Expired Hot Deals

[Microsoft Store] Xbox Game Pass Ultimate/PC members will be getting EA play for *Free

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 6:36 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2179 posts
884 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Mr. Robo wrote: I'm locked up with UGP till April 2022. I still have Game Pass 6 months code. Should I wait till the Ultimate GP expires, redeem GP codes, then convert to UGP again. Or should I just redeem the 6 months codes on a conversion 4 months of UGP?
Best to redeem now as we don't know what it'll be like in 2-3 years
Jan 28, 2014
42 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
I only game on PC but decided to do this trick to lock in a 5.5$ a month compared to the 11 i will be charged after beta closes. Works great and I am good till 2022. Now gotta decide if I should get the new xbox.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
1635 posts
136 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
samhth wrote: I only game on PC but decided to do this trick to lock in a 5.5$ a month compared to the 11 i will be charged after beta closes. Works great and I am good till 2022. Now gotta decide if I should get the new xbox.
Which trick was this?
Jan 28, 2014
42 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
Devhux wrote: So I have to spend $150 up front to have it? Not sure if it’s worth it if I don’t have a console (so Game Pass Ultimate isn’t really needed over the regular Game Pass for PC for me).
Well the regular game pass for pc will be $11. So if you will have that for a year it will already be not worth it. But if you arent sure you will keep it that long then yeah not worth it.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1329 posts
882 upvotes
Toronto
Xbox Game Pass for pc just died today. I got an email saying as of today ... "As of September 17, 2020, Xbox Game Pass for PC is ending introductory pricing and exiting Beta. As we are ending our introductory pricing, your recurring monthly subscription fee is increasing from $5.99 to $11.99"
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3654 posts
2183 upvotes
Toronto
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: Xbox Game Pass for pc just died today. I got an email saying as of today ... "As of September 17, 2020, Xbox Game Pass for PC is ending introductory pricing and exiting Beta. As we are ending our introductory pricing, your recurring monthly subscription fee is increasing from $5.99 to $11.99"
i did not get this email - suppose it was just for those who got game pass alone and not the ultimate pack
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1319 posts
704 upvotes
Burnaby
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: Xbox Game Pass for pc just died today. I got an email saying as of today ... "As of September 17, 2020, Xbox Game Pass for PC is ending introductory pricing and exiting Beta. As we are ending our introductory pricing, your recurring monthly subscription fee is increasing from $5.99 to $11.99"
Weeks of being torn over whether I should or shouldn't buy this pass and it seems like MS has finally made the decision for me...
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1329 posts
882 upvotes
Toronto
chadw01 wrote: i did not get this email - suppose it was just for those who got game pass alone and not the ultimate pack
Whatever the free mode for pc was I tried it out in beta for one day and it was recent and it was not ready to come out of beta. If it's going to act like it did then it is not worth $5.99 let alone $11.99. The experience was so bad in terms of the gui and getting out of a game and closing the app down that it ended up where I had to restart my pc. It was definitely not a Steam experience or even close to like what I get from competitors. Microsoft has work to do.
Mar 17, 2017
164 posts
53 upvotes
The 1$ trick dont work anymore with Xbox gamepass on PC?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1329 posts
882 upvotes
Toronto
Bob1321 wrote: The 1$ trick dont work anymore with Xbox gamepass on PC?
Based on that article it should not work but if you want to be the guinea pig and still try .....
Mar 17, 2017
164 posts
53 upvotes
I think its still work, the still offering 1$ for the first month. If we do the trick it will convert
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1329 posts
882 upvotes
Toronto
Bob1321 wrote: I think its still work, the still offering 1$ for the first month. If we do the trick it will convert
Thinking it will work and having it work are two different things. I will wait for someone else to try it and see if it works. LOL!