Hot Deals

[Mississauga Hardware] Bosch 12" Glide Mitre Saw GCM12SD - $449 (w/option to pm at Lowes)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2021 4:13 pm
[OP]
Mar 15, 2016
124 posts
179 upvotes
Oakville, ON

Bosch 12" Glide Mitre Saw GCM12SD - $449 (w/option to pm at Lowes)

Deal Link:
Price:
$449
Savings:
44%
Retailer:
Mississauga Hardware
Good Evening People of RFDland. Came across an amazing deal.

The Bosch Glide 12 inch mitre saw is on sale for $499 at Mississauga Hardware, Went to Lowes and Pricebeat 10% and got it for $449+Taxes.
There are a bunch in stock at Burlington, Mississauga and Hamilton as of 6:15 pm. Find receipt attached.

Hurry as Stores close tonight and do not open for inperson shopping for at least 28 days.

Tried to find it at Home Depot but seems like they don't sell it anymore (OOS online/instore).

Also the 3 pack Dewalt blades are on sale for $99 starting tomorrow at Lowes. They ringed up as $139 but the manager was understanding and gave it for $99 today.

Enjoy :))
Images
  • IMG_3053.jpg
Last edited by Mars2012 on Apr 7th, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added retailer to title
29 replies
Jul 16, 2015
380 posts
174 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
This is a great saw, and isn't meant to be dragged to the jobsite. Not sure how often the average person would need to move this around.
Jan 13, 2014
58 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is too hard to pass up. Been looking to upgrade my mastercraft mitre saw for a while now. Need something that doesn’t change angles during operation.

Can’t make it in before close tonight though. Anybody know if the store will price match over the phone for curb side pickup?

Edit: anybody have insight on how this saw compares with the Dewalt DWS780?
Jul 2, 2005
397 posts
124 upvotes
Mississauga
This is a very good saw. Had mine since 2016, I used it mostly for cutting hard Maple boards 2-3" thick. It's mostly used in stationary mitre stations or with the partnered mitre stand. For carrying around the cheap (but good) Kobalt saw fits the job.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2049 posts
180 upvotes
da saw is good but the woods are expensive to buy these days... Angry Face
$ave by the woods......Face With Tears Of Joy
Chinese Food+MSG=Good Food :rolleyes:
Dec 7, 2020
66 posts
16 upvotes
price beat around my neighbourhood is just the mission impossible, those CT and lowes are harsh. guess i have to stuck with my mastercraft for a little more
i only state out the truth, if that hurts your feelings, suck it up, you are a grown adult.
infraction my ares
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2433 posts
1355 upvotes
Dang this was my dreamboat mitre saw but I went with the 10” sliding rigid last year. These ones hardly go on sale, been watching for maybe 3 years.
May 3, 2016
589 posts
362 upvotes
Thanks OP! Was able to grab one just before close at Lowes with 10% off - anyone one know a good laser line for this (literally the only option it doesn't have lol)

Been looking for this saw on sale since forever.
May 3, 2016
589 posts
362 upvotes
Beleafer91 wrote: This is too hard to pass up. Been looking to upgrade my mastercraft mitre saw for a while now. Need something that doesn’t change angles during operation.

Can’t make it in before close tonight though. Anybody know if the store will price match over the phone for curb side pickup?

Edit: anybody have insight on how this saw compares with the Dewalt DWS780?
I tried and was given a lame excuse:

My team checked this over and unfortunately it doesn't meet one of our terms: If you find an identical item for less at a Canadian online only website .... this site offers shipping to US customers, so it's not solely a Canadian site.

Ran to Lowes to pick it up after these shenanigans.
Jan 13, 2014
58 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto, ON
saad29 wrote: I tried and was given a lame excuse:

My team checked this over and unfortunately it doesn't meet one of our terms: If you find an identical item for less at a Canadian online only website .... this site offers shipping to US customers, so it's not solely a Canadian site.

So they wouldn’t do it over the phone for you, but they did it in person?
May 3, 2016
589 posts
362 upvotes
Beleafer91 wrote: So they wouldn’t do it over the phone for you, but they did it in person?
They didn't do it on the online chat option for me.

The store rep did it for me after checking everything was kosher.

Sorry I completely misread your question. No clue about calling it in.
Nov 18, 2008
741 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
Been watching Dewalt DWS780 for couple months now. It seems like this one doesn’t have laser and DWS780 has great laser.

Can Lowes Pm for a store curb side pickup?

Also if I’m like 45 minutes away from Mississauga would they PM? I guess I’ll have to try and see.
Nov 21, 2015
109 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I had both the Dewalt dws780 and the bosch. Both are great and beyond what most homeowners need.

Bosch does not have a great laser, you can buy the addon but it's not great. It also has a plastic detent plate. It was not great for large crown molding. Dust collection is not great either. The fact that it can can sit flush against the wall is a massive pro.

Dewalt is built like a tank. The XPS light system is better than any laser can do and is always visible.assive improvement over the Bosch. I liked the detent system on the Dewalt more. Dust collection is a bit better that the Bosch but not great. The Dewalt is a slider so it needs about a foot of space and cannot sit flush against the wall.

Can't go wrong with the bosch at this price.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2023 posts
1390 upvotes
Hamilton
saad29 wrote: I tried and was given a lame excuse:

I'd be writing in to head office. That's a joke.
Feb 6, 2009
202 posts
34 upvotes
Have owned this saw for about 2 years. It is a fantastic. Great shop saw to be able to put up against a wall, super beefy (not the most portable chop saw). I love it. Dust collection on chop saws is generally not good but this is marginally better than most (maybe only rivaled by the Kapex).
May 16, 2017
96 posts
20 upvotes
Calgary
That's a damn good deal!
Does that apply to ON only? Any chance for other provinces?
[OP]
Mar 15, 2016
124 posts
179 upvotes
Oakville, ON
ironman21 wrote: That's a damn good deal!
Does that apply to ON only? Any chance for other provinces?
Not sure! But someone said it’s Canada wide shipping so it might work!
[OP]
Mar 15, 2016
124 posts
179 upvotes
Oakville, ON
saad29 wrote: Thanks OP! Was able to grab one just before close at Lowes with 10% off - anyone one know a good laser line for this (literally the only option it doesn't have lol)

Been looking for this saw on sale since forever.

It’s on Amazon by Oshlun or search up Bosch led light hack. I used the laser with 10 inch Bosch and it works fine!