• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2020 6:16 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 18, 2018
14 posts

Miele sales

Hi
My dishwasher just died...bad timing during a pandemic...

I am looking at Miele and Bosch. Im leaning towards Miele.

Miele have a sale on now for some models that has a discount and a 5 year warranty.

Anyone know if this is the best they will have this year and /or if the unboxed sales will come back once the pandemic restrictions are lifted?

Thanks
14 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15969 posts
13218 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
BEST time of year to buy a new appliance
https://www.moneycrashers.com/best-time ... ppliances/

That all said
One of the best places to shop = Costco

They only carry a handful of TOP RATED items

And they have incredible warranty, service & delivery

If Costco doesn’t have the model you want
Shop around
And look for deals / promos

Example .. Got a stove from Lowe’s on Black Friday
That came with shipping & old appliance haul away (installation would have been extra)
Great deal
BUT ... cuz I shopped around I found a place $ 5 cheaper (listed Stove SALE Price)
So Lowe’s beat it ... by 10%
All in ... I saved HUNDREDS of $$$ over the competition

Who would have charged more ...
Plus got me for Delivery + Haul Away
Awesome Deal !!!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1876 posts
1026 upvotes
OP if you look into hot deal section Miele (on their own site) is offering 10year warranty.

Not sure if dishwasher is included but it worth a look.
And possibly ask if you buy the dishwasher somewhere else to honour the extra warranty as well.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2621 posts
858 upvotes
lip3000 wrote: Hi
You are not alone, UGH
We just can't afford to replace it at this point...
[OP]
Aug 18, 2018
14 posts
jay-em wrote: OP if you look into hot deal section Miele (on their own site) is offering 10year warranty.

Not sure if dishwasher is included but it worth a look.
And possibly ask if you buy the dishwasher somewhere else to honour the extra warranty as well.
Thanks
Bad timing on my part.ughhh

Dealers don't have any control over pricing or warranty I think...they use Miele ordering system
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
6104 posts
2700 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
jay-em wrote: OP if you look into hot deal section Miele (on their own site) is offering 10year warranty.
That was for one day only? Current special is 5 year warranty (+ other things). The one-day promo code bumped up the warranty to 10 years.

Might be worth browsing through the website and/or call your local big high-end (or otherwise) appliance dealers for show room demos and discontinued models.

After I ordered the Miele, I did just that and saw a discontinued Thermador (fancy Bosch?) marked down from ~$2,800-ish to $1,100-ish. Could be a scratch & dent too. Didn't inquire further due to logistics involved.

If you are handy, you could always find someone giving away a DW (due to upgrading and giving it away rather than pay to have it hauled away or deal with disposing of it), install it and use it until you find the DW you want at the price you prefer to pay.
Images
  • Annotation 2020-04-18 093740.jpg
Last edited by thriftshopper on Apr 18th, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
[OP]
Aug 18, 2018
14 posts
thriftshopper wrote: That was for one day only? Current special is 5 year warranty (+ other things). The one-day promo code bumped up the warranty to 10 years.

Might be worth browsing through the website and/or call your local big high-end (or otherwise) appliance dealers for show room demos and discontinued models.

After I ordered the Miele, I did just that and saw a discontinued Thermador (fancy Bosch?) marked down from ~$2,800-ish to $1,100-ish. Could be a scratch & dent too. Didn't inquire further due to logistics involved.
Nothing on their site for 10 years and I tried stacking code and it didn't work.
Thanks though
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
6104 posts
2700 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
lip3000 wrote: Nothing on their site for 10 years and I tried stacking code and it didn't work.
Thanks though
It was a one-day promo code unfortunately
[OP]
Aug 18, 2018
14 posts
thriftshopper wrote: It was a one-day promo code unfortunately
Thanks
I signed up for the live event on dishwashers for Wednesday. Hopefully something then
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
6104 posts
2700 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
lip3000 wrote: Thanks
I signed up for the live event on dishwashers for Wednesday. Hopefully something then
You replied to my 2nd (previous post - No. 8) while I was editing it. Go have a look as there may be some useful info.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2621 posts
858 upvotes
thriftshopper wrote: If you are handy, you could always find someone giving away a DW (due to upgrading and giving it away rather than pay to have it hauled away or deal with disposing of it), install it and use it until you find the DW you want at the price you prefer to pay.
I would def. do this during "normal" times, at this point though when we try not to even hit the grocery store more than once every 2 weeks, it's a no go...
:/
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15064 posts
2646 upvotes
lip3000 wrote: Hi

I am looking at Miele and Bosch. Im leaning towards Miele.

Miele have a sale on now for some models that has a discount and a 5 year warranty.

Anyone know if this is the best they will have this year and /or if the unboxed sales will come back once the pandemic restrictions are lifted?

Thanks
How do you know it can not be repaired?
[OP]
Aug 18, 2018
14 posts
eldiablo wrote: How do you know it can not be repaired?
It's an old fisker paykel and I've already repaired the mainboard myself and the impeller motors twice....it's well over 10 years and parts are stupid expensive.
I'm done repairing this piece of s**t. The concept of a double drawer is great but the quality of these are terrible

My mother in law in Europe has had miele dishwashers last over 30 years and still working. I bought one a year before I moved out of my last house from Miele unboxed....I bought the top of the line at the time and it was awesome....miss it