Hot Deals

[Mike's Computer Shop] (OOS) SAPPHIRE PULSE RADEON RX 5600 XT for $384.99 all time low

Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26912 posts
7194 upvotes
HailHydra wrote: According to leaks they'll have cards that perform as good as the 2080ti for around 400 USD. From both team red and green.

Prices gonna drop so much when new stuff comes out. Check out Moore's Law Is Broken on YouTube.
LOL I guess someone has forgotten scAMD's Polaris fiasco. Not to mention Nvidia also always has some "asterisk" to their performance increase claims. When they said a 1070 was "faster than two 980s in SLI" prior to launch the catch was they meant in VR. When the Turing/RTX 20xx cards were being hyped up prior to launch they had some huge performance increase numbers too...in raytracing/RTX performance. So whatever other gains they're talking about now (I haven't looked into, couldn't be bothered these days), take them with a grain of salt because there is probably some "fine print" to those claims.

Also $400 USD will end up being about $600 CAD, a good bit more than this. I say it's a good deal for a 5600 XT.
kimwoobingsu wrote: If that's true then this is the "wait for next gen" that I have been waiting for since the GTX 980.
Wait for Kaby Lake!
Sep 19, 2017
663 posts
521 upvotes
Moncton
Looks like a pretty decent price on a decent card. Don't hesitate too long if you're on the fence though... when I checked this morning the site was claiming something like "only 16 left at this price".
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4302 posts
1662 upvotes
Ancaster
kimwoobingsu wrote: If that's true then this is the "wait for next gen" that I have been waiting for since the GTX 980.

It usually goes like this:
"Wait for next gen, its a couple months away.".

Next gen comes out, prices are still high.

"Only reference cards/ blower designs right now, wait for 3rd party"

Third party comes out, prices for last gen and current gen are still high

"Super/ Ti models coming out soon, wait till then"

Waits till then, everything is still expensive

Rinse and repeat
It's like posters in this thread have never done the GPU rodeo before...
Jul 21, 2011
701 posts
562 upvotes
Knowhere
Black screen black screen black screen!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4302 posts
1662 upvotes
Ancaster
lightmeup wrote: Black screen black screen black screen!
? My 5700 has been rock solid. It also idles at 30 C and hasn't gone over 56 C at load.
Dec 29, 2013
746 posts
429 upvotes
Montr
I don’t mind buying a card now, except that I’m curious about ray tracing and the gtx 20xx are out of budget
Dec 22, 2012
39 posts
8 upvotes
Burnaby
Don't wait! If it a good deal and you want it get it. I've followed threads with wait until "Next Gen is a month away" "Prices will drop when next gen is out" and have missed out on some nice deals. High/mid Videocard market is always hot they don't drop by munch and if they do your waiting 3 years and buying outdated stuff. Like me!! I picked up a RX 580 Aorus a few months back... Waited year+ for the next gen price drop...
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2607 posts
2938 upvotes
Desperadude wrote: I don’t mind buying a card now, except that I’m curious about ray tracing and the gtx 20xx are out of budget
buy a card you know you can flip if the rtx ones are better for you.
i was building a computer last week got a gtx 1060 6gb on ebay for 135.00. i will easily sell this for that same price.
but this one it will be a bit harder to sell at this price, the value is also in the games if you know you would like these games.
Feb 27, 2011
970 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
Is it possible to flash this graphics card for use with a classic Mac Pro? I searched on some forums and am reading conflicting comments on the flashing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)