Hot Deals

[Midas] Midas Oil change coupon - $29.99 conventional, $59.99 high mileage, $69.99 full synthetic

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2021 6:40 pm
[OP]
Aug 13, 2006
8 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Midas] Midas Oil change coupon - $29.99 conventional, $59.99 high mileage, $69.99 full synthetic

Deal Link:
Expiry:
April 1, 2021
Retailer:
Midas
More offers from Midas
Not sure anyone appreciates the 'Midas touch'. I personally use the stealerahip to service my vehicle but thought these prices were reasonable.

OIL CHANGES STARTING AT: $29.99 CONVENTIONAL, $59.99 HIGH MILEAGE, $69.99 FULL SYNTHETIC OIL CHANGE PLUS DISPOSAL FEE
Change up to 5 litres of motor oil
Lubricate chassis fittings
Install new oil filter
Courtesy check

Select Vehicles. Up to 5 litres of oil. Other oils and specialty filters extra. Disposal fee, where permitted; shop fee, where permitted, not to exceed $35.00. Not valid with other offers. Coupon must be presented at time of service. Void where prohibited. Valid at participating locations in Canada.

Expires: 04/01/2021
107 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5638 posts
1406 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Goodluck! if you get it they always add something to that. oh.you need this you need that.

Freedom Mobile
Line 1 $50 20gb with 35% F&F LG Velvet
Line 2 $50 20gb with 35% F&F LG Velvet
Line 3 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11
Line 4 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11

Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1350 posts
1502 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Good price. Just say no to the extras. People always complain, but it's not that hard to say no.
Mar 15, 2019
800 posts
941 upvotes
i can say no?

no thanks
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13134 posts
1969 upvotes
Toronto
CanadianConsumerYEG wrote: This is where crappy tire rejects work
That’s worrying considering how bad the techs are at crappy tire
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
1278 posts
1198 upvotes
Vancouver
"Select vehicles"
somehow on my regular honda civic (not the fancy sport model) it's never the low advertised price
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2008
1695 posts
449 upvotes
My girlfriend went to Midas for an oil change. Got talked into a brake "service" (this is where they take it apart and clean it up without replacing parts). A week later one of the brakes they rebuilt failed catastrophically. The vehicle had to be put on a flat deck, it couldn't even be towed after because the caliper had completely seized onto the rotor.

Best part? When I went through her service records I found those brakes had been completely replaced 15,000 km earlier and very likely did not need service in the first place.

That is, they sold her on maintenance that wasn't needed, and screwed it up so bad that they did more damage.

Never again.
Mar 2, 2021
230 posts
222 upvotes
- $15 full synthetic 5L oil (purple Tech from WM, just as great as all other synthetics - check youtube if skeptic)
- $12 synthethic fram filter (good for 32k kms, I leave it for 2 cycles, as I change my synthethic oil every 12k kms, so 24k kms total)
- $0 labour (No rocket science unscrewing a nut and filter, then screw them back + pouring skills)

Total: $21 per oil change for synthethic.

My next project is to learn to do my own brakes. It's scary, but so was changing my own oil, and now I wonder why I was so scared to do it when it's so simple. So many DYI youtube movies.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1057 posts
1453 upvotes
Vancouver
Rishi wrote: My girlfriend went to Midas for an oil change. Got talked into a brake "service" (this is where they take it apart and clean it up without replacing parts). A week later one of the brakes they rebuilt failed catastrophically. The vehicle had to be put on a flat deck, it couldn't even be towed after because the caliper had completely seized onto the rotor.

Best part? When I went through her service records I found those brakes had been completely replaced 15,000 km earlier and very likely did not need service in the first place.

That is, they sold her on maintenance that wasn't needed, and screwed it up so bad that they did more damage.

Never again.
THat is really the whole point of these deals, to get people in so they can upsell on service (rightfully or wrongfully)
Oct 6, 2018
364 posts
483 upvotes
KevinT277396 wrote: So in ontario what's the walk away price?
$425 after you replace everything they say is "critical"
Jul 13, 2006
367 posts
210 upvotes
Calgary
I remembered on my first vehicle, I had my muffler replaced by them. After that, the muffler needed to be replaced every year. Even the muffler was 'free', I had to pay labor each time they put in a new muffler.
Aug 29, 2012
229 posts
151 upvotes
SURREY
Mariusic wrote:

My next project is to learn to do my own brakes. It's scary, but so was changing my own oil, and now I wonder why I was so scared to do it when it's so simple. So many DYI youtube movies.
I find learning how to do brakes is the stepping stone in doing all other repairs for a car. I've shown multiple people how to do a brake service and after they're done they realize how much money they've wasted paying someone else to do it. I've had some pretty awesome dinners in the process. The most common mistake I've seen is not knowing how much to tighten a nut or bolt.
Oct 11, 2017
152 posts
91 upvotes
Vancouver
If u wanna be screwed and fk up your car the best way to get it \ do it is to visit one of those shitty places like midas, mr lube etc where min wage 70 iq idiots gna upsell u some brake and or PS fluid flush and will never do it, destroy your oil drain hole thread, strip \ stretch hub studs thread, forget to reinstall oil cap and spill oil all around, leave greasy fingerprints all over the car, scratch your door and list goes on and on.
Jan 8, 2019
62 posts
335 upvotes
i think people here be might be a bit dramatic. I've been going to the o'connor location for oil changes for years and occasional maintenance, and they've been consistently friendly and professional. never had any issues. Sure they try to sell you things you probably don't neeeeeed, but you can just politely say no. At the same time, they're not always lying. They point out things that could benefit your car, like when it's time to change breakpads, tire treads, flush some fluids. You'd be surprised how under maintained the average car is... Just take things with a grain of salt and get a second opinion if you're skeptical.

In my opinion, may be biased, but midas staff seem to be a bit better trained than the average workshop chain. But again, might be dependent on the location; check reviews.
Jan 4, 2014
99 posts
73 upvotes
Newmarket
Mariusic wrote: - $15 full synthetic 5L oil (purple Tech from WM, just as great as all other synthetics - check youtube if skeptic)
- $12 synthethic fram filter (good for 32k kms, I leave it for 2 cycles, as I change my synthethic oil every 12k kms, so 24k kms total)
- $0 labour (No rocket science unscrewing a nut and filter, then screw them back + pouring skills)

How you dispose oil?
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2037 posts
856 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Mariusic wrote: - $15 full synthetic 5L oil (purple Tech from WM, just as great as all other synthetics - check youtube if skeptic)

There's always THIS person who comes to comment on every oil change company thread.

If we all had the knowledge, time, patience then why would any of these places exist?
Jul 12, 2019
49 posts
64 upvotes
flyingnurse wrote: There's always THIS person who comes to comment on every oil change company thread.

If we all had the knowledge, time, patience then why would any of these places exist?
Instead of typing up this useless post you could have done something productive like watch a youtube video on how to change your oil.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2037 posts
856 upvotes
Brampton, ON
randapanda wrote: Instead of typing up this useless post you could have done something productive like watch a youtube video on how to change your oil.
Your post adds as much value to this thread as my post.

If anyone wants to change their oil on their own then why would they even bother to view this thread? I agree that changing your own oil is not rocket science but thats not the demographic who this post is aimed at.

Its the equivalent of a post about cheap apples at freshco and someone comes along to speak about growing apples.