Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 28, 2012
957 posts
337 upvotes
QC

Mini/short skirts/dresses and being self-conscious

Why do women bother wearing short/mini skirts and dresses if it makes them self-conscious about it and feel the need to hold it down frequently when walking, sitting, on stairs/escalators or when it's windy ?

I would just either NOT wear a short/mini dress/skirt, or assume it and accept that it is a mini and it may show more skin/underwear
37 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21190 posts
10651 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I'd just like to go on the record and say that, quite frankly, it's appalling that women in this day and age would want to objectify themselves by wearing such revealing clothing.

Every time I see it I'm shocked and appalled.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6705 posts
3754 upvotes
Aurora
Marilyn Monroe did it with astounding success over a subway grate. An effective way to look sexy when there's a slight chance to reveal more to the target audience, even though you they really don't intend on doing so. I think it just projects more sex appeal.
[OP]
Apr 28, 2012
957 posts
337 upvotes
QC
DiceMan wrote: Marilyn Monroe did it with astounding success over a subway grate. An effective way to look sexy when there's a slight chance to reveal more to the target audience, even though you they really don't intend on doing so. I think it just projects more sex appeal.
So you're suggesting that skirt shouldn't be held down, unless buttocks/panties become clearly visible ?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1146 posts
145 upvotes
Calgary
Flitox wrote: Why do women bother wearing short/mini skirts and dresses if it makes them self-conscious about it and feel the need to hold it down frequently when walking, sitting, on stairs/escalators or when it's windy ?

I would just either NOT wear a short/mini dress/skirt, or assume it and accept that it is a mini and it may show more skin/underwear
You are asking to explain the female mindset and logic system. You might as well try to explain the origin of the universe.
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
11846 posts
2277 upvotes
Toronto
I agree. Sick and twisted.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9532 posts
3803 upvotes
Toronto
i'd to like to a dress this situation but i think i'll make it short and skirt the issue.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1762 posts
293 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote: i'd to like to a dress this situation but i think i'll make it short and skirt the issue.
???
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9532 posts
3803 upvotes
Toronto
Kherani wrote: Woosh
haha
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Penalty Box
Oct 8, 2005
5618 posts
1353 upvotes
Flitox wrote: Why do women bother wearing short/mini skirts and dresses if it makes them self-conscious about it and feel the need to hold it down frequently when walking, sitting, on stairs/escalators or when it's windy ?

The answer:

Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6705 posts
3754 upvotes
Aurora
Flitox wrote: So you're suggesting that skirt shouldn't be held down, unless buttocks/panties become clearly visible ?
No, skirts should be held down. I don't think many women would let it blow up all in the the wind. But the chance of a gust blowing a skirt up and needed to be held down adds a bit to the overall sex appeal that they may be going for.
Penalty Box
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
418 upvotes
Toronto
Who cares, you can't see panties anyways, women always wear ugly shorts under those miniskirts.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13528 posts
2334 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Flitox wrote: Why do women bother wearing...
They bother because they are making an effort to change up their outfits. If one is used to wearing dresses, short skirts, etc. all the time, then it is like second-nature knowing what u need to do to prep for it. Once it is second nature, then the self-consciousness melts away.
[OP]
Apr 28, 2012
957 posts
337 upvotes
QC
Gammatron wrote: Who cares, you can't see panties anyways, women always wear ugly shorts under those miniskirts.
There is a considerable portion that goes commando