Bundle includes:
• Bonus Gears of War 4 digital code
• Xbox One X 1TB Console
• Xbox Wireless Controller
• Full game download of Fallout 76
• 1-month Xbox Live Gold trial
• 1-month Xbox Game Pass trial with access to over 100+ games
• $15 off a select Xbox Wireless Controller
• $10 off Xbox Live Gold membership (choice of 3 or 6 months)

Plus an additional free game when checking out...limited choices though. (i.e. 3 games in total)
Last edited by chatbox on May 28th, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
18 replies
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
765 upvotes
Moncton
Forget about the game, good price for the x though.
Edit: it also comes with gears 4, which isn’t expensive or new but atleast it’s a decent game.
Jun 9, 2009
698 posts
114 upvotes
Hamilton
I have an Xbox One S I bought for Christmas and have used it literally 4 times. Would I get any use out of this? I mean, is it A LOT better than the S, especially for non-gaming?

Also, would I be able to get 200 for the S and controller?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1360 posts
386 upvotes
peji911 wrote:
May 26th, 2019 7:26 pm
I have an Xbox One S I bought for Christmas and have used it literally 4 times. Would I get any use out of this? I mean, is it A LOT better than the S, especially for non-gaming?
The XBOX One X would serve you no purpose.
It's non gaming capabilities (watching video content) are no different than the S that you already have.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2423 posts
1955 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Unfortunately the deal EB Games had is ending tonight (and unfortunately is sold out online) but it was definitely better.

Same sale price but their Fallout 76 Bundle comes with the white Xbox One X, a $50 Cineplex Gift Card, and the "Thumb Grips".

I'd look for that to happen again.
Aug 23, 2016
88 posts
126 upvotes
I don't know if it's worth spending all that money on an xbox one x at this point unless you REALLY want to play consoles games at 4K on a 4K TV. Next gen consoles are coming in about 18 months, most of the xbox exclusives so far haven't been very good and you can play them on PC if you have windows 10, and I imagine most/all of the current and future exclusives will be playable on the next gen console as well.
Jun 7, 2013
302 posts
199 upvotes
GATINEAU
I love my Xbox... I have an X on the downstairs 4K TV and a regular S upstairs on the ole 1080p panel.
I find there's very little difference between them honestly. Sure everything is nicer, a little smoother on the X, but not enough to justify that price.
New consoles on the way in Fall 2020, which yes, is still a ways away, but it's still lots of money for minimal gains.
Sep 9, 2018
134 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
I am hoping the X will have good trade up value for the new console.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
765 upvotes
Moncton
TechJunk wrote:
May 27th, 2019 1:04 am
I love my Xbox... I have an X on the downstairs 4K TV and a regular S upstairs on the ole 1080p panel.
I find there's very little difference between them honestly. Sure everything is nicer, a little smoother on the X, but not enough to justify that price.
New consoles on the way in Fall 2020, which yes, is still a ways away, but it's still lots of money for minimal gains.
It’s actually a pretty massive difference depending on the game, but some games are almost exactly the same too. Recent games seem to target the new systems now as well. Digital foundry shows frame rates and graphical differences for pretty much every big game but keep in mind YouTube compresses like crazy.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9786 posts
4420 upvotes
I did the scorpio edition as i thought i already had an S and thought if im going to buy an X eventually i would just do it and get the scorpio.Ive only used it a few times as its in the basement with 4k tv and certain games you notice a bit of a difference and looks good HOWEVER not really worth the upgrade for me,Its more of having the system for collection and if it was just the regular X i would not be too happy to be honest lol
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Sep 7, 2014
907 posts
989 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
SuperNaut wrote:
May 27th, 2019 2:29 am
I am hoping the X will have good trade up value for the new console.
My hopes as well, especially since I double dipped on the X during The Brick $249 clearout.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
765 upvotes
Moncton
blazed16 wrote:
May 27th, 2019 8:30 am
I did the scorpio edition as i thought i already had an S and thought if im going to buy an X eventually i would just do it and get the scorpio.Ive only used it a few times as its in the basement with 4k tv and certain games you notice a bit of a difference and looks good HOWEVER not really worth the upgrade for me,Its more of having the system for collection and if it was just the regular X i would not be too happy to be honest lol
I also noticed that when I got the x that my kids needed glasses, they couldnt tell much difference at first either. Its hard to try and understand how others see things, for example I notice every little dip in framerate but others dont. For me, many current games are unplayable on the xbox one s with the best example being PUBG. Then again, millions used to love goldeneye on the n64, it didnt even feel like motion to me when playing 4 player split screen... I was completely disorientated with that low of a frame-rate but others were fine.
Mar 4, 2007
623 posts
528 upvotes
Halifax
peji911 wrote:
May 26th, 2019 7:26 pm

Also, would I be able to get 200 for the S and controller?
Pretty sure you just answered your own question...
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16539 posts
4506 upvotes
Red Dead Redemption 2 on the S is pretty bad. Good though on the X. I don't think I've turned the S on since getting the X more than 12 months ago...
Dec 6, 2012
894 posts
320 upvotes
Regina
X is worth it. Games play much much better over the S.