Microwave not working
My Panasonic microwave does not turn on (no power at all), no light, no LED panel.
I opened it carefully and noticed the plastic connector on the thermal fuse was brown and melted. The underlying metal connector was ok.
I checked the fuse for continuity, and it's ok. For a really really short term test I bypassed the fuse by joining the two fuse connectors together. And the microwave turned on.
I went to the parts store and they tested for continuity again, and the fuse was ok. He told me that I did not need a fuse and the problem was somewhere else.
But the microwave does turn on if I bypass the fuse!
I am confused. Could the fuse test OK for continuity but still not work once power is applied to it?
I know this is quite specific. Any help would be welcome.