Expired Hot Deals

mirvish.com

Mirvish Productions $10 Stay At Home Show (donation, Includes tax receipt)

• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2021 2:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22520 posts
27257 upvotes
Toronto

[mirvish.com] Mirvish Productions $10 Stay At Home Show (donation, Includes tax receipt)

Deal Link:
Price:
$10
Retailer:
mirvish.com
More offers from mirvish.com
Ye wife is in me dms baby.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2002
1571 posts
114 upvotes
Mississauga
Big fan of the theatre but what is this? I don't get it. Is it a real show, some sort of gift box or are they just asking for a donation?
Mar 2, 2016
419 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
This is the stupid idea of someone who overvalued their sense of humor
Public Mobile|Fido|Tangerine|EQ|AMEX|Plastiq|Paytm|eBates|TopCashBack|Mr. Rebates|Great Canadian Rebates|RocketMiles
BRIM|AwardWallet|Skiplagged|uber|Lyft|airBNB|uberEats|DoorDash|Skip the Dishes|Foodora|Ritual
Jan 16, 2016
109 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like just a humorous way to donate. You do get a tax receipt
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
20658 posts
8152 upvotes
Toronto
The Stay At Home Show tickets make brilliant and appropriate souvenirs of these unprecedented times. Buy one for your scrap book or to frame and hang on your wall of mementos. They are amazing gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, Mother’s Day, any occasion.

Each ticket comes with a tax receipt for the full ticket price.

Quantities are limited. A charitable tax receipt from The AFC will be emailed shortly after your donation is made. Your souvenir ticket(s) will be mailed to you the old-fashioned way within five business days by Mirvish Productions. Donation deadline: May 15, 2021. Souvenir tickets have no cash value and cannot be returned, exchanged, refunded or re-sold.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2032 posts
1879 upvotes
The least they could do is have a photo of what you're actually getting on the damn page.

If this is literally just a printed Mirvish ticket with half-baked copy then meh.
They could have at least created a framed ticket memento or something and charged $25...I'm sure plenty of souvenir people would buy
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
2944 posts
1188 upvotes
Damnit, RFD, you guys have ruined my look on things and made me a cynic. I would have happily donated money to Mirvish through this half-baked fund raising attempt because I've been going to see productions since I was a little kid thanks to my parents and now my wife and I go and see every show that comes out in Toronto as well and I want to see them survive this pandemic in a healthy way and continue adding culture to our city.

But after reading all the comments above, it's making me feel like they are half-assing it too much and don't deserve my donation...
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1251 posts
329 upvotes
I'd update the title to be more transparent that this is a link to donate to a Not-for-profit organization.
Apr 6, 2017
909 posts
1387 upvotes
So far from a hot deal it’s not even funny!!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1633 posts
1651 upvotes
"Tickets to The Stay At Home Show are only $10 each. There are no taxes, no service charges, no other fees whatsoever.

But if you’re looking for a richer experience, choose our Premium package. It’s the same as the regular ticket but more expensive. At only $100 per ticket, it’s a bargain at double the cost."

umm....
Sep 14, 2008
166 posts
147 upvotes
It's just a charitable ask, don't know why people are getting riled up about it.

In order to qualify for a receipt, incentives would have to be nominal or else it would be deducted from the gift itself. Also it is a fundraiser for AFC, so it doesn't benefit Mirvish (unless I missed something)
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2002
1571 posts
114 upvotes
Mississauga
CrypticThief wrote: It's just a charitable ask, don't know why people are getting riled up about it.

In order to qualify for a receipt, incentives would have to be nominal or else it would be deducted from the gift itself. Also it is a fundraiser for AFC, so it doesn't benefit Mirvish (unless I missed something)
It's not that it's a charitable ask that I'm annoyed at. It's that it's not very clear as to what it's about or what you're getting. I browsed through it and I thought it was a live stream of a show initially. Then I realized it is a charitable thing which is fine but there's also a ticket component? So what does the ticket look like?

Been a Mirvish subscriber for years and just because it's a charitable thing doesn't mean it can't be done better.
Mar 7, 2011
293 posts
343 upvotes
Surrey, BC
This is dumb. I'm all for amusing ways to get people to donate. But with this they make it sound like it's a live stream of a show. And then it turns out you get nothing. People are going to buy the premium "ticket" without reading carefully and thinking they're getting a 3 course meal box delivered and a live streamed show.

What's the point of tricking people into donating money? Just be upfront. Downvote
Nov 19, 2009
689 posts
588 upvotes
Toronto
fruitpunch.ben wrote: This is dumb. I'm all for amusing ways to get people to donate. But with this they make it sound like it's a live stream of a show. And then it turns out you get nothing. People are going to buy the premium "ticket" without reading carefully and thinking they're getting a 3 course meal box delivered and a live streamed show.

What's the point of tricking people into donating money? Just be upfront. Downvote
I mean, I think the wording is pretty obvious that you're donating money, but you probably do have a point. People can be dumb and generally don't read the fine print (or in this case, the regular print).

poor OP got your downvote. devastating!!!
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14283 posts
9050 upvotes
Markham
When I saw the email, I thought maybe there's some show....instead this is what?

HONEST ED (father) would not be amused with this. This deal is "for the birds"
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!