Expired Hot Deals

[Microsoft Store] Xbox Game Pass Ultimate/PC members will be getting EA play for *Free

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 6:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2045 posts
2635 upvotes
Windsor

[Microsoft Store] Xbox Game Pass Ultimate/PC members will be getting EA play for *Free

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/09/ ... onal-cost/
XGP Ultimate gets EA play on console and PC, XGP for PC gets EA Play on PC

Check the $1 upgrade method thread to max out 3 years before Microsoft close it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those with EA play membership left
According to Major Nelson, users who have both Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and EA Play purchased through Xbox will have their EA Play membership canceled and any remaining time over 50 days will be rounded up and converted to the nearest month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a ratio of 3:1 based on ERP.
Last edited by mymuro on Sep 10th, 2020 11:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
130 replies
Mar 25, 2019
62 posts
75 upvotes
upvoted: this is a huge deal for Gamepass ultimate users....esp rfders who got the 3 years gamepass ultimate through gold conversion.

Bum deal for those who didnt want or dont have gamepass ultimate and only have EA access. from what i understand if you only bought 1 year ea access for $30 to play ea games for a year you cant...it gets converted to 3:1 so you can have 4 months.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2494 posts
978 upvotes
North York
has EA made anything worth playing recently ?

The last games I was excited about was Mass Effect before they burned it to ground with Mass Effect Andromeda
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1446 posts
467 upvotes
Calgary
This means we’ll never have to buy another copy of NHL?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1330 posts
1200 upvotes
Moeeed wrote: has EA made anything worth playing recently ?

The last games I was excited about was Mass Effect before they burned it to ground with Mass Effect Andromeda
Star wars fallen order was pretty good
A way out was decent too if you are looking for a co-op game
Apex legends is pretty popular but is not my cup of tea
I'm sure a lot of people would argue the sims 4 content they put out is good
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1330 posts
1200 upvotes
blind56 wrote: This means we’ll never have to buy another copy of NHL?
It means you get 10 hours when it comes out and then in about 6 months it is included in their library of free games
Aug 5, 2020
36 posts
26 upvotes
I heard the news and was wondering what would happen for someone who had both, thankfully I get an even sweeter deal now.

EA Access was fine, the 10 hour trials on new games was nice. Other than that it was mainly solid for getting a fill of Fifa, NHL or the UFC game. The Battlefield and Star Wars Battlefront games are on there too which can provide some fun as well. All in all Game Pass definitely got a nice boost.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1282 posts
1833 upvotes
blind56 wrote: This means we’ll never have to buy another copy of NHL?
IMO the only version worth having is NHL94
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1030 posts
1006 upvotes
Toronto
So not even a vague date of when this is happening?
Dec 31, 2016
371 posts
240 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
so this gets done automatically?
would they be increasing GPU prices eventually?
so it'll be better to subscribe more months right now?
I definitely don’t need one, so I’ll do the right thing and pick one up on my way home. 😎

**Just pick one and don't loot** 😠
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4369 posts
1879 upvotes
Toronto
nicolascon wrote: It means you get 10 hours when it comes out and then in about 6 months it is included in their library of free games
if the 6 month things legit thats solid, i personally find EA games pretty bad (last good one i got was titanfall) so i can wait 6 months if a hot new title does come out
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1598 posts
865 upvotes
mymuro wrote: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/09/ ... onal-cost/
XGP Ultimate gets EA play on console and PC, XGP for PC gets EA Play on PC

Use the upgrade method before Microsoft close it
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those with EA play membership left
According to Major Nelson, users who have both Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and EA Play purchased through Xbox will have their EA Play membership canceled and any remaining time over 50 days will be rounded up and converted to the nearest month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a ratio of 3:1 based on ERP.
The "purchased through Xbox" part sounds to me like I can't buy the EA Play card at Costco and convert it to XGPU.