Expired Hot Deals

[Microsoft Store] Xbox Game Pass Ultimate/PC members will be getting EA play for *Free

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 6:36 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1309 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know how long it takes to get a digital code from EB Games? I purchased a 12 month for $69.99 and got confirmation but geeze how long for the code? Digital should be instant!

.. and well that was **** as their supplier is out of digital codes. LOL! Whatever. Anyway anyone know where I can actually get a code for 12 months for sure at that price. Btw it was $69.99 Canadian ... eh : ) Anyway EB Games thinks it was ok to take my order for something they could not deliver on. Ridiculous. No message up saying it was out of supply or anything. Anyway I see on their site shows as an order cancelled now. Better get that in an email from EB Games and my cc company sooner than later.
May 29, 2017
302 posts
220 upvotes
For those who didn't have game pass before, keep in mind that the game pass pricing will double for PC starting sep 17th
May 29, 2017
302 posts
220 upvotes
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: Anyone know how long it takes to get a digital code from EB Games? I purchased a 12 month for $69.99 and got confirmation but geeze how long for the code? Digital should be instant!

.. and well that was **** as their supplier is out of digital codes. LOL! Whatever. Anyway anyone know where I can actually get a code for 12 months for sure at that price. Btw it was $69.99 Canadian ... eh : ) Anyway EB Games thinks it was ok to take my order for something they could not deliver on. Ridiculous. No message up saying it was out of supply or anything. Anyway I see on their site shows as an order cancelled now. Better get that in an email from EB Games and my cc company sooner than later.
If they send it through codes2go then check your spam/junk folder
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1309 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
codex119 wrote: If they send it through codes2go then check your spam/junk folder
I see all the big companies use them for codes as I looked last night after what happened with EB Games. Also like I had said they said their supplier ran out. It was a cancellation when I checked on my orders with EB Games. Anyway still though good info. as I will check there in the future if companies insist once has been sent and I don't see it. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2158 posts
865 upvotes
Montreal, QC
jronald wrote: Care to explain how? If it was already explained my apologies.
Load up on Live Gold, up to 3 years worth can be redeem. Then, do the $1 gamepass deal which will convert your live gold sub into gamepass ultimate in a 1 for 1 ratio. It is the cheapest way to get gamepass ultimate
Apr 30, 2008
590 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
sumtimw0ng wrote: Load up on Live Gold, up to 3 years worth can be redeem. Then, do the $1 gamepass deal which will convert your live gold sub into gamepass ultimate in a 1 for 1 ratio. It is the cheapest way to get gamepass ultimate
If I no longer have that $1 gamepass deal available to me, can I still load up on Live Gold, and convert it to gamepass by paying the regular $14.99 gamepass price, or whatever the regular price is?

Right now I purchased a gamepass 3-months for $24.99 deal so I'm in the last few days of gamepass, so i'm trying to figure out how I can keep gamepass on the cheap going forward, if I don't have that $1 gamepass upgrade available to me.

Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2041 posts
2629 upvotes
Windsor
TH3R wrote: If I no longer have that $1 gamepass deal available to me, can I still load up on Live Gold, and convert it to gamepass by paying the regular $14.99 gamepass price, or whatever the regular price is?

Right now I purchased a gamepass 3-months for $24.99 deal so I'm in the last few days of gamepass, so i'm trying to figure out how I can keep gamepass on the cheap going forward, if I don't have that $1 gamepass upgrade available to me.

Thanks.
I think it should be $16.99 but thats all you need to pay to convert your gold/game pass to ultimate.
Check the other $1 upgrade thread for recent updates. I have the link in OP.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4355 posts
1870 upvotes
Toronto
TH3R wrote: If I no longer have that $1 gamepass deal available to me, can I still load up on Live Gold, and convert it to gamepass by paying the regular $14.99 gamepass price, or whatever the regular price is?

Thanks.
also looking for best way to update for people who already took advantage of $1 situation before
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Apr 30, 2008
590 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
mymuro wrote: I think it should be $16.99 but thats all you need to pay to convert your gold/game pass to ultimate.
Check the other $1 upgrade thread for recent updates. I have the link in OP.
Thanks OP. Yes you're right it's $16.99 to extend my gamepass. So let me see if I understand this correctly as for next steps:

1) Let my gamepass expire
2) Subscribe to Live Gold for x-number of months
3) After subscribing to Live Gold, there should be an option to upgrade to gamepass for $16.99, that will convert the remaining months of my Live Gold to gamepass?

Thanks!
Last edited by TH3R on Sep 10th, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1280 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
What I am most interested in is if 36-month promo will be applicable for the Xbox All Access program where the console is included as part of the plan
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2041 posts
2629 upvotes
Windsor
TH3R wrote: Thanks OP. Yes you're right it's $16.99 to extend my gamepass. So let me see if I understand this correctly as for next steps:

1) Let my gamepass expire
2) Subscribe to Live Gold for x-number of months
3) After subscribing to Live Gold, there should be an option to upgrade to gamepass for $16.99, that will convert the remaining months of my Live Gold to gamepass?

Thanks!
Use the $1 upgrade method to max out 3 years before Microsoft close it.
You just need to click the upgrade method in the OP to redirect you to that thread.

Your steps are fine. All you need to do is find the best deals to get cheap XBL gold(whether its Brazil or Costco).
Last edited by mymuro on Sep 10th, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5825 posts
1494 upvotes
Buying my son the new xbox, how does this pass work? He likes minecraft. Will that stay on gamepass forever? Or will it go off after so many months and I'll have to buy it anyways? Is that why they want you to do? Try games for a couple months then like it so much you buy the actual game?
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1278 posts
1829 upvotes
baz5 wrote: Buying my son the new xbox, how does this pass work? He likes minecraft. Will that stay on gamepass forever? Or will it go off after so many months and I'll have to buy it anyways? Is that why they want you to do? Try games for a couple months then like it so much you buy the actual game?
Unless am mistaken Microsoft purchased Minecraft and I doubt it would ever be removed from GA due to the revenue from micro-transactions.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2041 posts
2629 upvotes
Windsor
baz5 wrote: Buying my son the new xbox, how does this pass work? He likes minecraft. Will that stay on gamepass forever? Or will it go off after so many months and I'll have to buy it anyways? Is that why they want you to do? Try games for a couple months then like it so much you buy the actual game?
All Microsoft 1st party games will stay forever unless Microsoft sell Minecraft lol.
Other games may stay 3 months(Rockstar's GTA5/RDR2) to over a year.