Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Microsoft Store] Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Get 3-months for $1

  • Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2020 9:21 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 24, 2007
1039 posts
595 upvotes
London, ON
DeoGame wrote: Bestbuy.ca is giving an extra 3 months free if you buy 3 months. No idea if it stacks or is free 3 months per customer. Online only.
Link:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/xb ... d/13627110

Terms: Bonus Xbox One 3-Month Game Pass Ultimate code will be emailed separately within 24 hours of placing your order. Limited quantities, while supplies last. No rainchecks. Downloadable Software is non-refundable and non-returnable. An electronic code will be emailed to you by Codes 2 GO Inc. You will not be shipped a CD or other physical goods. Please ensure to provide the correct email address when placing your order. Code must be redeemed by 1/15/2020.


That's $50 for 6 months, or $8.33/month. Regular $17/month. Not bad for an extension, if you've already bought in.
Newbie
Oct 27, 2019
10 posts
rhutvirani wrote: ok let me try and contact support.

Edit : contacted them , they said it should add up 1 year. So lets try.
Did it work? Does 1 year of xbl add 1 year to game pass ultimate?
Member
Mar 31, 2006
294 posts
514 upvotes
Coquitlam
Actually no.. one year of Xbox Live will be add up 6 months if your a part of Game Pass Ultimate.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2013
698 posts
69 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
Hey man thanks for guide. I now am good until august 2022 on ultimate. Nice!
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2013
698 posts
69 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
Pr0matic wrote: Actually no.. one year of Xbox Live will be add up 6 months if your a part of Game Pass Ultimate.
https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-game-pass#faq

After you join the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate plan, you can continue to redeem Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass codes. These codes will automatically convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a ratio based on the ERP (Estimated Retail Price) of those codes.

Token says…

You get…

1 month of Gold

20 days of Ultimate

3 months of Gold

50 days of Ultimate (1+ month)

6 months of Gold

79 days of Ultimate (2+ months)

12 months of Gold

4 months of Ultimate

24 months of Gold

8 months of Ultimate

1 month of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games)

20 days of Ultimate

3 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games)

2 months of Ultimate

6 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games)

4 months of Ultimate

12 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games)

5 months of Ultimate

24 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games)

10 months of Ultimate

1 month of Xbox Game Pass PC Games

20 days of Ultimate
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Member
Jun 19, 2010
437 posts
290 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks op! The guide still works, I only set it up for a year because not sure if I want the new Xbox. My subscription expires January 28, 2021 with a 1 year Xbox gold purchase. Only bought it for outer worlds and gears 5.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 21, 2006
2641 posts
849 upvotes
Chatham
crazyea wrote: https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-game-pass#faq

After you join the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate plan, you can continue to redeem Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass codes. These codes will automatically convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a ratio based on the ERP (Estimated Retail Price) of those codes.

Token says…

You get…

1 month of Xbox Game Pass PC Games

20 days of Ultimate
Is this the same for first time Ultimate subscribers with that $2 plan I believe?

I have one year of GP PC until Oct 2020. So if I purchase the Ultimate for $2, I will end up with Ultimate ending May or June 2020?

Maybe a better example would be if I had the full 3 years allowed for GP PC. I would then activate Ultimate and end up with just 2 years of Ultimate, right?
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 7, 2007
5141 posts
21486 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: PC-only is $5.99 a month currently while it's in beta. $11.99 when it goes out of beta. There's no "deal" for PC game pass only. But if you follow the steps in the thread summary (right below the OP), you get Gamepass Ultimate for $4.57 a month, which includes game pass for PC. You may never use the XBox live or Xbox game pass, but who cares? Still lends up cheaper than regular PC game pass at the discounted beta price, nevermind full price.
I'm currently using GamePass for PC . Don't care about Live and don't have an XBOX. My PC subscription will expire in May, but i got like 20 1-month GamePass Ultimate codes that I could redeem.

Should I just buy the 2 months ultimate first for $2 and add all the other codes after?
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 24, 2007
1039 posts
595 upvotes
London, ON
Tibbs wrote: Is this the same for first time Ultimate subscribers with that $2 plan I believe?

I have one year of GP PC until Oct 2020. So if I purchase the Ultimate for $2, I will end up with Ultimate ending May or June 2020?

