Cell Phones

Missed out on the koodo $60 dollar deal... something better than my MB 48 plan?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2018 12:16 pm
[OP]
Sep 25, 2016
139 posts
41 upvotes

Missed out on the koodo $60 dollar deal... something better than my MB 48 plan?

Hi Everyone

I missed out on the black friday deal from koodo for $60. Im currently with them for the MB plan, I was wondering if there are any better deals currently offered, i'd like a bit more data. I can bring my own phone or even do a tab plan if needed.
9 replies
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14440 posts
12314 upvotes
Going to the Moon
$49 for 6GB QC plan.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
20661 posts
8831 upvotes
Toronto
OP, so you missed out on the sale of the decade and now you are wondering if there is something out there even better. Let me check and I will get back to you. In the mean time, please don't hold your breath.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21898 posts
3159 upvotes
Toronto
check BST: Cellphones - there are a couple of folks selling the $60 10GB plans - Koodo, Bell and Virgin Mobile:

Seller is asking $100 for the Virgin Mobile plan - this is the most reasonable:
60-virgin-mobile-unlimited-can-ld-calle ... a-2166789/

Seller has 2 plans (Koodo and Bell) - asking $170 & $220 respectively:

koodo-60-10gb-unlimited-canada-wide-cal ... n-2163895/
bell-10gb-plan-60-mon-bonus-2-months-bill-paid-2166605/

Disclaimer - I don't know any of these sellers - just was looking for iphones and noticed the plans being sold....

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14440 posts
12314 upvotes
Going to the Moon
ji2o0k wrote: check BST: Cellphones - there are a couple of folks selling the $60 10GB plans - Koodo, Bell and Virgin Mobile:

Seller is asking $100 for the Virgin Mobile plan - this is the most reasonable:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/60-virg ... a-2166789/

Seller has 2 plans (Koodo and Bell) - asking $170 & $220 respectively:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-6 ... n-2163895/
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/bell-10 ... d-2166605/

Disclaimer - I don't know any of these sellers - just was looking for iphones and noticed the plans being sold....
Lolz at rate plan scalping on RFD BST. The bottom feeders...
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
20661 posts
8831 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote: Lolz at rate plan scalping on RFD BST. The bottom feeders...
You know what PT Barnum said...
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13319 posts
2682 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Cmon now... knowing robbers history if something works well once they always bring it back a 2nd time or even a 3rd time. It's a great cross opportunity for them. We snagged you for the cell, now we can cross sell you internet, cable, hf, etc. They've done it on many promos saying it's one time only then several mos later it's back. Lolz.

Patience Luke Skywalker... patience.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14440 posts
12314 upvotes
Going to the Moon
aznnorth wrote: Cmon now... knowing robbers history if something works well once they always bring it back a 2nd time or even a 3rd time. It's a great cross opportunity for them. We snagged you for the cell, now we can cross sell you internet, cable, hf, etc. They've done it on many promos saying it's one time only then several mos later it's back. Lolz.

Patience Luke Skywalker... patience.
QC BYOD $34 2GB data has never returned. I had it at $41 Virgin Silver, lost it because a foolish CSR didn't know how to do their job (increased me by $1), I use that as leverage to get a $10 or 10% off whenever I do phone upgrades, so I still pay less, and I have the 1GB for $2 add-on (which is only $1 chez Koodo).

Luke Skywalker will retire, then die of old age before big three bring back the rate plan of the millenium until some massive intervention happens (new CLEC, CRTC mandates wholesale tariffs to MVNO's, gov't mandates a "skinny pkg" with all add-ons à la carte like they did with TV, Freedom/Shaw pair up with Robbers to launch 5G Yet still offer dirt cheap rate plans, etc.).
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13319 posts
2682 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
titaniumtux wrote: QC BYOD $34 2GB data has never returned. I had it at $41 Virgin Silver, lost it because a foolish CSR didn't know how to do their job (increased me by $1), I use that as leverage to get a $10 or 10% off whenever I do phone upgrades, so I still pay less, and I have the 1GB for $2 add-on (which is only $1 chez Koodo).

Luke Skywalker will retire, then die of old age before big three bring back the rate plan of the millenium until some massive intervention happens (new CLEC, CRTC mandates wholesale tariffs to MVNO's, gov't mandates a "skinny pkg" with all add-ons à la carte like they did with TV, Freedom/Shaw pair up with Robbers to launch 5G Yet still offer dirt cheap rate plans, etc.).
Disagree. My feeling... robbers will bring it back even if only for a weekend special. Note I said "many" not ALL deals in my post.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14440 posts
12314 upvotes
Going to the Moon
aznnorth wrote: Disagree. My feeling... robbers will bring it back even if only for a weekend special. Note I said "many" not ALL deals in my post.
Only time will tell :lol: