None
[OP]
Feb 14, 2012
946 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto

Milwaukee 2 pack tape measure - $19.98

Home Depot - 2pack milwaukee tape measure - $19.98

Noticed these on special buy at home depot. 2 pack is less than the price of the single. Comes in both metric/imperial and imperial. As a carpenter, i go through 3-4 tape measures a year and these have been my favorite. Not as thick as fatmax and the belt clip is a wire clip, does not cut your pockets if youre like me and clip it there instead of your belt.
34 replies
Oct 15, 2008
151 posts
105 upvotes
thanks for the post, mind telling us where the deal is?
[OP]
Feb 14, 2012
946 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
DLabel wrote: thanks for the post, mind telling us where the deal is?
sorry, updated with more info.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2006
1088 posts
469 upvotes
Ottawa
Saw these on display last week for > $30 and passed.

At this price I might reconsider.
McDealer: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees.
Wolfman: Holy s*** , it's McDealer!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
7958 posts
5959 upvotes
Kitchener
It's too bad these are the lower end tape measures. The other ones Milwaukee sells are awesome! I believe the $30 2 pack contains one of each.

That being said, these are still nicer than 95% of tape measures on the market.
Nov 1, 2006
34 posts
142 upvotes
Barrie
My dad always said "measure twice, cut once". I don't think he meant to use two different tape measures though.
Apr 2, 2009
902 posts
189 upvotes
Markham
OctaneChicken wrote: Unfortunately the 2 pack is only imperial.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most construction items measured in imperial and not metric?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3743 posts
3431 upvotes
Muskoka
Call me old-school but I try and make sure I get imperial on both sides of the tape.
Jun 19, 2012
8 posts
CHAMBLY
Josecc wrote: Home Depot - 2pack milwaukee tape measure - $19.98

Noticed these on special buy at home depot. 2 pack is less than the price of the single. Comes in both metric/imperial and imperial. As a carpenter, i go through 3-4 tape measures a year and these have been my favorite. Not as thick as fatmax and the belt clip is a wire clip, does not cut your pockets if youre like me and clip it there instead of your belt.
Do you have a SKU?
[OP]
Feb 14, 2012
946 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
OctaneChicken wrote: Unfortunately the 2 pack is only imperial.
Actually the have metric with imperial as well. Most construction use imperial but some use a combination. I myself find it easier to use metric because fractions are hard heheh.

Another note, they were not located at the tape measure rack, but in the section where the special buys usually are.
[OP]
Feb 14, 2012
946 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
IntrepidRT wrote: It's too bad these are the lower end tape measures. The other ones Milwaukee sells are awesome! I believe the $30 2 pack contains one of each.

That being said, these are still nicer than 95% of tape measures on the market.
Lower end milwaukee? Ive been buying milwaukee for a couple years and these are the top tape meausures they have. The only other style they have is the magnetic tip.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2006
1446 posts
309 upvotes
Josecc wrote: Actually the have metric with imperial as well. Most construction use imperial but some use a combination. I myself find it easier to use metric because fractions are hard heheh.

Another note, they were not located at the tape measure rack, but in the section where the special buys usually are.
Odd the ones I saw were all imperial (noted by the 25ft on the tape), didn't see any 8m, or 26ft/8m.
I'll have to take a look again.
May 27, 2008
327 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
spotts01 wrote: Call me old-school but I try and make sure I get imperial on both sides of the tape.
I am the same.
Josecc wrote: Actually the have metric with imperial as well. Most construction use imperial but some use a combination. I myself find it easier to use metric because fractions are hard heheh. ...
I don't do tape measure required jobs for a living but do a lot around the house. This is my current 'main' tape: https://www.amazon.ca/Komelon-SM5416-Gr ... rds=SM5416

As a child of the metric taught generation this style I found earlier in my DIY would help 'count'. Now I keep going back as it's a quick look vs. count. Still not as easy math as 2+2 though for sure.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2006
1446 posts
309 upvotes
Just went to HD. I was wrong.
They do have the 26ft/8m ones too

Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
1246 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
My 2 pack has can and inch. The metal head does shift slightly up and down so u gotta be careful
[OP]
Feb 14, 2012
946 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
thanks for posting the ss, was trying to update one up...but my phone wasnt cooperating.
[OP]
Feb 14, 2012
946 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
porchemasi wrote: My 2 pack has can and inch. The metal head does shift slightly up and down so u gotta be careful
Uhmm that metal head is supposed to in and out. If you notice the shift is exactly the thickness of the metal tip, that way if you measure by hooking, you get the same result as measure pushing up against the end (ie pushing the tip into something).
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
1246 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
Josecc wrote: Uhmm that metal head is supposed to in and out. If you notice the shift is exactly the thickness of the metal tip, that way if you measure by hooking, you get the same result as measure pushing up against the end (ie pushing the tip into something).

ah! that makes sense :)