• Jun 21st, 2016 7:44 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 1, 2008
24 posts
Toronto

Misplaced/lost speak out $100 voucher

need help. i purchased with my credit card a $100 , with taxes $113 a voucher refill. i am positive that i kept it at some place at home and now unable to find it. My query is what are my options in getting this back?

I contacted with the 711 store where it was purchased but they gave a negative reply. The visa also could not help me. I am sure there must be some way to figure this out, either null the original invoice and get a indeminity note from me and issue me a new one, because obvoiusly noone has used this..

Any insights or help highly appreciated. thanks

ps. it may be of help to someone in similiar situation.
7 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
12223 posts
8631 upvotes
Edmonton
mansha wrote: need help. i purchased with my credit card a $100 , with taxes $113 a voucher refill. i am positive that i kept it at some place at home and now unable to find it. My query is what are my options in getting this back?

I contacted with the 711 store where it was purchased but they gave a negative reply. The visa also could not help me. I am sure there must be some way to figure this out, either null the original invoice and get a indeminity note from me and issue me a new one, because obvoiusly noone has used this..

Any insights or help highly appreciated. thanks

ps. it may be of help to someone in similiar situation.
I suspect you're out of luck. It's no different than losing a gift card for someplace? Or is it attached to your phone number in some way?

BTW, did you try phoning Speak Out customer service, instead of just talking to the local store?

C
[OP]
Oct 1, 2008
24 posts
Toronto
thanks for your reply. Gift card is something again a slightly different persepective. If given to someone and lost a different issue,

I did all, called speakout customer service, went personally to store, and also called visa. It could be traced from visa that no money-in this case transaction to update the speakout voucher has been done. so there must be someway.
There back office I understand can easily trace this out. This was purchased for my use. There has to be some solution.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4823 posts
2588 upvotes
I'd contact the 7-11 head office if I was you and they may do a more formal inquiry regarding it all. From my own personal experience, which related to buying a $50 gift card from 7-11, but not having any money deposited on it/activated, they got in touch with a district manager who then pressured the specific store to basically take care of it for me. I got the sense they couldn't really track my initial purchase, even though I had the card in hand + receipt, but eventually the store just issued me a new gift card likely to get me to piss off.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14864 posts
4370 upvotes
Why must someone else take responsibility for your mistake?
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
May 29, 2008
780 posts
307 upvotes
I've lost a speakout voucher before. It was almost right after I bought it too. I went back to the store, and the manager instructed the associate to call in to the place that provides the service for Speakout (I forgot the name), and they were able to get me the voucher code back. The cashier was told what the code over the phone, and it was written down on my receipt by the cashier. The thing is though, I had my receipt and the exact time that it was purchased.