Mike's Computer Shop

OPEN BOX LIKE NEW MCSPC RYZEN 3 Bare Bones PC $300.00

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2020 10:56 pm
Jun 9, 2012
470 posts
318 upvotes
Vancouver
andyhejob wrote: this deal has expired, still want to know, can the onboard video card do 4k 60Hz regular movie watching?
There is no onboard video card. You need to upgrade to the R3 2200G at minimum if you want video output without a separate GPU.

If you did do the upgrade, it should have no problems with playing videos at 4k at 60hz. Vega iGPUs are better than intel iGPUs in terms of rendering, just not encoding for some reason.
Oct 29, 2007
534 posts
46 upvotes
BigBrother0 wrote: There is no onboard video card. You need to upgrade to the R3 2200G at minimum if you want video output without a separate GPU.

If you did do the upgrade, it should have no problems with playing videos at 4k at 60hz. Vega iGPUs are better than intel iGPUs in terms of rendering, just not encoding for some reason.
thanks for your reply, I google and find a page, it looks the MSI B350 HDMI support 4k, not sure about 60Hz though
https://www.wootware.co.za/msi-b350-tom ... board.html

I just watch some 1080p sports video, and use computer to work, seldom do video games, hopefully this level of PC is good for me, will try to catch one next time.
Jun 9, 2012
470 posts
318 upvotes
Vancouver
andyhejob wrote: thanks for your reply, I google and find a page, it looks the MSI B350 HDMI support 4k, not sure about 60Hz though
https://www.wootware.co.za/msi-b350-tom ... board.html

I just watch some 1080p sports video, and use computer to work, seldom do video games, hopefully this level of PC is good for me, will try to catch one next time.
That fact sheet only looks at A-series CPUs, Ryzen G series CPUs have Vega GPUs built into them. Those GPUs can display 60 Hz at 4K if you are wondering. I actually have a 3200G with Vega 8 iGPU running on a Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 motherboard.

Don't bother with gaming on an iGPU, it's not enough for new games. At best you could probably play games at 720 resolution, but it'll probably be at 30fps which isn't a good experience for fast paced games.