Expired Hot Deals

[mirvish.com] Toronto - Hamilton the Musical. $10 ticket lottery. February 11 – May 17, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 5:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21131 posts
23328 upvotes
Toronto

[mirvish.com] Toronto - Hamilton the Musical. $10 ticket lottery. February 11 – May 17, 2020

Deal Link:
Price:
$10
Expiry:
May 17, 2020
Retailer:
mirvish.com
More offers from mirvish.com
Me and my GF have done lottery a few times for Mirvish shows. We've both won (Book of Mormon, etc). Good luck!

https://www.mirvish.com/news/announcing ... in-toronto

Producer Jeffery Seller and David Mirvish announced a digital lottery for HAMILTON tickets will begin in conjunction with the show’s first performance (February 11) in Toronto at the Ed Mirvish Theatre. Forty (40) tickets will be sold for every performance for $10 each. The digital lottery will open at 11:00 AM on February 9 for tickets to the Tuesday, February 11 performance. Subsequent digital lotteries will begin two days prior to each performance.

Tickets for HAMILTON are currently on sale. Patrons are advised to check the official HAMILTON channels and https://www.mirvish.com for late release seats which may become available at short notice.

HOW TO ENTER

Use the official app for HAMILTON, now available for all iOS and Android devices in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store (http://hamiltonmusical.com/app).
You can also visit http://hamiltonmusical.com/lottery to register.
The lottery will open at 11:00 AM two days prior to the performance date and will close for entry at 9:00 AM the day prior to the performance.
Winner and non-winner notifications will be sent between 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM the day prior to the performance via email and SMS (if mobile number is provided).
No purchase or payment necessary to enter or participate.
Each winning entrant may purchase up to two (2) tickets.
Only one entry per person. Repeat entries and disposable email addresses will be discarded.
Tickets must be purchased online with a credit card by 4:00 PM the day prior to the performance using the purchase link and code in a customized notification email. Tickets not claimed by 4:00 PM the day prior to the performance are forfeited.
Lottery tickets may be picked up at will call beginning 2 hours prior to the performance with a valid photo ID. Lottery tickets void if resold.
All times listed are in eastern time zone.
All prices are in Canadian dollars.

ADDITIONAL RULES

Patrons must be 18 years or older and have a valid, non-expired photo ID that matches the name used to enter. Tickets are non-transferable. Ticket limits and prices displayed are at the sole discretion of the show and are subject to change without notice.

WHEN IS HAMILTON COMING TO THE ED MIRVISH THEATRE IN TORONTO?

February 11 – May 17, 2020

WHAT ARE LIMITED-VIEW SEATS?
Last edited by sprung on Jan 28th, 2020 11:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
325 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8182 posts
2813 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, bought 10.

Seriously, how is this a deal?

For anyone curious, Hamilton is definitely worth shelling out the money to see if you're a fan of musicals, or even if you're not, it's wonderful.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6203 posts
1119 upvotes
Mississauga
why watch a musical on hamilton when u can just drive there?

edit: thumbs up if u get the joke...
Last edited by Longobongo on Oct 16th, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2148 posts
1182 upvotes
GTA
Longobongo wrote: why watch a musical on hamilton when u can just drive there?
huh ??? !!!

Hamilton is the name of the show, not Hamilton the steel town.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Nov 23, 2004
368 posts
303 upvotes
Hamilton is a RnB and Hiphop musical...so depending on your music taste you may love it or hate it. I loved it, my wife hated it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6727 posts
5803 upvotes
Toronto
Variability wrote: Thanks, bought 10.

Seriously, how is this a deal?
This is a heads-up about a ticket lottery happening for the show (which is not a standard practice on all Mirvish shows), so you pay only $10 for your ticket if you win the lottery.

When you pay less for something, it's a deal.

Thanks for the heads up, OP!
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14071 posts
4483 upvotes
London
How does one enter the lottery?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7121 posts
1885 upvotes
T dot 6
DragOnT wrote: huh ??? !!!

Hamilton is the name of the show, not Hamilton the steel town.
Dude, it was a joke, no one would ever want to drive to Hamilton.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21131 posts
23328 upvotes
Toronto
Viper98 wrote: How does one enter the lottery?
It'll likely be similar to lottery that they did for Book of Mormon

Entries will be accepted at the Ed Mirvish Theatre Box Office beginning two and a half hours prior to each performance; each person will print their name and the number of tickets (1 or 2) they wish to purchase on a card that is provided. Two hours before curtain, names will be drawn at random for a limited number of tickets priced at $10 each. Only one entry is allowed per person. Cards are checked for duplication prior to drawing. Winners must be present at the time of the drawing and show valid ID to purchase tickets. Limit one entry per person and two tickets per winner. Tickets are subject to availability.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Nov 8, 2018
35 posts
68 upvotes
As a subscriber, I already have 8 tickets but I didn't get them for $10. The lottery is hit or miss. I have done it twice and I am pretty sure they do it for every show. I won once out of 2. Usually it is $20. The challenge is you have to go to the theatre to enter and aren't guaranteed tickets. It depends on how many people enter the lottery for each show and luck. Personally I think that it is great that they do this so people who haven't planned months in advance can still get in to see shows that are sold out like Hamilton surely will be.
Last edited by KevinD50465 on Oct 16th, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1407 posts
485 upvotes
Halton
drove to cleveland to see it summer 2018
fun show
parents didn't love it it... it's too fast, couldn't understand a word they said... my kids knew the songs by heart months before we got there

good times, but should be in contests
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1077 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
edit: thumbs up if u get the joke...
Thanks DAD, so lame Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

If I downvote will RFD effect not happen? The last thing I want is another 2k of RFDer's queuing.
Last edited by Faemow on Oct 16th, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4140 posts
2454 upvotes
Jaytee wrote: Dude, it was a joke, no one would ever want to drive to Hamilton.
Who doesn’t love Hess village
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11905 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
Demand is going to be insane for this. I wouldn't be surprised if a thousand people showed up for each lottery draw.