Xbox Sale - This Week's Deals With Gold And Spotlight Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2021 3:39 pm
[OP]
May 18, 2021
29 posts
425 upvotes

[Microsoft] Xbox Sale - This Week's Deals With Gold And Spotlight Sale

Deals with Gold (Xbox Live Gold Required)

Spotlight Sale (Xbox Live Gold Not Required)

20 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4263 posts
4480 upvotes
Alberta
Upvoted for the amount of effort put into this thread.
Feb 28, 2021
97 posts
207 upvotes
I bought a series s solely for gamepass (and cant find a series x). The actual games are incredibly expensive on the store, so i will overall avoid them. Perhaps one day i will upgrade to a series x, then i can use physical games at a fraction of the cost.
Oct 5, 2010
491 posts
444 upvotes
Mephod wrote: I bought a series s solely for gamepass (and cant find a series x). The actual games are incredibly expensive on the store, so i will overall avoid them. Perhaps one day i will upgrade to a series x, then i can use physical games at a fraction of the cost.
I hate digital games you can't play them beat them and sell them like with an actual disc. But I find the prices to be similar to stores they just seem to go on sale at different times. You can also use buy the $50 gift card from Costco for $45 to make them a little cheaper to purchase. But I still think the digital copies should be discounted because you don't have a physical disc.
Jul 16, 2008
358 posts
114 upvotes
ON
With Forza Horizon 5 coming out in 2 months, does it make sense to get the FH4 Ultimate add-on bundles?

It seems like a good deal with Fortune Island and Lego plus the car pass and VIP.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2626 posts
1182 upvotes
Montreal, QC
j3390659 wrote: With Forza Horizon 5 coming out in 2 months, does it make sense to get the FH4 Ultimate add-on bundles?

It seems like a good deal with Fortune Island and Lego plus the car pass and VIP.
The sale always comes back. You can wait for FH5, see how you like it and decide if you stick with 5 or go back to 4
Dec 20, 2014
62 posts
102 upvotes
Winnipeg
Mephod wrote: I bought a series s solely for gamepass (and cant find a series x). The actual games are incredibly expensive on the store, so i will overall avoid them. Perhaps one day i will upgrade to a series x, then i can use physical games at a fraction of the cost.
Just curious, and this is a serious question: How much is 10+ hours of interactive entertainment worth to you?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1056 posts
1467 upvotes
They used to be cheaper, but now I am finding they are more expensive on Xbox versus Steam or PSN when they have sales. Plus, the same gamed get rotated for the same price every month or two.

I also only bought physical, not only was it cheaper, but you could own it, get maps or whatever with the disc etc. But now, the utility of digital outweighs any benefits physical had. You still have to install discs, have to swap out. Plus, easier to get updates and optimizations. Very easy for me to have my massive Xbox games collection, just continue with me to newer machines etc.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11106 posts
5233 upvotes
always have prefered disk versions but lately i keep buying these digital versions on sale. i really need too stop that
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Aug 30, 2007
310 posts
524 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks for the effort OP. Thumbs Up Sign

I must be getting old, as I don’t see a lot that interests me in this sale.
Feb 1, 2012
568 posts
235 upvotes
Montreal
Yeah. Me too, I am on the fence. Dang!
j3390659 wrote: With Forza Horizon 5 coming out in 2 months, does it make sense to get the FH4 Ultimate add-on bundles?

Feb 21, 2008
298 posts
95 upvotes
My Game Pass Ultimate subscription has expired.

Is the deal where you get your Gold membership maxed and then converted all to Ultimate for a buck still on?

Otherwise, I will be on the hunt for cheap Game Pass Ultimate membership.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2953 posts
5321 upvotes
London, Ontario
Eniac360 wrote: My Game Pass Ultimate subscription has expired.

Is the deal where you get your Gold membership maxed and then converted all to Ultimate for a buck still on?

Even if it doesn't still work, if you buy 3 years of gold and 1 month of ultimate it should give you 3 years of ultimate. I did a year just a few months ago and it worked no problem. I've also seen people say you can use a trial to convert, but don't know if that's actually true or not. I also heard gold could be going away in the future once game pass has a certain amount of subscribers.
Last edited by SoldierZeroB on Sep 14th, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3982 posts
1191 upvotes
QC

I personnaly bought the season pass. I don't value much the rest. I paid about 20$ for the season, at 23$ that makes it a good deal IMO.
Jun 27, 2012
920 posts
1816 upvotes
Eniac360 wrote: My Game Pass Ultimate subscription has expired.

Friend did it two weeks ago and worked.
2010-2020 Contest Winnings = $0
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
20766 posts
6579 upvotes
Both were available at Best Buy in Thunder Bay last week in their display case. Everyone wanted PS5s though which were MIA...
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
20766 posts
6579 upvotes
Still no love for COD Black Ops Cold War which took a 26 GB update yesterday as well as new items if you have Prime Gaming. Still lots of playtime left in that game before Vanguard drops. I am so going to get the Judge Dredd skin and Lawgiver gun...

Thanks for the list...
Mar 9, 2009
486 posts
453 upvotes
with Gamepass its pretty hard to bring myself to buy an xbox digital game
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1058 posts
1546 upvotes
Toronto
dino7c wrote: with Gamepass its pretty hard to bring myself to buy an xbox digital game
I disagree. Would rather pay $5-$30 and own a game vs paying $15-$20 a month for renting a game. It also takes me usually a month to complete a game as well