• Dec 19th, 2006 2:54 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 28, 2002
557 posts
5 upvotes
GTA

Miga Korean Japanese restaurant in Missisauga

Okay so I went there last month for a friends birthday. It was my first time at the restaurant and thought I'd share my experiences with it.

There were about 10 people in our party, and although we eventually got seating we were waiting much longer than expected(20min) even though we did have reservations.

While the food overall was not bad, we had a very horrible waitress. She couldn't remember our drinks order(just for 1/2 the table), and had to run and grab a pen & paper. She also wrote down our dinner order.

I suppose the wait was the worst, and it took a long time for our order to come out( and we were the ones cooking the food lol). After over an hour of waiting for dishes we realized that the waitress had forgotten about three of them. 10 minutes later we tracked the manager down and told him. He brought the waitress, we explained that not all our orders had arrived and he apologized to us.

In the end we left still a bit hungry and a bit upset for waiting so long and for having to deal with such poor service.

I definitely won't be going back there again, instead spending my money on other restaurants where I know the service will be better, especially for the money spent.
6 replies
May 12, 2004
984 posts
244 upvotes
Perhaps a new waitress? I've ate at Miga twice and both times have been good. Of course when I went it was never in a large party of 10.
Fragle wrote: Okay so I went there last month for a friends birthday. It was my first time at the restaurant and thought I'd share my experiences with it.

There were about 10 people in our party, and although we eventually got seating we were waiting much longer than expected(20min) even though we did have reservations.

While the food overall was not bad, we had a very horrible waitress. She couldn't remember our drinks order(just for 1/2 the table), and had to run and grab a pen & paper. She also wrote down our dinner order.

I suppose the wait was the worst, and it took a long time for our order to come out( and we were the ones cooking the food lol). After over an hour of waiting for dishes we realized that the waitress had forgotten about three of them. 10 minutes later we tracked the manager down and told him. He brought the waitress, we explained that not all our orders had arrived and he apologized to us.

In the end we left still a bit hungry and a bit upset for waiting so long and for having to deal with such poor service.

I definitely won't be going back there again, instead spending my money on other restaurants where I know the service will be better, especially for the money spent.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2006
1855 posts
340 upvotes
Miga is over priced for Korean food, but its one of the few Korean BBQ places in sauga so its good lol.
Opinions posted are that of my own and do not reflect that of any organization.

GTA AYCE Sushi Guide

What is a marriage if not an opportunity to mock someone through thick and thin while simultaneously exploring your deepest, darkest sexual desires - Californication.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2006
2941 posts
50 upvotes
I prefer Doori on Creditview, south of Burnhamthorpe. It's pure meat, but you still get rice and the Korean appetizers to start :cheesygri And it's the same price as an entree at Miga pretty much!
Sep 9, 2006
95 posts
2 upvotes
Miga has good food there, but as prev. said, the wait time is too long and it's pricy too.

didn't know about Doori, gonna try it out.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2006
1855 posts
340 upvotes
Doori is owned by the same people that own Miga. Service is way worse but they offer AYCE. Its pricy compared to other AYCE Korean BBQ places in the GTA. Doori's lunch is 12-14$ i think and dinner is in the 20$ range.
Opinions posted are that of my own and do not reflect that of any organization.

GTA AYCE Sushi Guide

What is a marriage if not an opportunity to mock someone through thick and thin while simultaneously exploring your deepest, darkest sexual desires - Californication.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2006
2941 posts
50 upvotes
True, that Doori's service is horrible compared to Miga. They only come around to check on you once every 15-20minutes, but their limited English is compensated by their positive attitude.

As for the prices, IIRC, Lunch is around $12.99 and Dinner is around 15.99 on weekdays. Not too sure about the weekends. May go this week if I'm not going to my friend's restaurant in Markham for some free hotpot :cheesygri

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)