• Feb 25th, 2021 5:00 pm
[OP]
Nov 13, 2007
499 posts
238 upvotes
Montreal

Milwaukee M18 10" Mitre Saw

Hi Everone,

So I missed the deal last time where HD was selling the M18 10" mitre saw late last year and was wondering if anyone had any insight if:

1) when it'll be back at roughly that price.
2) there is literally NO STOCK in any HD store and was curious as to why that is. Is Milwaukee retiring that model (2016 release I believe) and coming out with a new and hopefully improved on several aspects (dust collection, head deflection to name a few) of their M18 10" mitre saw? Would that explain why the saw was 399 at HD as they wanted to clear out inventory?
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
9961 posts
5246 upvotes
Paris
ol' dirty ewok wrote: So I missed the deal last time where HD was selling the M18 10" mitre saw late last year and was wondering if anyone had any insight if:

1) when it'll be back at roughly that price.
2) there is literally NO STOCK in any HD store and was curious as to why that is. Is Milwaukee retiring that model (2016 release I believe) and coming out with a new and hopefully improved on several aspects (dust collection, head deflection to name a few) of their M18 10" mitre saw? Would that explain why the saw was 399 at HD as they wanted to clear out inventory?
Milwaukee typically brings out new tools every 2-3 years, so expect a new model soon. As for stock, they are having some serious issues with stuff same as everyone else. Plus, the sales increase this year has been bananas.
Jun 26, 2019
966 posts
710 upvotes
ol' dirty ewok wrote: 1) when it'll be back at roughly that price.
As Jerico said there have been crazy supply issues this year, and will probably continue for a bit.
ol' dirty ewok wrote: 2) there is literally NO STOCK in any HD store and was curious as to why that is. Is Milwaukee retiring that model (2016 release I believe) and coming out with a new and hopefully improved on several aspects (dust collection, head deflection to name a few) of their M18 10" mitre saw? Would that explain why the saw was 399 at HD as they wanted to clear out inventory?
$399 or $449 was the regular price for the bare tool IIRC.

Also, any reason why you're specifically going with the 10"? I have the cordless 10" Makita and the cordless 12" Dewalt, and the dewalt gets far more use usually just due to cutting capacity. Ultimately it just depends on what your uses are for it, but I think the additional capacity is always nice to have.
[OP]
Nov 13, 2007
499 posts
238 upvotes
Montreal
SubjectivelyObjective wrote: As Jerico said there have been crazy supply issues this year, and will probably continue for a bit.

$399 or $449 was the regular price for the bare tool IIRC.

Also, any reason why you're specifically going with the 10"? I have the cordless 10" Makita and the cordless 12" Dewalt, and the dewalt gets far more use usually just due to cutting capacity. Ultimately it just depends on what your uses are for it, but I think the additional capacity is always nice to have.
I believe the reg. price of that saw tool only is 650$ at least thats what I remmeber seeing in the flyer. though the price may have been inflated at the time. However other canadian websites also show roughly that same ~$600 price just for the tool. Kit is in the $800 range.

As for the reason, simply because I want to keep the same battery ecosystem. 12" is too large for my space, and 7 1/4 is a little too small cut capacity. Though the 7 1/4 got good reviews, is of a different design and came out 2 years or so after the 10". So i was hoping Milwaukee would redesign the 10" and fix the issues with the current design.
Jun 26, 2019
966 posts
710 upvotes
ol' dirty ewok wrote: I believe the reg. price of that saw tool only is 650$ at least thats what I remmeber seeing in the flyer. though the price may have been inflated at the time. However other canadian websites also show roughly that same ~$600 price just for the tool. Kit is in the $800 range.

As for the reason, simply because I want to keep the same battery ecosystem. 12" is too large for my space, and 7 1/4 is a little too small cut capacity. Though the 7 1/4 got good reviews, is of a different design and came out 2 years or so after the 10". So i was hoping Milwaukee would redesign the 10" and fix the issues with the current design.
Perhaps I was thinking of the HD price or maybe a Milwaukee one day deal flyer.

Do elite tools or whoever have good one day sales over there? Around here Atlas and Sauga have really good one day sales for great prices, tons of free batteries and swag. However, none of that has happened since the start of covid. Have been some scaled down online deals, but they were mediocre at best.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2009
1604 posts
292 upvotes
Just out of curiosity why do want a battery operated Miter saw? What is the benefit?
Jun 26, 2019
966 posts
710 upvotes
rotjong wrote: Just out of curiosity why do want a battery operated Miter saw? What is the benefit?
Can use it or set it up anywhere, more power, no cords to trip over, if you go to someone's house you don't have to worry about plugging your mitre saw and vac into the same circuit and popping it.

Probably some more but that's just off the top of my head.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2009
1604 posts
292 upvotes
SubjectivelyObjective wrote: Can use it or set it up anywhere, more power, no cords to trip over, if you go to someone's house you don't have to worry about plugging your mitre saw and vac into the same circuit and popping it.

Probably some more but that's just off the top of my head.
Fair enough, but you still need power to charge the battery, I have a 15amp Rigid, and a shop vac never popped a breaker. plus a corded is quite a bit cheaper when the battery pack gets weak they are not cheap to replace, just my thought.
Jun 26, 2019
966 posts
710 upvotes
rotjong wrote: Fair enough, but you still need power to charge the battery, I have a 15amp Rigid, and a shop vac never popped a breaker. plus a corded is quite a bit cheaper when the battery pack gets weak they are not cheap to replace, just my thought.
They are all valid points. If the saw was just going to mostly live in your shop you can go corded.

Also, the dewalt flexvolt has a adapter so you can just plug it in, but I can honestly say I have no idea where mine is and I have never used it.
[OP]
Nov 13, 2007
499 posts
238 upvotes
Montreal
rotjong wrote: Just out of curiosity why do want a battery operated Miter saw? What is the benefit?
1) I plan to build a mobile station to install the saw on and wheel it out to my yard or driveway so I won't have to worry too much about dust. I also don't have a garage.

2) because of the first reason battery would be better suited rather than unfurling 50-100ft cable everytime I need to use the saw and then tying it back up.

3) I'm cutting the power cord where I can. So much more convenient. I was ecstatic when my electric lawn mower died after 10 years. Worked marvelous during that time, except when I let the grass get out of control, and it had a hard time keeping up. Bought an EGO mower and never looked back, so much more power than my 13A mower and bigger cut capacity. (i also try to keep away from gas where it makes sense like lawn and garden equipment, cars in qc). Living in QC gas prices are higher and electricity is cheap
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
9961 posts
5246 upvotes
Paris
I think nearly all of them now are dual voltage… Battery or you can plug in a cord. I have a number of much cheaper things that do that now, like a fan, super bright light, lawnmower.

A long extension cord should be rated for a 15amp saw. I have a junk one that I have used and it gets hot. For contractors, the ability to set up anywhere is awesome. Saying that “you still need to charge the batteries” is like saying “but you still need to put gas in your car”. You charge batteries and put gas in when convenient for you.