Expired Hot Deals

MISTAKE FARE: Toronto to Istanbul, Beirut, Dubai & many more – $349 to $429 CAD roundtrip w/ Egypt Air

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2019 7:03 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1024 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I am sure I've been to more countries than 99.99% of Canadians and I've only ever got robbed in Vancouver... Go figure.:P
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1012 posts
356 upvotes
T Dot
Turkey is a must visit for anyone that hasn't been. Super friendly people, use common sense and you will have so much fun. I used Egypt air with layover in Cairo, let's just say as long as you don't expect much in terms of service and comfort, you will be fine. On prayer days they will play a video, don't be alarmed. Airport is outdated and I couldn't get wifi service. Check with your provider to make sure Egypt is part of roaming. Sat at the food court table for 5 hours. Got "hand massaged" multiple times at customs, shoes and belt all need to come off. Make sure you have proper fitting pants. Some dude's pants dropped while going through the detector with his hands up. No, the ladies weren't impressed.
Jul 14, 2009
367 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
dk87 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 8:00 am
Some dude's pants dropped while going through the detector with his hands up. No, the ladies weren't impressed.
Lol. Aren't there separate lines for ladies in Egypt?
Jul 14, 2009
367 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
You will find many "Canadians" in Lebanon.

In 2006, we spent $94 million to evacuate 15,000 "Canadians" from there. More than half returned within a month of being evacuated.
Jul 14, 2009
367 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
ericw wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 7:54 pm
I am sure I've been to more countries than 99.99% of Canadians and I've only ever got robbed in Vancouver... Go figure.:P
It's always nicer to be robbed closer to home than in faraway lands hundreds of miles away. Consider yourself lucky... Winking Face
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7249 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
ericw wrote:
interesting fact
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
520 upvotes
Brossard, QC
Don't know if I can get the vaocation at that time. If I can lock my vocation, it is the best deal I can find to go to Istanbul.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6407 posts
1214 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
From those who have been to Turkey - any suggestions for an 8-night itinerary?
I'm late 30s male, travelling solo - would rather chill in a couple of places instead of spending my time in transit.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1024 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto, ON
newt_101 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 9:52 am
From those who have been to Turkey - any suggestions for an 8-night itinerary?
I'm late 30s male, travelling solo - would rather chill in a couple of places instead of spending my time in transit.
Istanbul, Cappadocia / Goreme, and then maybe Antalya for some beach day. (fly - domestic flights are cheap).
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10929 posts
5745 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Even Mogadishu?
ericw wrote:

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Oct 6, 2006
342 posts
158 upvotes
I did this to go to Middle east a couple of years ago ... NEVER AGAIN on Egypt Air... first off, though the plane is a 777, the cabin is like from the 80s. My wife was pregnant at the time so we got first class upgrade for a couple of extra hundred dollars.

First off, the "leather" seats had stains on them, to the point that my wife took hand wipes out and wiped them down. when the stewardess asked my wife why shes doing that, my wife showed her the black wipe and said "i dont need to explain my self" and asked her where the nearest garbage bag is.

Secondly, we got delayed in the airport, because "the pilot deemed it unsafe to land in Toronto at the current time" .. it was snowing in toronto, but the flight is like 14 hours so not sure what the problem was in 14 hours. Anyways, we asked to be put in a hotel, because the delay is for more than 12 hours, they said all hotels are full at this point. which was a lie, because i checked online and there where plenty of open hotels... then they amended their statement to "Partnering" hotels where full. So they gave everyone lounge access, so the lounges where all FULL to capacity. we asked to be accommodated in the first class lounge, they said no because we are not dressed properly... my wife lost it at that point. talked with various managers and people,,, all where rude and ignorant. None of them helped us and ended up giving us a complaint form.

when we got to the lounge, fellow canadians where so kind to my wife, honestly she almost broke down crying, like 2 guys offered to give their seats up for her and they joined the seats so she can sleep (remember she was pregnant) .. i slept on the floor. Lounge staff where nice though ... kept the food stock piled and so on... but the food was like bite sized sandwiches.

we where so happy to be home at that trip that we said NEVER again to egypt air or landing in Cairo.
:twisted: May your wallet R.I.P :twisted:
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1024 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 10:20 am
Even Mogadishu?
lol no, no Somalia yet. Part of Somalia (Somaliland) is actually safe to visit these days.
The level of perceived safety does not always correspond to the level of wealth.
I've been to many poor places in Africa and Asia and generally felt safe as a foreigner.
Caracas was probably the scariest city I've been.
Dec 9, 2007
967 posts
385 upvotes
Busta wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 10:21 am
I did this to go to Middle east a couple of years ago ... NEVER AGAIN on Egypt Air... first off, though the plane is a 777, the cabin is like from the 80s. My wife was pregnant at the time so we got first class upgrade for a couple of extra hundred dollars.

First off, the "leather" seats had stains on them, to the point that my wife took hand wipes out and wiped them down. when the stewardess asked my wife why shes doing that, my wife showed her the black wipe and said "i dont need to explain my self" and asked her where the nearest garbage bag is.

Secondly, we got delayed in the airport, because "the pilot deemed it unsafe to land in Toronto at the current time" .. it was snowing in toronto, but the flight is like 14 hours so not sure what the problem was in 14 hours. Anyways, we asked to be put in a hotel, because the delay is for more than 12 hours, they said all hotels are full at this point. which was a lie, because i checked online and there where plenty of open hotels... then they amended their statement to "Partnering" hotels where full. So they gave everyone lounge access, so the lounges where all FULL to capacity. we asked to be accommodated in the first class lounge, they said no because we are not dressed properly... my wife lost it at that point. talked with various managers and people,,, all where rude and ignorant. None of them helped us and ended up giving us a complaint form.

when we got to the lounge, fellow canadians where so kind to my wife, honestly she almost broke down crying, like 2 guys offered to give their seats up for her and they joined the seats so she can sleep (remember she was pregnant) .. i slept on the floor. Lounge staff where nice though ... kept the food stock piled and so on... but the food was like bite sized sandwiches.

we where so happy to be home at that trip that we said NEVER again to egypt air or landing in Cairo.
To be fair, there are many insurance coverages that would provide for a hotel and other basics.

When going through IRROPS, the general rule is to get the accommodation yourself and claim later - either through insurance or through the airline.
Nov 18, 2004
413 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Busta wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 10:21 am

Which airport were you diverted to when the plane couldn't land in Toronto? Dress code for lounge access?