Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Midas

$29.99 Midas oil change. Until Sept 27

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2021 7:57 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
2187 posts
2730 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Good price OP. As a customer, just say no to the extras and drive away. Not that hard. Lol.

Don't get all these people. It's hard to justify doing it yourself.
$15 oil + $5 oil filter + $2 for gas to drive to dispose = $22.
$8 + extra fees is good for the labor charge.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10775 posts
2853 upvotes
Nowhere
Like everything, it depends on the location. I never get upsold at Midas, unlike the dealership where they tell me I need to do things well before the recommended time on my very low mileage vehicle. I recently had an oil change at Midas and expected them to tell me that I needed a new air filter (I bought one based on the owner's manual but haven't replaced it) but they said it was good. I paid $59 plus tax & fees for a full synthetic oil change and tire rotation. The manager took $10 off because the customer ahead said she forgot her coupon from their mail out at home. The manager took her word even though the coupon was only $5 off $50 and $10 off $100 and then gave me the same discount without asking. He didn't even tell me he was giving it to me and since we had different services done, it was not like I would question why she paid $X and I paid $Y. The manager has been at that location for a long time, has a good reputation and has done other work on my car. I have no problem giving them my business.
April 28th is a National Day of Mourning for those killed or injured on the job. Mourn for the dead, fight for the living. We all deserve to return home safely at night.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2252 posts
749 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
blaznazn22 wrote: An oil change takes like 20 mins and the cheapest places I know charges $30. So it's around $90 per hour, subtract cost of oil and filter, maybe $30 and total comes to $60. My car uses synthetic oil and while I trust my mechanic, I do notice he cheaps out on things, so I end up buying the oil before hand. The only thing he swaps out is my filter, and he still charges $30.
I'd rather have the mechanic take my vehicle for a road test, check the car properly, install a quality filter and fill it with quality oil. I have no idea how people trust a minimum wage unqualified teenagers using the lowest quality materials/fluids available which has the potential of catastrophic engine damage if done improperly with one of their more expensive purchases of their lives. Oil change is literally the cheapest part of vehicle maintenance, so why wouldn't you want quality stuff done by a professional.

Full disclaimer, I am that mechanic so I am obviously biased.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
20565 posts
9082 upvotes
Toronto
The problem is not saying NO. It's praying they don't mess up your car in the process. A simple oil change gone wrong and can cause a lot of problems. Also who knows if they are messing with your car to get you back in later.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
18052 posts
10856 upvotes
Ottawa
What does a regular dealer charge these days for run of the mill oil change? I haven't been to a dealer in years.
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
2293 posts
2588 upvotes
Toronto
Dealers and multi-location chains can have some great prices on oil changes to get you in the door, the thing is once there the pressure tactics and upselling is way more than i can handle. Whats that you say I need a brake fluid change, no thank you I only have 16,000Km on the odometer, i barely have broken in my pads. I guess you mis-spoke as it's not on the vehicle service interval as outlined in the manual that came with my car. Oh an engine oil flush, but i checked the oil color yesterday and it is as light bronze to clear as virgin oil.

Needless to say i will pay more at my local mechanic i trust, he gets an appropriate fee for quality work and doesn't have to upsell me on things to make up for the loss leader.

To each their own but i would run from any of these chain shops or dealerships.

**Must say free wiper blades are a great incentive, however if i have to run the gauntlet of extra work i then get afraid the guys are tinkering with things under the hood which will make me worried for the next week. For piece of mind just keep going local to my own guy.

For the guys doing their own do you really save enough to make it worthwhile? Synthetic oil, filter, jacking up the car and lubing all the fittings....time spent. If i had a collectable that was my baby i would do for the enjoyment however on my daily beaters just not that interested in it.
Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1134 posts
733 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
Bigboy16 wrote: Good price OP. As a customer, just say no to the extras and drive away. Not that hard. Lol.

Don't get all these people. It's hard to justify doing it yourself.
$15 oil + $5 oil filter + $2 for gas to drive to dispose = $22.
$8 + extra fees is good for the labor charge.
So your $2 gas to dispose of oil must wash out with $2 gas to drive to Midas?
Oct 3, 2019
249 posts
218 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: And my all time favourite “shop supplies” charge.
You’re changing my damn oil!
Aside from the oil and filter that I’m already paying for, what is this “shop supplies” that I’m paying for?
They charge it because they can.
It's our standards to use one pair of new glove to take off the plug and filters, and another pair to put it back, and we use diposable oil pan to collect used oil, disposable rug, and so on...
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1134 posts
733 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
progator wrote: It's our standards to use one pair of new glove to take off the plug and filters, and another pair to put it back, and we use diposable oil pan to collect used oil, disposable rug, and so on...
A disposable oil pan ?

Disposable rug, you mean a piece of paper on the floor?