• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2021 1:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1426 posts
2297 upvotes
Toronto :)

[Amazon.ca] Microsoft Surface Headphones 2 - $263!

Not sure if its a good deal, but seems decent at $263.
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
16 replies
Nov 24, 2016
181 posts
167 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
These are really really good headphones. I like the sound quality better than the AirPods Max and have much better connectivity. Very comfortable, long battery and charges quick. Software does bug and glitch occasionally and Windows 10 handles bluetooth very poorly but it works. They're severely underrated imo I bought them for $315+tax so for $263 it's definitely worth it.
Current device: Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
On Freedom Mobile - $45/22GB + $0 Google Pixel 3
Jul 9, 2019
447 posts
1841 upvotes
Amazon deal of the day, expiring in 6 hours.
5DCD6ABB-87E8-4042-950A-FAF6AD4582C8.png
MKBHD review -
Mar 12, 2012
332 posts
256 upvotes
Ottawa
Audio Codec

SBC and aptX

Umm...would be nice to see aptX HD and/or LDAC.
Jul 9, 2019
447 posts
1841 upvotes
Canadian YouTuber Mark Spurrell’s review -

Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4918 posts
1511 upvotes
Mississauga
Does this have HD audio quality when using it as a headset or do I have to buy some USB dongle for it or get Surface Headphones 2+
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1426 posts
2297 upvotes
Toronto :)
anybody know how well they integrate into the apple ecosystem? i bought the airpods max but bought them way too heavy and decided to return them.
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
Dec 22, 2017
446 posts
734 upvotes
They are not worth the price. Do not buy

They have a common headband issue where the headband comes loose and it cannot be replaced.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/sur ... 8f4?auth=1
https://amp-reddit-com.cdn.ampproject.o ... ABIA%3D%3D
https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/commen ... _any_tips/

Happened to mine as well and returned it within a month.

Such a shame because otherwise the dial controls are awesome.
Dec 22, 2017
446 posts
734 upvotes
Bose QC35 refurb for $200 if you can find it still remains the best value for the price.
Dec 13, 2019
14 posts
14 upvotes
I had a pair of these but returned them as the latency watching movies was too slow (which was my primary use case). Otherwise they were great for music. I also had Sony XM4s (great noise cancellation, but headband was so creaky I couldn't stand them) and preferred the Microsoft headphones. Very comfortable. This is a good deal, but they have always been $320 at the Microsoft Ed Store.
Aug 5, 2013
33 posts
30 upvotes
You're paying for branding here. Consider this:

They use their other products like 365 and Hello to add perceived value, which translates to you perceiving that you should pay more and that it is okay to do so.

Most acoustic/mechanical parts inside the cup of the ear are plastic. The drivers are outdated and many people have reported issues with the software + vinyl material. It doesn't even have a microphone for speech which should have been implemented in this device. The cost of production has not increased since the pandemic started...sales have decreased, justifying a need for them to pull this stuff on us lol. Your choice though!
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1630 posts
3688 upvotes
zumi78878 wrote: anybody know how well they integrate into the apple ecosystem? i bought the airpods max but bought them way too heavy and decided to return them.
They'll act just like any other player of bluetooth headphones that aren't Apple branded.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2211 posts
1423 upvotes
Kitchener
rsu905902 wrote: You're paying for branding here. Consider this:

They use their other products like 365 and Hello to add perceived value, which translates to you perceiving that you should pay more and that it is okay to do so.

Most acoustic/mechanical parts inside the cup of the ear are plastic. The drivers are outdated and many people have reported issues with the software + vinyl material. It doesn't even have a microphone for speech which should have been implemented in this device. The cost of production has not increased since the pandemic started...sales have decreased, justifying a need for them to pull this stuff on us lol. Your choice though!
I'm confused by this. I thought they have many mic per side
Dec 13, 2019
14 posts
14 upvotes
keyser-soze wrote: I'm confused by this. I thought they have many mic per side
Agreed, not sure what is meant - I had these and the mics for calls worked great.
Jul 21, 2011
923 posts
899 upvotes
Knowhere
Microsoft does not know how to do hardware.....Xbox is the only exception that Microsoft has not gave up.
Mar 14, 2009
306 posts
73 upvotes
I have a pair of Surface 1 and I can’t live without them, I use an aux cable to connect to my PC to play games and can wear it comfortably for hours. I’ve had them for 18 months or so and they are in great shape.
May 25, 2007
66 posts
71 upvotes
on
lightmeup wrote: Microsoft does not know how to do hardware.....Xbox is the only exception that Microsoft has not gave up.
I have a surface and it is great. This is also an excellent set of headphones.