Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Mini PC - Windows 8.1 - XBMC box with wireless touch Keyboard

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2015 2:19 pm
[OP]
Feb 27, 2008
302 posts
108 upvotes
calgary

Mini PC - Windows 8.1 - XBMC box with wireless touch Keyboard

Deal Link:
Price:
103.21 US
Use Promo code: BP1 so some more $ off

comes to $103.21
free standard shipping
and around $4 for 5 - 7 day express shipping.

W8 Wifi 2.4GHz Wireless Mini Touch Keyboard Mouse for Windows 8 Accessory
and
Beelink POCKET P1 TV Box Smart 1080P Intel Z3735F Genuine Windows 8.1 Quad Core WiFi Bluetooth 4.0 2GB RAM 32GB ROM Support HDMI TF Card USB3.0 Input ( AC 100 - 240V / EU Plug )

Price is great and reviews are good for someone who is looking to hook up this to TV plus do web browsing and word editing..

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=227006
62 replies
Dec 20, 2006
465 posts
281 upvotes
Very tempting, as I've been looking at getting an HP Stream Mini to serve as a Kodi box but am balking at the price. Would be curious to hear people's experiences with the Beelink. It's not upgradable like the Stream and only offers wi-fi, but at this price that becomes less of an issue.

One thing that worries me from the review you linked to is the Windows licensing skepticism, especially since we're on the cusp of Windows 10 being rolled out.

I'm also not sure about the price you've posted. When I adjusted the site to Canadian dollars, put it in my cart, and applied the code, I got a total of $132.53.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1310 posts
1186 upvotes
Hongcouver
I have a huge problem with all these "mini PC". I bought a china made one a few months ago, and it worked very well..... until something went wrong, and now there is an error when I boot and I am stuck on the screen. There are no reset buttons on all these mini-PC and it doesn't come with a format USB or something similar, so what do you do when the product needs a format?
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Dec 20, 2006
465 posts
281 upvotes
DealPanda wrote: I have a huge problem with all these "mini PC". I bought a china made one a few months ago, and it worked very well..... until something went wrong, and now there is an error when I boot and I am stuck on the screen. There are no reset buttons on all these mini-PC and it doesn't come with a format USB or something similar, so what do you do when the product needs a format?
Yes, that's certainly a concern of mine as well. I think when it comes to ordering these types of devices from places like ******** and Geekbuying, you have to accept that if things go wrong, you're pretty much hooped. It's why I almost wonder if I'd be better off getting the Stream Mini, but it's still hard to justify when it also costs almost twice as much as the Beelink.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1206 posts
567 upvotes
Montreal
The combo with promo code is $129.26 CAD.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2013
1242 posts
551 upvotes
Chambly, QC
Sounds to good to be true.
Pictures sounds like computer renderized model, not like real photo of an existing product...
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10552 upvotes
Oakville
nurddin wrote: Use Promo code: BP1 so some more $ off

comes to $103.21
free standard shipping
and around $4 for 5 - 7 day express shipping.
Note that if you pay for 5-7 day express shipping, it'll be coming DHL. Which means that you'll also get dinged for taxes and DHL fees when it arrives. Depending on the declared value, this will be anywhere from 20-30 bucks due on delivery.
RobertRabbit wrote: Sounds to good to be true.
Pictures sounds like computer renderized model, not like real photo of an existing product...
You can see people holding it in the videos on the page.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10552 upvotes
Oakville
Wizard1 wrote: Yeah.... Get the Pipo x8 dual boot Windows 8.1 and Android 4.4.4 instead.
It's on sale for $118 for the 64gb version
The only thing with the Pipo is that it might be annoying with the screen, unless there's a way to turn it off.

