Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Minute Key

FREE House Key at kiosk inside Walmart/CT/Reno Depot

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2021 12:54 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7258 posts
71458 upvotes

FREE House Key at kiosk inside Walmart/CT/Reno Depot

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Minute Key
Minute Key is offering 10,000 keys for Free when you apply coupon code OCT28915C2 at check out.

These Kiosk are located in Walmart. You basically scan you key and a screen will appear with the different types of styles you can select (see picture). Proceed to checkout and enter the coupon code. No personal/credit card information needed to checkout. I made two for myself (see picture) I guess I could have made unlimited quantities but didn't want to be greedy.

Note, for the TML fans out there, depending on your style of key, they have a TML key you can pick which is $6.99 and would be free with the code as well.
Images
  • 20201022_085323_Burst01.jpg
  • 20201022_085511.jpg
Last edited by hill15 on Oct 23rd, 2020 10:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
149 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
I had always been really sketched out about giving these companies my key pattern and my address (via credit card). Whenever I use these machines I always (wear a tinfoil hat, and) use a card with a different billing address.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20040 posts
9793 upvotes
Toronto
kimwoobingsu wrote: I had always been really sketched out about giving these companies my key pattern and my address (via credit card). Whenever I use these machines I always (wear a tinfoil hat, and) use a card with a different billing address.
I'm pretty sure your billing address is not shared with a vendor at Card Swipe...
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3897 posts
2322 upvotes
Ottawa
kimwoobingsu wrote: I had always been really sketched out about giving these companies my key pattern and my address (via credit card). Whenever I use these machines I always (wear a tinfoil hat, and) use a card with a different billing address.
While the concern is valid, aren't you doing this in person? There shouldn't be any billing address needed to be provided if you're paying with chip & pin or swipe
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3675 posts
1724 upvotes
Any idea if these can do Canada Post mailbox keys?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7258 posts
71458 upvotes
No need to worry. No personal/credit card information is entered into the kiosk at all.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7258 posts
71458 upvotes
Smokey6 wrote: Any idea of exp? Oct 31?
I think so but I think today or tomorrow the 10,000 keys will be given out.
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
722 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: I'm pretty sure your billing address is not shared with a vendor at Card Swipe...
pretty sure?, i'm pretty sure the internet is all a scam
Dec 22, 2006
828 posts
368 upvotes
Toronto
Great Deal, will try--Thanks OP!
Aug 11, 2012
300 posts
564 upvotes
Halifax
Their poor website!! RFD effect activated Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Not to know is bad; not to wish to know is worse. ☕
May 6, 2020
306 posts
366 upvotes
Get a electric lock with no key needed?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
7135 posts
3514 upvotes
goob3r wrote: Any idea if these can do Canada Post mailbox keys?
With 99 percent certainty I think you cannot
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7258 posts
71458 upvotes
goob3r wrote: Any idea if these can do Canada Post mailbox keys?

I don't think so. Just house and maybe shed/padlock.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote:
I'm pretty sure your billing address is not shared with a vendor at Card Swipe...
Akitakara wrote: While the concern is valid, aren't you doing this in person? There shouldn't be any billing address needed to be provided if you're paying with chip & pin or swipe
I'm not sure about how the backend process works and what data you are actually giving up, but I remember seeing a documentary or something that someone with a skimmer can obtain your name, postal code (not 100% sure about full address), and CC info just by bumping into you. Of course that freaked me the heck out when I was younger and I LITERALLY used to line my wallet with tinfoil.

Edit: I did this when I was like 16~ and I didn't even have a CC, I definitely don't do this anymore, I had some extreme paranoia back then lol.
Last edited by Guest98234897234 on Oct 22nd, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7258 posts
71458 upvotes
kevinc999 wrote: Anyone know if these can duplicate car keys?

Types of Keys That Can Be Duplicated

1. What types of keys will this machine duplicate? This machine is able to copy home and office keys. This includes most: Kwikset, KW1 and KW10 Schlage, SC1 Weiser, WR3 and WR5 (in some areas) Others: Baldwin, Titan and clones of the above key types Padlock key Masterlock M1 (on some machines) 2. Can this machine copy my car key? No. Minute Key does not copy car keys at this time, but can identify if your retailer can duplicate them and provide you with the necessary information to expedite the process. 3. Do I need to know what type of key I have? No. The Minute Key machine automatically identifies your key for you and determines if it can be duplicated. 4. Can I copy “Do Not Duplicate,” school building, high-security, public institution or other restricted keys? No, this machine cannot be used for duplicating any keys marked “Do Not Duplicate”. See TERMS OF USE for more details. 5. Can I copy someone else’s keys? This machine is only for duplicating keys you are authorized to duplicate.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9110 posts
6962 upvotes
West GTEH!
hill15 wrote: Minute Key is offering 10,000 keys for Free when you apply coupon code OCT28915C2 at check out.

These Kiosk are located in Walmart. You basically scan you key and a screen will appear with the different types of styles you can select (see picture). Proceed to checkout and enter the coupon code. No personal/credit card information needed to checkout. I made two for myself (see picture) I guess I could have made unlimited quantities but didn't want to be greedy.

Note, for the TML fans out there, depending on your style of key, they have a TML key you can pick which is $6.99 and would be free with the code as well.
Thanks OP. Will check this out at my local Walmart.
Good timing, I just put in a new lockset for my Front Door and was looking to get extra copies
Last edited by Webhead on Oct 22nd, 2020 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
😎
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7258 posts
71458 upvotes
Anyone making duplicate keys, use the master copy if you can. You get a better cut key.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)