Expired Hot Deals

Free $2.00 CDN digital currency (backed by the Mint)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2016 1:19 pm
[OP]
Dec 10, 2010
165 posts
138 upvotes
Mississauga

Free $2.00 CDN digital currency (backed by the Mint)

Deal Link:
Price:
MintChip just launched today in Canada which is a digital currency backed by the Canadian Mint. You will be able to use it to send and receive payments and use it as a currency at stores.

Read all about it online. Download the app, register and receive a $2.00 signup bonus.

Like any 'new' service there are not many retailers accepting this 'just yet', so all you trolls can keep
your negative comments to yourself.
42 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3252 posts
1396 upvotes
"Negative comment" reserved for later
If I have answered your question, Hit the Ol' THUMBS UP❗
Apr 22, 2014
41 posts
94 upvotes
Verdun, QC
The major problem with digital currencies is that you can pre-mine your currency which is not loyal. Bitcoin is the only way to go for now in digital currency but my advice is just stay out of it it will come by itself slowly if we don't find something better by then.
Jan 19, 2006
83 posts
66 upvotes
Castlegar BC
partsguy100 wrote: all you trolls can keep your negative comments to yourself.
That doesn't sound like RedFlag at all.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5215 posts
4344 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a list of places that accept it?
Apr 1, 2009
297 posts
283 upvotes
Winnipeg
zentro wrote: Is there a list of places that accept it?
Here it is:
Oct 5, 2012
7 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton
thanks for the chuckle. lol
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1755 posts
1171 upvotes
Calgary
Sign-up for 500,000 accounts.
????
Profit.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7143 posts
1812 upvotes
Toronto
NO free $2.00 after registration

Edit: You need to verify your account on the mobile app to get $2.00
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1096 posts
838 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Please just send to my Paypal account, when it hits 1 million the donation over 10,000 will take 500,000. :)

Since this currency has no actual value, why not give away 10,000 whatever they call it. If it is on parity to the Cdn, then don't we have Paypal already.
Mar 7, 2006
86 posts
6 upvotes
Now we need a service to go from nanopay (mintchip) to bitcoin.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3043 posts
2067 upvotes
Canadia
zentro wrote: Is there a list of places that accept it?
See this page. I count 11 places in the heart of Toronto (if there is such a thing...) including the developers' favorite pub, a sushi place, a cake shop and Home Hardware. It's kinda like what would happen if I created my own digital currency. Except with more cake and sushi and less Ferraris.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20065 posts
7409 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Why do i get the feeling this is some kind of phishing app
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
May 28, 2004
661 posts
242 upvotes
BelleVegas
So let me get this straight, I have to transfer money out of my bank account, who is paying me diddly squat in interest, to a mint chip account which pays no interest, so I can pay for something, but is not accepted by Most retailers?

No word of a lie, I got a Letter from a "lawyer" in italy today, who said a relative had died with 5 million euros Estate ( I'm not supposed to tell anyone) LOL.. give credit to the guy who spent at least a dollar to try and scam me, coughing money up front.

I'm sorry, i'll stick with my debit card.. it may not be minty but ... LOL
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
1287 posts
1207 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone downloaded the app?
Does it let you transfer the $2 to PayPal? :razz:
Sep 25, 2015
251 posts
75 upvotes
Calgary, AB
There is something to be said for a currency that is or will be defunct.

If you paid 100 billion Zimbabwean dollars for three eggs, what did you owe in taxes? At the time, whatever percentage they said you owed. But now you owe nothing, and now that it is defunct - the currency is worthless, as well as the taxes on it.

People assume money to have some sort of value over time, that is the wrong way to be thinking about it. There is great advantage to using what will potentially be a defunct currency for everyday transactions (say, buying and selling items 10 times each day) If you had to use a "real" currency, you would be paying probably 5% on each transaction in tax, completely nullifying the purchasing power in two days. Using a defunct currency, once it becomes defunct - no one bothers to maintain a "peg" to it, as its value is zero and and potential backtaxes on it - zero.

Boris Johnson paid for a house in British Pounds in the UK, and owed a hundred thousand or so to in US dollars to the IRS after the US determined he owed fourty year old backtaxes. Since both currencies were valid for the last 40 years, there is no way to argue it. If he had used Zimbabwean dollars or Flooz (the digital equivalent of Bitcoin that went defunct a decade ago) the IRS might have a much harder time trying to argue that the US was owed a percentage of Flooz as backtaxes.

Best money ever.