BUT, the Pipo has 10/100 ethernet, that this one doesn't have. Though this one has a built in battery, which the Pipo doesn't have. Dilemmas, dilemmas.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
2952 posts
4344 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just get the FIRE TV people. Drive down south and grab some FIRE TV's and chicken wings.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1206 posts
567 upvotes
Montreal
To each is own but the Beelink looks way better. Small and slick, easily concealable, which is much better than this Pipo when used as a set-top box. The Pipo's form factor is just so weird, if not outright cheap and ugly. And I see no point for a screen in most use cases.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8661 posts
3834 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
No wired Ethernet. Dealbreaker for me.
May 10, 2015
296 posts
232 upvotes
Orillia, ON
I got an hp stream mini desktop for streaming, it was around $219 a while back, with education discount was around $198 I think plus tax. Also came with $25 windows store credit. I popped in another 4 gigs of ram, its an awesome little streaming/play anything box, also is my plex media server. Spent a little more but it should last me a while. The chinese no-name boxes make me a little nervous.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
ryecatcher wrote: Very tempting, as I've been looking at getting an HP Stream Mini to serve as a Kodi box but am balking at the price. Would be curious to hear people's experiences with the Beelink. It's not upgradable like the Stream and only offers wi-fi, but at this price that becomes less of an issue.

One thing that worries me from the review you linked to is the Windows licensing skepticism, especially since we're on the cusp of Windows 10 being rolled out.

I'm also not sure about the price you've posted. When I adjusted the site to Canadian dollars, put it in my cart, and applied the code, I got a total of $132.53.
He posted $103.21 US.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6830 posts
3152 upvotes
Canada
The pipo might be great to setup by your TV .... You don't need any other kbds or controller lying around. Walk up to it, tap your movie ... done. Kind of like the concept of it ... or mounting a car, etc.

Either device looks pretty cool.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2012
1310 posts
663 upvotes
EDMONTON
ryawesome wrote: The chinese no-name boxes make me a little nervous.
I have a Pipo X7 and a Pipo X8 from ******** and don't have any problems so far, except I don't know how to turn off the screen in the X8.
Quitter
Nov 22, 2012
232 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
ryawesome wrote: I got an hp stream mini desktop for streaming, it was around $219 a while back, with education discount was around $198 I think plus tax. Also came with $25 windows store credit. I popped in another 4 gigs of ram, its an awesome little streaming/play anything box, also is my plex media server. Spent a little more but it should last me a while. The chinese no-name boxes make me a little nervous.
Absolutely agree. I had the same debate, and was looking at android boxes, then Chinese Windows based ones.. in the end i just didn't have the confidence in the product. I ended up getting the HP stream mini when it was on sale a few weeks ago @195 from HP directly. It's been great. super smooth streaming (online & from my network HD), has Ethernet or wifi, and runs Kodi well... And i haven't upgraded the RAM yet.

Now i just gotta get a remote, or a wireless keyboard and i'll be set.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1206 posts
567 upvotes
Montreal
raspeed wrote: The pipo might be great to setup by your TV .... You don't need any other kbds or controller lying around. Walk up to it, tap your movie ... done. Kind of like the concept of it ... or mounting a car, etc.

Either device looks pretty cool.
If you are running Kodi/XBMC, just download the app for your phone and use it as remote. No need to walk up to tap to change movies, fast-forward, etc. That's just a pain. So, IMHO, the screen is often pointless.
May 10, 2015
296 posts
232 upvotes
Orillia, ON
excellent3 wrote: Absolutely agree. I had the same debate, and was looking at android boxes, then Chinese Windows based ones.. in the end i just didn't have the confidence in the product. I ended up getting the HP stream mini when it was on sale a few weeks ago @195 from HP directly. It's been great. super smooth streaming (online & from my network HD), has Ethernet or wifi, and runs Kodi well... And i haven't upgraded the RAM yet.

Now i just gotta get a remote, or a wireless keyboard and i'll be set.
I got the logitech k40 for around $20 a while back. It's decent enough, keyboard with built in touchpad, but there was a microsoft one a few weeks ago for around $25 that apparently is a lot nicer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)