[Microsoft] Xbox Game Pass - 1 Month Membership (New or Existing) - $1

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2018 7:26 pm
[OP]
Oct 25, 2017
97 posts
45 upvotes

[Microsoft] Xbox Game Pass - 1 Month Membership (New or Existing) - $1

Just renewed Game Pass for $1 even though I was a previous subscriber. Immediately cancelled to avoid any unwanted renewals.

There's also the 50% off, 6-month offered from both Bestbuy and Walmart to be used after the month is over.

Enjoy!
24 replies
Aug 31, 2008
569 posts
199 upvotes
I'm an existing member but only see it for $11.99 when I try to up my membership.
Jan 17, 2004
264 posts
36 upvotes
BC
Awesome, thanks! My $1 month just expired and I was still able to get it for a $1,
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1347 posts
101 upvotes
Whitby
mighty_mike wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 7:16 pm
My $1 month just expired and I was still able to get it for a $1,
Same
[OP]
Oct 25, 2017
97 posts
45 upvotes
superrabbi wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 7:14 pm
I'm an existing member but only see it for $11.99 when I try to up my membership.

Perhaps it's only for people without an active membership. That's unfortunate.
Dec 24, 2017
337 posts
255 upvotes
I am an existing sub from the previous promo and it showed $1 for me.
Jun 15, 2010
170 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Any idea how long this deal will last. I want to get it closer to June 23 as that's when I'll be back from vacation. Thanks

EDIT: nevermind, it says 8 days remaining. I'll pick it up when there is only 1 day left
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
5850 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
Radudu wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 11:13 am
Any idea how long this deal will last. I want to get it closer to June 23 as that's when I'll be back from vacation. Thanks

EDIT: nevermind, it says 8 days remaining. I'll pick it up when there is only 1 day left
lol i may do the same
Dec 24, 2017
337 posts
255 upvotes
question about gamepass: I notice that a lot of games get added and then some of the older ones get removed. Do they remove the access to the older games once they get removed? I think the turn around for new games and older games is too fast for someone who doesn't play on Xbox every single day.
May 24, 2007
835 posts
269 upvotes
London
zylonite wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 10:52 am
I am an existing sub from the previous promo and it showed $1 for me.
I got what I'm pretty sure was the previous $1 promo on either the last, or second-last day it was available, and that month's subscription expired June 7.

I think I remember checking this promo before my sub expired, and seeing regular price. Now that I'm not a subscriber, I see $1. I'm almost certain Xbox's $1 promos (Game Pass or Gold) are for new or previous subscribers, but not current ones.
zylonite wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 11:43 am
question about gamepass: I notice that a lot of games get added and then some of the older ones get removed. Do they remove the access to the older games once they get removed? I think the turn around for new games and older games is too fast for someone who doesn't play on Xbox every single day.
I think you'll get an error message if you try to launch a game you installed while it was part of Game Pass, after it's been removed.

Edit: I was under the impression games were generally in the library longer-term. But it looks like NBA 2K17 and WWE 2K17 were only in there February-April this year.

(WWE 2K16 was the game I remembered being removed, and getting an error message. Now I'm seeing that its replacement is already gone.)
Jun 9, 2007
60 posts
37 upvotes
Richmond, BC
I bought a xbox one X back in February, and I think it came with a free 14 day trial of the game pass (I haven't activated it yet)

I am thinking of joining the service. What's the best way to do this to take advantage of the $1 promo?

Should i dive into this $1 promo now? (Since it ends in 7 days). After the month runs out, can I still use the 14 day trial with my account?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1489 posts
813 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the heads up
Existing user, the deal worked for me
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3915 posts
565 upvotes
Does Microsoft send you a code? Or is it an immediate activation of Gamepass on your Xbox? I don't really want to start my Gamepass subscription until later in the year like when Forza Horizon 4 is out.
Feb 24, 2008
27 posts
11 upvotes
Bradford
zylonite wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 11:43 am
For what it's worth any first party games stay with Game Pass perpetually, it's only the 3rd party games that may phase out over time. So games like Halo, Gears and Forza will stay on Game Pass permanently. It's sort of like Netflix Originals that stay around always but the other content changes.
[OP]
Oct 25, 2017
97 posts
45 upvotes
Mulder and Scully wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 8:00 pm
Does Microsoft send you a code? Or is it an immediate activation of Gamepass on your Xbox? I don't really want to start my Gamepass subscription until later in the year like when Forza Horizon 4 is out.
Immediate activation. I'd couple this with the 50% off offer from BestBuy that works out to be $6/m, and use that code only when the game you want comes out.