GP, Live gold, GP -PC.

So my sub now is good until Oct/20, so mine did not convert at all. Any one know what happened?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3193 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
milhouse611 wrote: I followed the steps like others, but different result. My current sub expires next month. Bought 2 - 1 year and 1-6mth sub. But I was not asked for auto-billing. After the first code, I turned it on myself.
I was not able to order the PC and GP for $1, when I go to the link or check history, it just says
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate = Redeemed. It includes GP, Live gold, GP -PC.

So my sub now is good until Oct/20, so mine did not convert at all. Any one know what happened?

Did you already have ultimate pass?
Dec 7, 2012
261 posts
233 upvotes
Kelowna
Phat_cow wrote: Is this still going? Asking for a friend!
100% still works. I literally just went through the process exactly as described in the OP. Quick and painless!