6 Guitars
Room
Miss Siagon
Indecent
15 replies
Jan 23, 2008
915 posts
483 upvotes
How do you see the pricing? I can't see the 50% off...
Jan 11, 2016
204 posts
80 upvotes
Peterborough
cryingx wrote: How do you see the pricing? I can't see the 50% off...
It automatically puts in the web code. BOXWEB
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
1038 posts
429 upvotes
Call them when they open if you’re having trouble. Their site wasn’t working on Christmas Eve (subscriber presale) but they applied it by phone no problem
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
1038 posts
429 upvotes
If you’re wondering which to choose, I thought Come From Away was great. Uplifting story about kindness on 9/11. Gifted Piaf tickets to a couple and they liked it. Said it was an interesting story about two very different famous ladies who became friends. They didn’t know know who Piaf or Dietrich are beforehand but liked the play all the same
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1056 posts
275 upvotes
ariel wrote: If you’re wondering which to choose, I thought Come From Away was great. Uplifting story about kindness on 9/11. Gifted Piaf tickets to a couple and they liked it. Said it was an interesting story about two very different famous ladies who became friends. They didn’t know know who Piaf or Dietrich are beforehand but liked the play all the same
I second Come From Away. Saw it in Toronto last Jan and loved it so much I also got Broadway tickets to see it again when I went to NYC a couple weeks later. Made me so proud to be Canadian!
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9718 posts
1211 upvotes
GTA
GPS wrote: I second Come From Away. Saw it in Toronto last Jan and loved it so much I also got Broadway tickets to see it again when I went to NYC a couple weeks later. Made me so proud to be Canadian!
Curious how did the Canadian production compare to the Broadway production?

Did they change the Shoppers Drug Mart and Tim Horton's references? :) I assume not.

The Broadway production is mainly the original Canadian cast?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1056 posts
275 upvotes
YLSF wrote: Curious how did the Canadian production compare to the Broadway production?

Did they change the Shoppers Drug Mart and Tim Horton's references? :) I assume not.

The Broadway production is mainly the original Canadian cast?
The Canadians laughed at the inside jokes more, eg. SDM. Tim horton's everyone laughed on both sides of the border.
I cried at the end of the Broadway one for probably 2 reasons: I had just been to the 9/11 memorial and museum right before the play, and seeing the Americans give a standing ovation to a Canadian play made me feel so proud! I can't remember which cast was which. They both did the play justice and moved me each time.
Penalty Box
Dec 2, 2014
405 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I refuse ti watch this show purely due to its stupid name. Wtf is come from away?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1056 posts
275 upvotes
atomee wrote: I refuse ti watch this show purely due to its stupid name. Wtf is come from away?
Is this a joke or real ignorance? Newfoundlanders refer to those from other parts of Canada and the world as those who "Come From Away". They have a ton of local sayings and a distinct culture there.
It's a true story of community and caring, made into a very funny and touching musical by 2 regular Torontonians that has won tons of awards and expanded to theatres worldwide. If you ever visit, you'll know this, so maybe the name of the play doesn't have to bother you so much.
Apr 12, 2008
598 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
atomee wrote: I refuse ti watch this show purely due to its stupid name. Wtf is come from away?
Someone not from the area.

Stompin' Tom Connors: (Don't Stay Where You're To) Come Where We're At

Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
1038 posts
429 upvotes
See the play and you’ll find out
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
6663 posts
2755 upvotes
Thanks OP. Bought a few tickets to Miss Saigon.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2251 posts
751 upvotes
Thanks OP! Got my parents tickets to see come from away. They were really pleased.
Nov 4, 2015
61 posts
45 upvotes
Sudbury
Thank you OP. In for 2 for Riverdance.