Cell Phones

Migration BYOD Plans (Fido/Rogers/Virgin/Bell) ($30/2GB) ($40/6GB) ($50/8GB) New activation YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2020 5:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11684 posts
101355 upvotes
Ontario

Migration BYOD Plans (Fido/Rogers/Virgin/Bell) ($30/2GB) ($40/6GB) ($50/8GB) New activation YMMV

Ask your local stores if they can get you the migration plans. Only dealers can do it since it is against the company's policy.

Virgin/Bell = My local store offered to me. $0 activation fee but I need to pay a $35 change number fee.

Rogers = went to Lansdowne and they can offer it BUT SUPER SHADY. The manager with glasses and a man bun or man tail bun told me it's an "Friends and Family"plan but they charge $50 fee. Need to pay in cash. lol

Fido = A Chinese dealer was offering this promo through a radio ad.

Costco (wireless etc) = The rep was able to offer me this plan but only if I activate 2 lines. $35 activation fee/line

You can also try Tbooth & Wireless waves since they are the same as Wireless ETC. These 3 companies have the worst sales rep ever. They're like car salesmen.
They will lie to you to get more money from you. (IE: need to activate 2 lines to get this promo. Give you lots of free accessories and Applecare but actually using all your gift cards.

Migration plans are only available to prepaid customers that want to switch to postpaid. They need to be on the prepaid plan for at least 30 days before they can switch
Instead of paying $10 sim, $10 monthly fee and wait 30 days. You can simply try your luck and ask your local stores. October is a slow month so some reps are willing to do it for you without charging "extra fees"

Migration Plans

$30-2GB
$40-6GB
$50-8GB

- UNLIMITED CANADA WIDE CALLS/TEXTS
- CALLER ID/VOICEMAIL
- ROAM LIKE HOME

I just activated one at Virgin. The rep said I can try calling the call centre to waive the $35 number change fee.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Costco |June 27 - July 31| 116 pics| 1 month promo
5 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2699 posts
441 upvotes
Toronto
Wish they had larger plans for migration like 60$ 10/12gb
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1850 posts
546 upvotes
ORLEANS
Any other stores in Ottawa do this?
Dec 7, 2018
124 posts
634 upvotes
Do you think the reps would be willing to add unlimited throttled data to the plan? Then I'd be willing to switch.
Feb 29, 2020
227 posts
68 upvotes
The Winback or the in-market Price Plans?!?!
thejackson5 wrote: Do you think the reps would be willing to add unlimited throttled data to the plan? Then I'd be willing to switch.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)