Expired Hot Deals

Microsoft

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3 months for $1 for new users

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2021 10:46 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 19, 2017
508 posts
614 upvotes
Vancouver

[Microsoft] Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3 months for $1 for new users

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, as new users can get three months of the video game subscription service for $1. We've seen Microsoft offer this deal before, but it still represents a $33.98 savings. (The company typically gives new users one month of service for $1 before bumping the cost up to $16.99 per month.) Those who currently subscribe or have previously subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate aren't eligible for the discount.

Last time I saw the same deal was December last year.
Decision Making 101
- Always include opportunity cost in your calculation
- Calculate expected value not just probability or value of the outcome
42 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 18, 2012
9961 posts
4686 upvotes
Toronto
Wasn't it always $1 for new users? Saw this months ago

Xbox Game Pass is great though, you don't even need an Xbox... just play games through Xbox Cloud in a browser or in app anywhere
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 19, 2017
508 posts
614 upvotes
Vancouver
This deal is $1 for three months not just the first month.
Decision Making 101
- Always include opportunity cost in your calculation
- Calculate expected value not just probability or value of the outcome
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 19, 2013
2125 posts
1520 upvotes
Ottawa
I see it isn't in the Android TV (Shield TV) Play Store, does it work if you sideload it?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 18, 2012
9961 posts
4686 upvotes
Toronto
slpless wrote: This deal is $1 for three months not just the first month.
3 months! oops sorry, I missed that part
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5776 posts
2630 upvotes
Ottawa
When is this 3 months deal over? I just signed up 1 month for $1 a week ago.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 26, 2012
977 posts
1419 upvotes
I wonder if this would have the same conversion effect as the $1 for 1 month deal they've had?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2013
2289 posts
2450 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sonyHdr12 wrote: When is this 3 months deal over? I just signed up 1 month for $1 a week ago.
Over in 3 months.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 10, 2012
828 posts
269 upvotes
oh yayy its back. i missed it the first time.
PSN: SUPRSAYN
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 18, 2012
9961 posts
4686 upvotes
Toronto
NoCountry4RFDer wrote: I see it isn't in the Android TV (Shield TV) Play Store, does it work if you sideload it?
I've heard it runs on the Chrome browser on Android also, you don't even need to get the GamePass app for xCloud gaming
truesaiyan wrote: oh yayy its back. i missed it the first time.
there was 3mo promo before? how long did it last?
Wrestlemania wrote: Over in 3 months.
lol thats not what he asked. we dont know when sale ends I suppose
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 10, 2012
828 posts
269 upvotes
i dont remember but it launched when Series X launched iirc. ...i think
PSN: SUPRSAYN
Newbie
Jun 24, 2020
5 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary
Make a new account(smurf account) every month (or after 3 months when this deal happens) for $1. Set smurf account as home on your xbox (a bit different on pc), and play with your main profile. I have been using gamepass on my xbox series x, xcloud and my pc since September 2020 and have only spent less than $10.

Edit: Make sure to unsubscribe after buying the deal (to prevent auto-renewal at full price).
Élève-officier @ Forces armées canadiennes
Jr. Member
Jan 7, 2019
124 posts
43 upvotes
slpless wrote: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, as new users can get three months of the video game subscription service for $1. We've seen Microsoft offer this deal before, but it still represents a $33.98 savings. (The company typically gives new users one month of service for $1 before bumping the cost up to $16.99 per month.) Those who currently subscribe or have previously subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate aren't eligible for the discount.

Last time I saw the same deal was December last year.

You sure?

I just did the upto 3yr upgrade to ultimate for $1 where it converts your remaining gamepass to ultimate but it’s still showing me this 3months offer on one of my gamertags after my ultimate expired.

Perhaps it would say I am ineligible if I actually clicked through tho, but it’s definitely on my Home Screen promoting this to me
Jr. Member
Nov 15, 2007
158 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! Great deal for $1 :-)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2003
3618 posts
849 upvotes
GTA North
ManCaveGamer wrote: Wasn't it always $1 for new users? Saw this months ago

Xbox Game Pass is great though, you don't even need an Xbox... just play games through Xbox Cloud in a browser or in app anywhere
I have the ultimate and I have no idea how to do this. I just played on my series x.
.
Heatware 3-0
.
.
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 19, 2017
508 posts
614 upvotes
Vancouver
AnthonyS428750 wrote: You sure?

I just did the upto 3yr upgrade to ultimate for $1 where it converts your remaining gamepass to ultimate but it’s still showing me this 3months offer on one of my gamertags after my ultimate expired.

Perhaps it would say I am ineligible if I actually clicked through tho, but it’s definitely on my Home Screen promoting this to me
Yup, you'll see regular price $16.99 per month when you actually click through. Happened to me as well.
Decision Making 101
- Always include opportunity cost in your calculation
- Calculate expected value not just probability or value of the outcome
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1060 posts
1548 upvotes
Toronto
Would be great if they offer this come fall season, as 3 months today is almost useless with summer now basically here. Hopefully its offered again for my fall/winter gaming
Newbie
Nov 21, 2015
16 posts
4 upvotes
London, ON
When playing via xcloud though doesn't it only work with the account that holds the subscription? I'd hate to have to start fresh with online saves and achievements and not play with my main account when doing it over cloud.
edit: This was in response to the comment about starting a new account for $1 every month.
Member
User avatar
Jan 15, 2006
466 posts
5 upvotes
I've been outta the xbox game for a while, does this replace xbox live gold, my year ends next month and wondering if I should jump on this

thanks

Top