Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft

Xbox Ultimate Game Sale (July 19th - 30th)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2018 8:11 pm
Nov 9, 2017
97 posts
192 upvotes
tostaky wrote: tempted by Doom/Wolfenstein 2, Should I buy Wolfenstein new order too ?
If you haven't played New Order it's really great. I have yet to play the sequel or the prequel but everyone says these are fun quality games.
Apr 10, 2011
649 posts
345 upvotes
Wonder how you manage to get the Doom/Wolf bundle. 27.72CHF is around 36.76CDN, while the game on the CDN store is 34.32$
Apr 8, 2005
916 posts
633 upvotes
S0lidus wrote: best deals are the 3 month game pass and the year of gold. so many games are like $20 right now on sale, but they've been free on GWG before. they also use obsurd retail prices of $80 for games that have been dropped to $60 or less already.
Ya, it seems game prices are dropping much more slowly now than they were a couple years ago, and the discounts are rarely as good. Aside from the fact that I grew bored of them, I would sometimes pick up the LEGO games when they dropped to $5 but that hasn't happened in a long while. Dishonored 2 at $25 is pretty bad, while DLC in general isn't discounted nearly enough.

No worries though: between GamePass, Games with Gold, some good sale pricing, and my backlog, I have more than enough to keep me going until the Black Friday and Christmas sales. (Oh, and RDR2 :) )
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
actarus wrote: Wonder how you manage to get the Doom/Wolf bundle. 27.72CHF is around 36.76CDN, while the game on the CDN store is 34.32$
I got it from the Russian store, where it cost 760.40 RUB. After tax, and with CC foreign transaction fee, worked out to $19.51CAD when it came through on the CC.

Oct 21, 2013
312 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Has anyone ever seen Portal 2 available on here? My understanding is it's backwards compatible but it never goes on sale. Thanks!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
actarus wrote: Nicely done!
Credit goes to @DanP for pointing it out earlier in the thread. I knew that you used to be able to do this, but thought Microsoft had closed all the loopholes. I'm now going to use this method for every game I purchase going forward.
paperplanez wrote: Has anyone ever seen Portal 2 available on here? My understanding is it's backwards compatible but it never goes on sale. Thanks!
I don't think I've ever seen it included in the sales, sadly. I'd like to pick up a digital copy, since I traded in my physical copy years ago.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3470 posts
728 upvotes
GTA
So tempted to get shadow of war gold edition since they had that update recently, can anyone comment on how the game is now?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
I'm going in big on Surviving Mars w/ season pass. Just waiting for my costco MS cards to arrive.