Expired Hot Deals

Mike's Computer Shop

Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT Wireless Over-Ear Headphones $179.99

Mar 5, 2007
431 posts
288 upvotes
Ninja15 wrote: I'm guessing that's $249 USD??
Yeah, that's kind of a weird pick; the GW100 v2s are, like, $330 CAD; totally different price bracket than the M50xBTs. Plus, they're open-back. If you're pushing into the $300-$400 price bracket, there are arguably way better cans than the GW100s.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5179 posts
1942 upvotes
Kitchener
I snooze, I lose.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Jan 18, 2008
117 posts
36 upvotes
jetenginejesus wrote: Yeah, that's kind of a weird pick; the GW100 v2s are, like, $330 CAD; totally different price bracket than the M50xBTs. Plus, they're open-back. If you're pushing into the $300-$400 price bracket, there are arguably way better cans than the GW100s.
OP asked for wireless, open back, with a mic. If you know of "way better" cans than the GW100 that fit the criteria, please post. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
Nov 21, 2017
274 posts
274 upvotes
Has anyone received a confirmation that the order is ready for pick up yet?
Aug 17, 2006
447 posts
392 upvotes
Parrajara wrote: thank you, I appreciate your input.. this hunt for headphones seems never ending. Between my gf and I, we tried 3 different models, 2 Sony and 1 bose and they all had flaws we just couldn't put up with. I was happy with my RC7 monsters but without the wireless function the cord has inconvenienced my workout way too many times.
Which Bose? Did you try the Soundlink 2 Headphones? I own these...goes over ears. But if you shake around may fall off depending on fit. I would not buy these at full price but when on sale if not considered. They could be tried on at the stores if open.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1020 posts
1083 upvotes
jammin825 wrote: Which Bose? Did you try the Soundlink 2 Headphones? I own these...goes over ears. But if you shake around may fall off depending on fit. I would not buy these at full price but when on sale if not considered. They could be tried on at the stores if open.
I can't remember tbh, but I think it could have been the Soundlink 2. I see it's probably worth nothing that by "endless hunt", I meant picking up headphones with good feedback from RFDrs, that were on sale for around $200 - seems to be a decent price point for good headphones. That's why I say I'm not picky. I look for what I want, which is wireless, over the ear/on ear, aux capability, and decent enough audio. I didn't think 3/3 headphones would be shitty compared to what I've had before for even less money. Also can't remember what I had before, some older Sony headphones. I'm probably in the wrong thread, as my carelessness for headphones may trigger some people. Just wanted to find a pair that I can workout in and that meets the characteristics I've mentioned, was hoping these would have been the ones.
Mar 5, 2007
431 posts
288 upvotes
Adabisi wrote: OP asked for wireless, open back, with a mic. If you know of "way better" cans than the GW100 that fit the criteria, please post. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
Ah, gotcha. Totally missed that somehow, thought you were touting them as an alt. for the M50xBTs
Sep 23, 2010
84 posts
33 upvotes
Received mine yesterday and have been playing around with them straight out of the box.

I noticed this morning while connected via bluetooth to my PC that the sound was sort of "empty", as if layers were missing. (Forgive the non-technical terms, I know audiophiles likely have the proper terminology).

Anyways, I plugged in the 3.5mm to see if there was a difference and it was night and day. I will test the bluetooth connection with a few other devices to see if there is always such a big difference. I expected some improvement when wired, but not that drastic. Regardless, the sound when plugged in is beautiful, and they are a comfortable set of headphones. Overall very pleased and impressed with them so far.
Nov 21, 2018
92 posts
64 upvotes
Markham
I received mine at the end of last week but only got the chance to try them out now.

Noise Isolation isn't great. With music that has a fair amount of noise it's not so bad, but there is definitely less isolation than I hoped for. In an open concept office you would hear muffled leakage. I bought these primarily for home office since my partner is on the phone most of the day, and I can still hear some 'inflection' in the conversation.

The sound quality is fine, but not stellar, in my opinion. I am comparing this to Bose QC35ii, Kef Q150 speakers, and the audio in my car (Harman-tuned). The highs are a bit piercing and fatiguing. The mids and lows are there, but not particularly clear. Imaging/soundstage is poor, the sound presents itself right at the ear and there isn't much clarity between elements. I have tried both wired and wireless. I have also tried to play with EQ, and can't seem to find a setting that takes away the shrill-ness of the highs without muffling them.

Overall, perhaps it is just my ear, but I am not particularly impressed by these, especially at the price. I do like the portability and battery life, but the sound quality is lacking.

If anyone missed the deal and is interested in picking them up from me in markham area, let me know. Otherwise I will be sending them back to Hamilton.