• Apr 29th, 2021 8:41 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9501 posts
4004 upvotes

[Microsoft] XBox One / XBox Series May 2021 - Free games with Gold membership

Another weak month.
These games will be free for XBox Gold or XBox Gamepass Ultimate subscribers.

You must manually add these games to your download list or add to your library within the dates specified to
add them to you account. Minimum XBox Live Gold or above subscription required.

Free Games with Gold for May 2021

Armello (XBox One) -- May 1-31
Dungeons 3 (Xbox One)-- May 16-June 15
Lego Batman (Xbox 360)-- May 1-15
Tropico 4 (XBox 360) -- May 16-31

Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 26th, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
10 replies
May 13, 2020
99 posts
87 upvotes
Amazing games, so glad I got an Xbox Series X instead of a PS5, this is an absolute banger set of free games for this month!

.........jk
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2945 posts
5296 upvotes
London, Ontario
You beat me by 3 darn minutes lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2001
4223 posts
219 upvotes
Calgary
bokchoyk wrote: Amazing games, so glad I got an Xbox Series X instead of a PS5, this is an absolute banger set of free games for this month!

.........jk
Yeah, I'll just suffer with my NHL21, TheShow21, Madden21, Outriders, DragonQuest11...
Mar 9, 2009
463 posts
394 upvotes
lip1978 wrote: Yeah, I'll just suffer with my NHL21, TheShow21, Madden21, Outriders, DragonQuest11...
none of these are games with gold
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2001
4223 posts
219 upvotes
Calgary
dino7c wrote: none of these are games with gold
Anyone on RFD who has gold has already done the $1 Gamepass update, and if they haven't, that's on them.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2945 posts
5296 upvotes
London, Ontario
I noticed you used the game video to show the games, but if you go on Twitter and look at the post, even while it's minimized you can choose to use the pic's link and it'll still come out nicely when shared as an image on here. And then it doesn't have the annoying play button on the image. It's not major and it doesn't bug me or anything. Just letting you know for the future in case you care.
Sep 1, 2015
944 posts
1204 upvotes
lip1978 wrote: Anyone on RFD who has gold has already done the $1 Gamepass update, and if they haven't, that's on them.
That's a false equivalence though. GamePass is not equal to what Gold is for PSN Plus which is what he was saying. I also don't like the fanboyism that sometimes goes on and I also did GamePass Ultimate for $1 after having XBL Gold for almost 14+ years. But Microsoft isn't doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. They juke the stats with GamePass for investors ie. Having 30 million gamepass before Halo Infinite, they tried to hike XBL Gold to $120 per year just 2 months ago before they removed. They were the only company charging you to require gold to play free to play games which they just removed. They offer GamePass as a nice incentive right now becausw they want the subscriber base, the move to a digital download base, a unified PC/console base, and they'd love if soon we also didn't own games ourselves but rented their xCloud servers as a privilege to play. Sidenote, xCloud and remote play works amazingly. The goal for MS is eventually Xbox as a service. On all devices, all storefronts, where they have 500 million subscribers of constant revenue stream.

Rememeber, they only added free games for gold due to PS free games. It is why Sony will have an answer for gamepass and back and forth. Eventually Microsoft will stop making GamePass so sweet once they have you. It's the same reason Epic Games can lose hundreds of millions buying exclusivity or offering free games while hammering Steam or going after Apple and Google Play stores. Their goal is to have Epic Games Store be numero uno etc.
Oct 15, 2019
11 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal
I think I have like 10 digital copies of Lego Batman. Got them initially from Steam sales, then Humble Bundle (various bundle where this game is part of the bundle).
Jun 9, 2019
300 posts
580 upvotes
I love how anytime something gets posted, there is some boomers commenting about their opposing product is better. It is ruining these forums to be honest. If you don't care about the deal, move on.