PC & Video Games

Xbox/PC Game Pass members will be getting Bethesda games(The Elder Scrolls, Fallouts, Doom, etc) for *Free

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 2:04 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2035 posts
2621 upvotes
Windsor

Xbox/PC Game Pass members will be getting Bethesda games(The Elder Scrolls, Fallouts, Doom, etc) for *Free

Microsoft has agreed to acquire ZeniMax Media, the parent company of Doom and Fallout studio Bethesda Softworks, for $7.5 billion in cash. The acquisition follows earlier Bethesda games coming to Xbox Game Pass on console and PC, and it gives Microsoft control of upcoming games like the space epic Starfield. Microsoft says future Bethesda games, including Starfield, will launch on Xbox Game Pass the day they come to Xbox or PC.
Check the $1 upgrade method thread to max out 3 years before Microsoft close it
80 replies
Sep 26, 2013
68 posts
119 upvotes
Damn, still debating on xbox vs PS5. I own all three consoles this generation and played PS4 the most. But game pass is getting hotter. I also found my game play time is getting shorter with everything going on in life. Getting a game pass may make money go to waste...
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2964 posts
1523 upvotes
Toronto
XSS with Gamepass is looking to be an incredible value. Will be preordering my XSX tomorrow, this was the final thing to convince me
Oct 31, 2010
527 posts
313 upvotes
Edmonton
azraelluz wrote: Damn, still debating on xbox vs PS5. I own all three consoles this generation and played PS4 the most. But game pass is getting hotter. I also found my game play time is getting shorter with everything going on in life. Getting a game pass may make money go to waste...
Ya, my current game pass sub that i got for $1 ends in February. I'm expecting my 2nd daughter in January so I'm thinking the same thing with money going to waste if I renew it. Maybe in a few years I'll have the time to justify it, but probably not.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1497 posts
476 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I am a lifelong Xbox owner. That said I really do think that both consoles will give you a great experience.

It’s great that Microsoft is really pushing hard to give their fans and owners some value. I am excited to see what Sony comes out with for their PS5 owners.
Mar 23, 2017
521 posts
938 upvotes
Toronto
Does this mean we'll be seeing doom eternal on game pass in the near future?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2035 posts
2621 upvotes
Windsor
SamG852 wrote: Does this mean we'll be seeing doom eternal on game pass in the near future?
According to Bloomberg, Microsoft expects the acquisition to close in the second half of fiscal year 2021, so sometime between January 1 and June 30.
Anytime before July 1, 2021 IMO.
Jul 13, 2013
830 posts
564 upvotes
This is a big acquisition, Game Pass just keeps getting better.
Jul 31, 2020
242 posts
242 upvotes
gves02 wrote: I am a lifelong Xbox owner. That said I really do think that both consoles will give you a great experience.

It’s great that Microsoft is really pushing hard to give their fans and owners some value. I am excited to see what Sony comes out with for their PS5 owners.
They are both good, but in terms of actual specs and power the series x is best. If people get playstation instead its for the games.
Jul 31, 2020
242 posts
242 upvotes
azraelluz wrote: Damn, still debating on xbox vs PS5. I own all three consoles this generation and played PS4 the most. But game pass is getting hotter. I also found my game play time is getting shorter with everything going on in life. Getting a game pass may make money go to waste...
Most people play more in the winter, I think that will be even more true this year. I think the ps5 might just be too hard to even get a hold of this year.
Dec 14, 2012
188 posts
73 upvotes
EDMONTON
So it is like you can play the games in the library as long as you are paying? Does that mean I can play the game I want for 1 month and beat it? And next time there is a game I want I open another account pay for 1 dollar again can work?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1858 posts
1191 upvotes
Ottawa
Will Microsoft stop developing Bethesda games for playstation or will they treat it similar to Minecraft and keep it multiplatform?