Maybe a better example would be if I had the full 3 years allowed for GP PC. I would then activate Ultimate and end up with just 2 years of Ultimate, right?
The FAQ post you quoted is for conversion rates on pre-paid codes, while you have an active Ultimate subscription. If you don't currently have Ultimate, then your combined remaining time of XBL Gold, Game Pass (console), and Game Pass (PC) will be converted at parity when you become an Ultimate subscriber.

Your active GP PC subscription would convert equally to Ultimate. The current offer for new Ultimate subscribers seems to be 1 month for $1.
Your current time + 1 month = Ultimate expiry in Nov 2020.
3 years of GP PC would turn into 3 years of Ultimate.
Last edited by AnonymousBroccoli on Oct 29th, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Newbie
Oct 27, 2018
85 posts
86 upvotes
Tibbs wrote: Is this the same for first time Ultimate subscribers with that $2 plan I believe?

I have one year of GP PC until Oct 2020. So if I purchase the Ultimate for $2, I will end up with Ultimate ending May or June 2020?

Maybe a better example would be if I had the full 3 years allowed for GP PC. I would then activate Ultimate and end up with just 2 years of Ultimate, right?
No. If you had a full three years of Game Pass PC and then you activated Ultimate, you would then have three years of Ultimate. It's after you activate Ultimate, that if you try to add anymore time from Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass codes, that it converts into less time.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 24, 2007
1039 posts
595 upvotes
London, ON
MTommy wrote: I'm currently using GamePass for PC . Don't care about Live and don't have an XBOX. My PC subscription will expire in May, but i got like 20 1-month GamePass Ultimate codes that I could redeem.

Should I just buy the 2 months ultimate first for $2 and add all the other codes after?
You could do that. At the very least, the $1 month of Ultimate would be cheap extra time on PC.

It's possible Xbox Live Gold member benefits could be of use. Sometimes there are extra discounts during Windows Store game sales. And there's a very slight chance one of the monthly Games with Gold could be a Play Anywhere title (Xbox One + PC licence). Gears of War 4 was one in August, though it's already part of Game Pass, so that didn't really matter.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 21, 2006
2641 posts
849 upvotes
Chatham
AnonymousBroccoli wrote: The FAQ post you quoted is for conversion rates on pre-paid codes, while you have an active Ultimate subscription. If you don't currently have Ultimate, then your combined remaining time of XBL Gold, Game Pass (console), and Game Pass (PC) will be converted at parity when you become an Ultimate subscriber.

Your active GP PC subscription would convert equally to Ultimate. The current offer for new Ultimate subscribers seems to be 1 month for $1.
Your current time + 1 month = Ultimate expiry in Nov 2020.
3 years of GP PC would turn into 3 years of Ultimate.
Marluxia wrote: No. If you had a full three years of Game Pass PC and then you activated Ultimate, you would then have three years of Ultimate. It's after you activate Ultimate, that if you try to add anymore time from Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass codes, that it converts into less time.
Holy Cow! That is an amazing deal! Then if I get a Scarlett I have GPU ready to go. :)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
17078 posts
6909 upvotes
Oakville
MTommy wrote: I'm currently using GamePass for PC . Don't care about Live and don't have an XBOX. My PC subscription will expire in May, but i got like 20 1-month GamePass Ultimate codes that I could redeem.

Should I just buy the 2 months ultimate first for $2 and add all the other codes after?
Yup. Buy the 2 months of ultimate for 2 bucks, and then you'll have GPU till July. If you use the GPU codes first, you'll lose the opportunity to get those 2 months for $2.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 7, 2007
5141 posts
21486 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: Yup. Buy the 2 months of ultimate for 2 bucks, and then you'll have GPU till July. If you use the GPU codes first, you'll lose the opportunity to get those 2 months for $2.
Something really weird happened. I redeemed 2 ultimate codes and now says that it will be $16.99 every month, next charge on 8/3/2022 with PayPal

How is that possible? PC beta was good until 07/2020?

Maybe those codes worth a year of Ultimate? Can't even tell, but that could be it.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2013
698 posts
69 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
MTommy wrote: Something really weird happened. I redeemed 2 ultimate codes and now says that it will be $16.99 every month, next charge on 8/3/2022 with PayPal

How is that possible? PC beta was good until 07/2020?

Maybe those codes worth a year of Ultimate? Can't even tell, but that could be it.
Lucky guy!
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)